What is the least likely ending to Berserk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
I am trying to be serious with this.  No "Guts pulls out a gun and shoots Griffith in the face." crap.

Well... meh.  Just post whatever you want.  Make it fun :D
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Tristram said:
I am trying to be serious with this.  No "Guts pulls out a gun and shoots Griffith in the face." crap.

Well... meh.  Just post whatever you want.  Make it fun :D
While it is a good thread idea, you might just want to look around this section or speculation nation for other threads that genuinely suggest possible endings. They're all pretty ridiculous, and about 9/10 of them are:

GATTZU KILLS FEMTO IN THE FACE WITH HIS SWORD! DIE FAG!! THEN GATTZU WALKS OFF INTO THE SUNSET STILL HUNGRY TO KILL PEOPLE BECAUSE HE CANT ESCAPE HIS FAAAAATE!!!!!!
 

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Walter said:
While it is a good thread idea, you might just want to look around this section or speculation nation for other threads that genuinely suggest possible endings. They're all pretty ridiculous, and about 9/10 of them are:

GATTZU KILLS FEMTO IN THE FACE WITH HIS SWORD! DIE FAG!!  THEN GATTZU WALKS OFF INTO THE SUNSET STILL HUNGRY TO KILL PEOPLE BECAUSE HE CANT ESCAPE HIS FAAAAATE!!!!!!
Isn't Guts supposed to be outside the reach of fate?
 

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Least Likely? How about 'Mary Sue Authorial Self-Insert conquers the subconscious of Man, saves Universe'? or 'Skull Knight backstabs Guts, was the true villain all along'? There's always 'Chestnut Apostle'...
;)

As to what I would trully HATE to see happen: Guts+Schierke in some Lolicon relation just before Guts loses all sense of himself to the armor, Casca goes mad again, Isidro leaves to train with Serpico at the Vandimion Manor as a pageboy to Farnese&Roderick's brat. >:( urrrrhh..
 

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Herald of Yama said:
Least Likely? How about 'Mary Sue Authorial Self-Insert conquers the subconscious of Man, saves Universe'? or 'Skull Knight backstabs Guts, was the true villain all along'? There's always 'Chestnut Apostle'...
;)
How about 'Puck(as the Chestnut Apostle) backstabs Guts, was the true villain all along.''

Or 'Guts eats a Beherit for invincibility, and then jumps on Griffith's head to kill him.'
 

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
Guts finally defeats Griffith after a long, hard fought battle, but then awakens and the reader sees that Guts is actually a 13 year-old fat kid that was having a long, fucked-up dream.
 

BiQ_

" ... "
Triggormortis said:
Guts finally defeats Griffith after a long, hard fought battle, but then awakens and the reader sees that Guts is actually a 13 year-old fat kid that was having a long, fucked-up dream.
...wouldn't it be even better if he woke up before the fight between Guts and Griffith was resolved? Of course, Caska would be left in Elfhelm and we knew she was healed but we never got around to see her with full deck of cards again. ;D
 
Maiku said:
Guts lives
hehe in all honesty i think that the least likely ending is any 'good' ending. the style of the comic has been getting so bleak ever since the massacre of the band of the hawk that having a bittersweet ending is really the best i can imagine. it would be incredibly jarring to have *any* form of a good ending ... to me anyways ;)
 

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Erinu said:
hehe in all honesty i think that the least likely ending is any 'good' ending. the style of the comic has been getting so bleak ever since the massacre of the band of the hawk that having a bittersweet ending is really the best i can imagine. it would be incredibly jarring to have *any* form of a good ending ... to me anyways  ;)
Even in a "Good" ending, Guts will die. It's not written in stone, but because of how the story is and how Guts is, he has to die in the end. Have any of you read Sin City (or heck seen the movie that just came out?)

In the Story Arc "That Yellow Bastard" Hartigan kills himself in the end to ensure the safety of a girl he fell in love with, because even though he won the battle (a huge battle) the man in power would still have won the war if Hartigan were still alive to defeat.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Tristram said:
In the Story Arc "That Yellow Bastard" Hartigan kills himself in the end to ensure the safety of a girl he fell in love with, because even though he won the battle (a huge battle) the man in power would still have won the war if Hartigan were still alive to defeat.
Flawless evidence of how Sin City's politics relate to Berserk's inner workings!

It will be a good ending. It won't be "negative". Miura has said this.
 
O good I don't have to see the movie now >:(


Tristram said:
Even in a "Good" ending, Guts will die.  It's not written in stone, but because of how the story is and how Guts is, he has to die in the end.  Have any of you read Sin City (or heck seen the movie that just came out?)

In the Story Arc "That Yellow Bastard" Hartigan kills himself in the end to ensure the safety of a girl he fell in love with, because even though he won the battle (a huge battle) the man in power would still have won the war if Hartigan were still alive to defeat.
 

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Maiku said:
O good I don't have to see the movie now >:(
No, still see it.  I'd read the comics and knew what was gonna happen, and the movie was still awesome.

Walter said:
Flawless evidence of how Sin City's politics relate to Berserk's inner workings!

It will be a good ending. It won't be "negative". Miura has said this.
Miura said that? Well in that case...

but then again, would Guts dying in the end have to be 100% sad? It could be a happy ending, just compromised...

I dont expect a big ecstasy enriched techno-rave to punctuate the end of berserk...

Ha. Now THAT is unlikely.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Tristram said:
No, still see it.  I'd read the comics and knew what was gonna happen, and the movie was still awesome.
I think the point was: "stop spoiling movies to other people".

Tristram said:
Even in a "Good" ending, Guts will die. It's not written in stone, but because of how the story is and how Guts is, he has to die in the end.
Aazealh said:
Please don't think too highly of your opinion of what is and what is not Berserk.
As for the least likely ending, it's obviously "Guts hammering his way through the layers of the world, after having mangled the God Hand, to finally come before the Idea of Evil and stab it with the Dragon Slayer."

       
 
I wouldnt want the ending that Griffith begin to beg down and cry for mercy in front of Guts, then backstab Guts only to find himself stab by the DS, after that Idea came crashing from the ground, but Guts beast form gobble up Idea and become a true god...



Oh gosh... I swear i will never read any comic again if that happen
 

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Smith said:
I wouldnt want the ending that Griffith begin to beg down and cry for mercy in front of Guts, then backstab Guts only to find himself stab by the DS, after that Idea came crashing from the ground, but Guts beast form gobble up Idea and become a true god...



Oh gosh... I swear i will never read any comic again if that happen
With all these ideas relating to Idea, I came up with a new ending!

Idea is destroyed by a over-abundance of cholesterol in the human psyche and has a... well... an attack!
 
Aazealh said:
As for the least likely ending, it's obviously "Guts hammering his way through the layers of the world, after having mangled the God Hand, to finally come before the Idea of Evil and stab it with the Dragon Slayer."
Agreed, it's such a lame theory but continues to be speculated on and probably will in the future.
 

ShinHell9

Who wants to eat my meat?
Uriel said:
Guts discovering that everything was overseen by "The Patriots" :)
we have a winner

my contribution to this thread:
Gutsu accidently kills caska in a fight againt an apostle, he says "I'm not longer going to fight", he puts the DS down, and whips out a guitar. Then out of nowhere the Idea of evil pops up and Guts begins to sing a Japanese ripoff of a John Lenon song the idea dies from the power of music, and the music turns griffith back to a good guy. Griffith goes up to Guts and says "You've done it agian", Guts says "What can I say?" they both laugh, then serpico drives up in a car with Farnese and Griff and Guts say "Serpy!", Serpico signals them to get into the car, and they drive off.
 
first there will be a 2nd and 3rd season, it will end with the anime before the manga, Guts find out that Skull Knight is really Voids brother. then caska gets better and reunites SK and void then they destroy Idea and hell while chasing all of the rest of the god hand members. and for the background music will be iron maidens "run to the hills". then guts will forgive Griffith. the end.
(i wouldn't be surprised if SK and Void are in fact brothers or father & son)
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DarthVenom said:
(i wouldn't be surprised if SK and Void are in fact brothers or father & son)
Why not a Griffith / Guts relationship? It doesnt have to be Star Wars to be dramatic you know...
 
In the end, Guts is hired to star for a TV commercial and some fans get so pissed about this that enter a manga shop in Japan and hack and smash with true swords at the furniture of the shop.
A customer grabs an exposed katana, used for decoration over there and attacks those mad people. Blood is spilled. He gets himself and one of the insane party killed.
This event becomes such a negative psychologic influence for a guy of Miura's studio that ends up in a psychiatric clinic.
Eventually, Miura's studio is dissolved
Four years pass and Miura starts drawing Berserk again
But this time Berserk's feel is very different
Who can speculate on this one's ending now?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom