Superman: the movie teaser

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Crispin Glover is rumored to be the Joker for the next Batman movie.

Hamill's voice may have been good in the Animated Series, but he is one gross looking man these days.

Eh? Where has it been confirmed that Crispin would be the joker?

It's been pretty much rumors and people wanting him/hamill and others to play the part.

The joker isn't known for his dashing handsome looks....

Mark Hamill would fit the perfect perfect imo.

Plus with all the advances in makeup + prosthetics for actors they can pretty much do anything these days.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Stiler said:
Mark Hamill would fit the perfect perfect imo.

I've never disagreed with something more in my life.

[quote author=Stiler]
Plus with all the advances in makeup + prosthetics for actors they can pretty much do anything these days.
[/quote]

Nothing of this world could help Mark Hamill. Nothing. :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Stiler said:

He doesn't have the right profile IMO, and nothing will change that. Not that Crispin Glover playing the role enchants me either.

What "fits" the profile?

With make up and such they could pretty much make him look more like the classical joker most people know.

Look at tim burtons batman movies, Jack was 53 yrs old when he played the joker.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Not that Crispin Glover playing the role enchants me either.

Nor I. The best part for me in Batman Begins was the excellent selection of actors (Katie Holms aside) that were in it. Liam Neeson was amazing as Raz al Gul (sp?). I'm not sure Crispin has the chops to pull off The Joker, but I guess we'll just wait and see.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Stiler said:
What "fits" the profile?

Nicholson? :SK: But seriously, you know what actor should do it? Willem Dafoe. He's the best there could be IMO, too bad he wasted his villain potential in Spider-man...

Stiler said:
With make up and such they could pretty much make him look more like the classical joker most people know.

Well, I'm not going to say that he couldn't do it no matter what, but I don't think it's about make-up and special effects. It takes quite something as far as talent goes to be able to act as a madman, especially in the Joker's case. Mark Hamill was a great voice actor, but we all know that he was never a superb actor apart from that. I'd be willing to see it and give him a chance it if they decided on him for the role, but if they don't I won't cry over the loss.

Stiler said:
Look at tim burtons batman movies, Jack was 53 yrs old when he played the joker.

Yeah but you know... It's him, he's on a different level than Hamill, or most actors for that matter.

N

Ng51386

They should had put Jack Nicholson (spell check) for the Joker!!!

I wonder how Christoper Reeves would had felt about this new Superman, did he happen to know prior to his death if this movie was in the middle of production, or was this after?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ng51386 said:
I wonder how Christoper Reeves would had felt about this new Superman, did he happen to know prior to his death if this movie was in the middle of production, or was this after?

It has been in project for years, so he must have known about it. Nicolas Cage as Superman, directed by Tim Burton... He probably never felt his status as the official Superman actor threatened.

N

Ng51386

Aazealh said:
It has been in project for years, so he must have known about it. Nicolas Cage as Superman, directed by Tim Burton... He probably never felt his status as the official Superman actor threatened.

Christoper Reeve in my opinion is the original and can never be dethroned, it's very hard to dethrone the original in anything, especially something as legendary as Superman.

And I doubt Reeves could had felt threatened by him since he knew he had little chance of being Superman this time around due to certain... handicaps.

IMO people underestimate Mark hamill as an actor.

They see him as "luke skywalker" and think he "failed" as an actor because he choose to do voice acting over acting for the most part. He's never had that much of a chance in many films to show his acting apart from a few.

However if you think he can't act then I recommend you give the film, "The big red one," a watch. It's a wwII movie he did back in the 80's. IMO it shows just how well he can act.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Stiler said:
IMO people underestimate Mark hamill as an actor.

Well it's a matter of opinion really. I don't remember him receiving a lot of professional critical appraisal during his carrier though (apart from his works on Broadway maybe?).

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Well it's a matter of opinion really. I don't remember him receiving a lot of professional critical appraisal during his carrier though (apart from his works on Broadway maybe?).

Yea, apparently he's done well on Broadway (I think he was nominated for something for his work on "Amadeus"). Also, lets not forget that Star Wars can even make good actors look bad (the recent movies being a good example).
I have no qualms with Hamill as an actor. I just think he's a better joker when it comes to his voice only. Glover might do ok, as he does look friggin' crazy. But keep in mind Glover was probably just an educated rumor, nothing is set in stone, I think.

come on guys, manson is the joker!

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2004/11/25/marilyn_manson,0.jpg
http://media.rock-am-ring.com/presse/Kuenstler%202005/Marilyn%20Manson%203.jpg
http://www.fantasymagazine.it/imgbank/IMG/manson_depp33f3f.jpg
http://www.music-atlas.com/images/marilyn_manson_1.jpg

or

http://img37.photobucket.com/albums/v114/Monco/Crispin_Glover_Joker.jpg
http://images.google.com/url?q=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/jmariamellinas/GloverJoker.jpg

again, i am no fan of his but where the shoe fits...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Ng51386 said:
Christoper Reeve in my opinion is the original and can never be dethroned, it's very hard to dethrone the original in anything, especially something as legendary as Superman.

Considering he wasn't the original man to play the part, you make the opposite point. People forget, or they're ignorant. If this guy is accepted as Superman and the film a success, he could eventually replace Reeve as Superman in the minds of the general populace, the younger the moreso; especially something as lengendary as Superman. =)

Re: Joker

ralphrogaine.jpg

Ralph Fiennes is a pretty good choice, I think. He's got the right sort of narrow and angular facial characteristics. Not sure on the personality, since I haven't seen him play anything other than a somber psychopath, but surely he could act a little over the top for the Joker.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Jokers a tough character to play cause he's often portrayed as either completely psycho or very cunning. Nicholson (sp?) did a pretty good job balancing the two...
Ralph Fiennes is someone who I'd imagine would lean more towards the cunning side of Joker, which wouldn't be good enough IMO.

"Griffith No More!" said:
Considering he wasn't the original man to play the part, you make the opposite point. People forget, or they're ignorant. If this guy is accepted as Superman and the film a success, he could eventually replace Reeve as Superman in the minds of the general populace, the younger the moreso; especially something as lengendary as Superman. =)

10031044.jpg

Be successful or be doomed to mediocrity. Believe it or not​

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
CnC said:
Jokers a tough character to play cause he's often portrayed as either completely psycho or very cunning.  Nicholson (sp?) did a pretty good job balancing the two...
Ralph Fiennes is someone who I'd imagine would lean more towards the cunning side of Joker, which wouldn't be good enough IMO.
Not mere cunning, genius!! There was a comic focused on people the Joker had hurt over the years. On guy who testified against him got put in the witness protection program. After a few days with his new name and life, he found a playing card in his mailbox, it was a joker. He gets relocated and such again, a few more days later, another card. This continues till the guy kills himself.

Joker has also been known to figure out intimate details of a person he has no way of knowing about. (no, hes not psychic, just a genius psychopath)

Also, The Joker is quite the chemist. He once figured out that a combination of anti-riot chemicals in a supervillian prison could be used to duplicate his psychosis in the inmates. (Something along the lines of one had an powers inhibitor based on the DNA of all inmates, including joker, combined with the other would cause everyone to turn into a joker)

Griffith

Re: SUPERMAN (Not Batman or Venom or Joker): the movie teaser

getout.jpg

Geez, seriously; anyway, I really liked the trailer (for the SUPERMAN movie, just to be clear).

CnC

Ad Oculos
Psymont 2.0 said:
how bout that green lantern movie with jack black... is it still a rumor or under construction?

Yea, griff, I liked that trailer too. Its going to be hard to compete with the William's soundtrack though. Anyone hear who's doing the new movie's ST?

Griffith

It would probably be composer and editor John Ottman whom Singer brought over from the X-Men production team. Hey... X-Men!!! I can't wait for X3 and the evil woman sex mutant. Brett Ratner is such a genius, he could have brought one of thousands of established characters to the big screen, but he chose to create one of his own insrtead, with sex power! This is good because women and sex are so mystifying it's already like a mutant power!lol I hope X3 is as good as Rush Hour/2, as a matter of fact, Ratner should cast Jacky Chan and Chris Rock in X3! Gambit and Biship, maybe, or just create more new characters like a chinese action star and a funny black guy. When is the new Pink Panther with Steve Martin and Jean Reno coming out?

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
It would probably be composer and editor John Ottman whom Singer brought over from the X-Men production team.

He's decent. X-men's theme was pretty good. Its no superman theme, but lets see what he can do.

Griffith

CnC said:
He's decent.  X-men's theme was pretty good.  Its no superman theme, but lets see what he can do.

Yeah, I'm hoping they balance a new score for whatever new side of Superman Singer plans to bring to the screen with use the original for an appropriately heroic moment. They'll probably at least least allude to it, and they made nice use of it in the trailer, obviously.

Top Bottom