The Hawk of Light

hmmm makes sence the little insect has been buzzing around guts for so long he's probably been planning his downfall from the beggining oh i like the noodle boy referance :p

T

temporary

From a very obvious external perspective it would seem as though the whit hawk signified the rebirth of Griffith, his coming to power, and dmoination/unification of Midland.
However the real truth may be something more sinister, or perhaps completely contrasting...

incognitoX

you fail me
This sorta seems like something out of the Christian bible..the book of revelations..saying there would be a false profit saying he's God incarnate when he really is "the antichrist" or Satan. People would flock to him because he'd perform miracles and cause peace between warring nations.

Sounds kinda like Griffith...being heralded as the hawk of light..yet what Idea intends on doing with Griffith is unknown. He does seem like more of a hawk of darkness though especially with his allegiance to the godhand.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
incognitoX said:
This sorta seems like something out of the Christian bible..the book of revelations..saying there would be a false profit saying he's God incarnate when he really is "the antichrist" or Satan. People would flock to him because he'd perform miracles and cause peace between warring nations.

Sounds kinda like Griffith...being heralded as the hawk of light..yet what Idea intends on doing with Griffith is unknown. He does seem like more of a hawk of darkness though especially with his allegiance to the godhand.

Having been in Catholic school taught me that many a time...I believe the White Hawk is really the Antichrist. If you ever saw the Omen series you will see that the Antichrist was a beautiful kid/handsome man and spread his darkness through the world of politics, as the ambassador.

Yes, Griffith might be heralded as the Hawk of Light, and originally, the Knights of the Holy Chain saw Guts as the Hawk of Darkness but they had no idea what was really going on.

The Church/Vatican always condemns those who actually are the 'good people.'They told assassins to go out and kill Queen Elizabeth the First of England because she threatened the Catholic stronghold on England, not to mention she was an unmarried woman. They told the assassins that if Elizabeth was killed, they would 'be insured passage into heaven.'

Please. The Inquisition and the witchhunts were evil themselves, masked as 'dogooders.'

Griffith= White Hawk who will bring darkness to the world.

LG

so you're implying that the church is somewhat evil by being misguided? Could the church in fact be the ones who help the antichrist/Hawk of light achieve its goal of spreading darkness? Hmm, by the time the church realizes the folly of this, it would be too late, IMO.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Lady Griffith said:
Having been in Catholic school taught me that many a time...I believe the White Hawk is really the Antichrist. If you ever saw the Omen series you will see that the Antichrist was a beautiful kid/handsome man and spread his darkness through the world of politics, as the ambassador.
hey, Antichrist is my position. don't go around giving it to fictional characters... >:D

Actualy, from what I remember Shirke saying way back, it may be a simple Light = good, dark = bad...

S

SoulCrasher

Lady Griffith said:

Yes, Griffith might be heralded as the Hawk of Light, and originally, the Knights of the Holy Chain saw Guts as the Hawk of Darkness but they had no idea what was really going on.

The Church/Vatican always condemns those who actually are the 'good people.'They told assassins to go out and kill Queen Elizabeth the First of England because she threatened the Catholic stronghold on England, not to mention she was an unmarried woman. They told the assassins that if Elizabeth was killed, they would 'be insured passage into heaven.'

Please. The Inquisition and the witchhunts were evil themselves, masked as 'dogooders.'

LG

It's clear that Griffith is the one who leads the blind white sheep and is the master of the sinful black sheep, and he'll bring darkness to the world. I believe that Schierke addressed Griffith as the Hawk of Darkness in volume 22, and she seems to be in the know, but the Kushan call Griffith hawk of light, and the Vatican have a prophecy about the hawk of light in volume 14. If anyone remembers or knows that prophecy could u post it? Also, I saw the Omen series too, and the book series Left Behind also portrays antichrist as a peaceful handsome diplomat, to better fool the masses of course. Being Catholic, I'm glad the current pope had made so many changes and reparations of past mistakes, mistakes represented by the Vatican in Berserk.

incognitoX

you fail me
SoulCrasher said:
Lady Griffith said:

LG

It's clear that Griffith is the one who leads the blind white sheep and is the master of the sinful black sheep, and he'll bring darkness to the world. I believe that Schierke addressed Griffith as the Hawk of Darkness in volume 22, and she seems to be in the know, but the Kushan call Griffith hawk of light, and the Vatican have a prophecy about the hawk of light in volume 14. If anyone remembers or knows that prophecy could u post it? Also, I saw the Omen series too, and the book series Left Behind also portrays antichrist as a peaceful handsome diplomat, to better fool the masses of course. Being Catholic, I'm glad the current pope had made so many changes and reparations of past mistakes, mistakes represented by the Vatican in Berserk.

Ah damn. I have volume 14 but the only chapter I don't have translations for is the chapter where the holy chain knights talk about the prophecy.

Hopefully if Miaura is taking an influence from the book of revelations we'll see Griffith finally getting his.

SexyCharlotte

Yes well it seemed pretty clear to me that when people get desperate for something they are willing to believe in it without questioning...thus they are 'the blind sheep.'

LG

S

SoulCrasher

Lady Griffith said:
Yes well it seemed pretty clear to me that when people get desperate for something they are willing to believe in it without questioning...thus they are 'the blind sheep.'

LG

Of course. Despite all Mule sees in Griffith's camp, he is still overwhelmed by Griffith and chooses to serve him, even though he's asking himself why is he doing this. We'll probably see more of Griffith's side of the story through him and Sonia.

SexyCharlotte

Darok [False Attitudes] said:
oops. Sonia. I blame Lady Griffith. her booty beauty distracted me ;D

Haaa. I should post a pic here of that beauty oops I mean booty...oh what's the difference? LOL . JK!!

LG

G

Genn21

that hawk of light could be femto pulling sheeps clothing over the eyes of the world when he comes around knocking for soldier boys in his new bridgegade of apostles

SexyCharlotte

Genn21 said:
that hawk of light could be femto pulling sheeps clothing over the eyes of the world when he comes around knocking for soldier boys in his new bridgegade of apostles

Femto or Griffith reborn as the Millenium Hawk?

LG

G

Genn21

:D , well femt/griff there all in the same one or the other , he still has to fullfill the godhands mission of causeilty ( and his own dreams ^^ ) that hawk of light is evil evil evil tho , the worlds at farse when seeing such a destructive deadly dream and watching the hawk come through and thinking its going to save them as a ray of hope... when its really just as evil, dark, & wicked as the rest of the dream

incognitoX

you fail me
The only sad thing is that everyone is so desperate for a savior...the people of midland would never question a handsome and charismatic person like Griffith..just look at the way he was before he got mixed up with the Godhand. They'd probably follow Griffith to the gates of hell.

Totally reminds me of the omen movies. I can't wait to see Guts kill him..the thing is will Miura give the peole what they want to see with Guts finally defeating Griffith?

G

Genn21

;) , gutts wont kill him not for a long while , hes like the bad good guy, he had a good dream to help the people of the world by ruleing them but to accomplish this dream he would need to do sickening things first he's like the biggest anti-hero ive ever seen with good intentions beside sepiroth, in short i have to say the kid is tottal badass it would suck hard ot see him go ( not many would disagree either especcialy miurra with his ingenious creation )

SexyCharlotte

incognitoX said:
The only sad thing is that everyone is so desperate for a savior...the people of midland would never question a handsome and charismatic person like Griffith..just look at the way he was before he got mixed up with the Godhand. They'd probably follow Griffith to the gates of hell.

Totally reminds me of the omen movies. I can't wait to see Guts kill him..the thing is will Miura give the peole what they want to see with Guts finally defeating Griffith?

I can't believe someone else here remembers how charming and handsome the Antichrist was in those Omen movies. Oh yeah, those apostles and the people who are following Griffith look at him as a Christlike figure...though he's definitely the one that will 'bring true darkness to the world.'

But the forces who want to defeat him have their own formidable powers as well...and more importantly, GUTS on their side.

I am curious about some of the new apostles in Griffith's New Hawk Army...like LOCUS, the Moonlight knight, and what's the guy who shoots the arrows with the eyes on his bow...he looks blind. Anyways, there's an interesting group of followers.

LG

Lady Griffith said:
I am curious about some of the new apostles in Griffith's New Hawk Army...like LOCUS, the Moonlight knight, and what's the guy who shoots the arrows with the eyes on his bow...he looks blind. Anyways, there's an interesting group of followers.

LG

They are some legendary being in Berserk, i guess they are also Apostles!

Top Bottom