The Hawk of Light

TheBlackSwordsman

I can't fight this dark demon within me any longer
I have two theory's about this... First, i know that Griffith is the evil one... And Guts, wants to defeat griffith so he unknowingly would become the good guy, if he kills griffith, becuase that would defeat the evil one. I mean guts doesn't want world domination he just wants to kick griffith's ass. Now... I think Griffith is the hawk of darkness, and Guts is the hawk of light... but the problem with that is guts seems like a dark character... dark hawk and blackswordsman.. he's just the dark type of character... so maybe, the hawk of darkness is what will save midland, and the hawk of light is really the evil one... So, my guess is guts and griffith are either one of those two titles, hark of darkness, and hawk of light.. the question is which one is supposed to symbolize evil, and which hawk is supposed to symbolize good.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
TheBlackSwordsman said:
I have two theory's about this... First, i know that Griffith is the evil one... And Guts, wants to defeat griffith so he unknowingly would become the good guy, if he kills griffith, becuase that would defeat the evil one. I mean guts doesn't want world domination he just wants to kick griffith's ass. Now... I think Griffith is the hawk of darkness, and Guts is the hawk of light... but the problem with that is guts seems like a dark character... dark hawk and blackswordsman.. he's just the dark type of character... so maybe, the hawk of darkness is what will save midland, and the hawk of light is really the evil one... So, my guess is guts and griffith are either one of those two titles, hark of darkness, and hawk of light.. the question is which one is supposed to symbolize evil, and which hawk is supposed to symbolize good.
\

And just like in the Omen, the Antichrist also had an angelic face...I never let myself be fooled by looks ;D

Grifffith reborn looks like an angel, a savior, but he is the one who will 'bring true darkness to the world'

LG

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
TheBlackSwordsman said:

Who's to say that the words 'light' and 'dark' are meant to deceive? If Griffith were the Hawk of Light, he could also still be evil, because he has that title doesn't necessitate that he is good or will work in the best interests of mankind.
Same thing with Gatts as the Hawk of Darkness. Yes, he looks the character and really doesn't seem to care about the well-being of others, but his main goal in life is to destroy Griffith; thus, saving man-kind.
Things aren't always what they appear to be and I think that would be an interesting way to look at the two Hawks, that they represent the opposite of what they mean. Another point is that light cannot exist without darkness and vice-a-versa. This can happen with two different bodies representing each, but can't one single body also hold both elements?
Even before Griffith turned into Femto, he always had a double side to him. Outside he looks like the most trusting and charismatic person there is, but when you look deeper, he's not.

SexyCharlotte

That's exactly what I was trying to say. To the 'blind sheep', desperate for a savior and living in a world and land of chaos, brutality, and war, they're looking so hard to look up to and find a savior that they're misled and deceived ( and it isn't hard to see why, considering the situation they're in) by someone who is evil, dressed up as good. Just as Farnese was at first blind to seeing Guts as a good guy and someone with good qualities despite his tough appearance, a lot of the people in Midland are thus deceived by Griffith's charisma and his ability to gather people around him. He knows this; he always has. By appearing to be the Hawk of Light, the people who follow him are blinded by that whiteness...seeing it as good. I can't say I blame them; when times get tough people want to find something or someone to look up to even if it means they can't find it within themselves to question that person. It's happened throughout history. Since Griffith is often compared to 'Hitler,' after Germany's defeat in World War I and their subsequent economic depression, Hitler came to power by playing up on people's weaknesses, prejudices, and situations to become dictator. People followed him blindly without realizing how evil he was. So in that sense, I would say in some ways, yes, Griffith as the Hawk of Light is also the False Messiah.

LG

number18

a sci-fi bitch
Lady Griffith, I totally agree with all you've said so far.

To me, and in the crappy-ass things that I write, the bad guys are always dispicably handsome, charming and seemingly-good. They use others to further their goals. It's much easier to be that way than to be an outright evil tyrant enslaving the people. The whole blind sheep thing appears to be solely about the people of Midland looking for a saviour, so desperate they ignore the truth...yada yada yada.

Mmm...Griffith being the false messiah is such a delicious idea.

Yar...evil is so tasty.

Garouken

I'm a llama!
Who's to say Griffith woulnd't be a good king? Once/if he takes his own country(the world perhaps?) he might be a pretty mellow guy.

Who's to say that Gatts isn't the "Hawk of darkness"? If he takes his revenge on Griffith he might kill one of the greatest rulers Midland ever had, just to sate his own hatred? The kingdom would likely crumble without Griffith, and a land without a ruler is a fine site to invaders(Kushan again maybe?)

Just an idea, you never know what Miura is thinking.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Garouken said:
Who's to say Griffith woulnd't be a good king? Once/if he takes his own country(the world perhaps?) he might be a pretty mellow guy.

Who's to say that Gatts isn't the "Hawk of darkness"? If he takes his revenge on Griffith he might kill one of the greatest rulers Midland ever had, just to sate his own hatred? The kingdom would likely crumble without Griffith, and a land without a ruler is a fine site to invaders(Kushan again maybe?)

Just an idea, you never know what Miura is thinking.

I can't decide if I'd love or hate an ending like that... an ending where Griffith gets the Moral upperhand would REALLY disturb me

G

Genn21

Darok expect the unexpected from this series. Griff may be king yet. One thing i would look forward to tho , is a clash between the band of the hawk's and the falcon's for the power that would reighn over midland. Kinda like the battle of armageddon :).

All in all tho i doubt griffith will be king for the end of the series. He may beat Gutt's army and gutt's could survive as a rebel faction like he's doing now against fate. I wouldn't doubt griff to be king of midland and rule for a while. Yet remember Gutt's in all probobility has to succed as the protaginost. Griff failed once already thats because he was to sure of himself and his power. Who know's he wont do it twice.

petezilla

hahaha
I think Griffith will definetly become king before the end of the manga. And I'm also quite convinced that when he become's king he's gonna make it a reign of terror. Gutt's army you can't call 10 men an army. I think he'll need some help from the kushan army to face Griffiths army

Locke11

Oompa Loompas For Sale!!!
Hehe, take a look at this crazy thought.

What if guts is both the light and the dark hawk. He starts as the hawk of light, but along that path he gets closer and closer 2 the beast, eventually becoming it.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Garouken said:

It seems like you forget an important thing that you have to remember in this world: In one way or another, power always corrups, and when Griffith has taken the Midlands as his, what weill he do thne? By that time, he has archived his dream: He has gotten his country, but what is he going to do with it? He sure isn't one who would let himself be ruled by the same rules that binds other kings, like responsibity, for example.

SexyCharlotte

Dark Wanderer said:
It seems like you forget an important thing that you have to remember in this world: In one way or another, power always corrups, and when Griffith has taken the Midlands as his, what weill he do thne? By that time, he has archived his dream: He has gotten his country, but what is he going to do with it? He sure isn't one who would let himself be ruled by the same rules that binds other kings, like responsibity, for example.

He's already corrupt anyways LOL. ( Griffith). He is the Hawk of Light who blinds people with his brightness though inside, his heart is as black as a murderer's soul. Once he becomes king, it's true...he's achieved his goal and gotten his kingdom. But I think...he wants the world as his kingdom, just as the Antichrist does. And to me, this is who Griffith is.

SexyCharlotte

petezilla said:
I think Griffith will definetly become king before the end of the manga. And I'm also quite convinced that when he become's king he's gonna make it a reign of terror. Gutt's army you can't call 10 men an army. I think he'll need some help from the kushan army to face Griffiths army

Guts may have more help from magic rather than people. We shall see.

LG

Dark Wanderer

Lady Griffith said:
He's already corrupt anyways LOL. ( Griffith). He is the Hawk of Light who blinds people with his brightness though inside, his heart is as black as a murderer's soul. Once he becomes king, it's true...he's achieved his goal and gotten his kingdom. But I think...he wants the world as his kingdom, just as the Antichrist does. And to me, this is who Griffith is.

*nods* Probably, but what's going to happen after that? The Apocalypse, or something like that? Apparently something happaened to Gaiserics empire, and he was most likely what Griffith is now back then. Couldn't the same thing happen all over again?

Guts may have more help from magic rather than people. We shall see.

Well, this might be a reason that magic has been so "suddenly" introduced in Berserk. There's limits for what mere people can do, but with magic... who knows? Some speculate that maybe some factions like the Bakiraka might join Gatts & company, through.

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six
Dark Wanderer said:
*nods* Probably, but what's going to happen after that? The Apocalypse, or something like that? Apparently something happaened to Gaiserics empire, and he was most likely what Griffith is now back then. Couldn't the same thing happen all over again?Well, this might be a reason that magic has been so "suddenly" introduced in Berserk. There's limits for what mere people can do, but with magic... who knows? Some speculate that maybe some factions like the Bakiraka might join Gatts & company, through.

I don't agree with Gaiseric being like Griffith anymore after this armor stuff has happened. Skully seems to be in the same place as Gutts is, being made armor, that could turn him into something else, like Skull Knight. I am assuming Gaiseric is Skull Knight, too. Plus that whole spiral thing... things are happening similiar to what is happening with Gaiseric's empire, but things may be different. I don't think the difference is to who the armor is offered to, but I think it appears that Skully wasn't a member of Godhand, neither is Gutts, while Griffith is.

Garouken

I'm a llama!
Dark Wanderer said:
It seems like you forget an important thing that you have to remember in this world: In one way or another, power always corrups

Oh come on, you know Miura isn't one to follow any rules(if you can even call this a rule).

Honestly, I don't see what Griffith will do once he's achieved his dream. He'll have nothing to live for.

SexyCharlotte

Garouken said:
Oh come on, you know Miura isn't one to follow any rules(if you can even call this a rule).

Honestly, I don't see what Griffith will do once he's achieved his dream. He'll have nothing to live for.

One kingdom won't be enough. He'll probably want the world.

LG

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
that is the point. However at the Eclipse Slan said that the coming of the Hawk of darknesss would have ignited a war between opposing principles.And some of the opposition (Flora for exampl ) has already begun to move. It is highly probable that other forces (about whom we know very little )are at play. I see Guts like a wild card in this game.

Dark Wanderer

Boonki said:
I don't agree with Gaiseric being like Griffith anymore after this armor stuff has happened. Skully seems to be in the same place as Gutts is, being made armor, that could turn him into something else, like Skull Knight. I am assuming Gaiseric is Skull Knight, too. Plus that whole spiral thing... things are happening similiar to what is happening with Gaiseric's empire, but things may be different. I don't think the difference is to who the armor is offered to, but I think it appears that Skully wasn't a member of Godhand, neither is Gutts, while Griffith is.

Well, we can of course only speculate about those things ^_^. Perhaps Skully wasn't a God Hand, but just a mighty conqueror who wore a magic armor which he used to wear. and when the God Hand apparently destroyed his kingdom, he tried to use that armor to fight them, without being able to save his empire. After that, he became what he is now... However, that's all just speculation, and the answers will have to be found in the future (if not Miura decides that some things will remain a mystery :p)

Dark Wanderer said:
Perhaps Skully wasn't a God Hand, but just a mighty conqueror who wore a magic armor which he used to wear. and when the God Hand apparently destroyed his kingdom, he tried to use that armor to fight them, without being able to save his empire.

Oh btw, dun forget his magical behelit sword!

True, somehow i believe this might be the armor that Gaiseric or skully was wearing in the older days. Maybe with this armor on, Gutz will became another lengendary warrior like Gaiseric in the next 1000 yrs

Top Bottom