What's up! ^__^

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
Hey guys long time no see! I've been so busy for these past 2 months that I haven't even really had time to check any boards or even email o_O;

I just got back from katsucon last weekend, and the only thing I can tell you about Berserk is that they totally F*cked up the beginning with the Kanji and replaced it with GOD AWFUL english text overlays.

I also entered a music video for Kenshin Seisouhen but they didn't play it... they randomly picked tapes and played the worst videos ever ;_;

Here's the one I made in case anyone wanted to see it:

http://arcticnightfall.com/index.php?section=movies&sub=anprod

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and hope you've all been good while I was lost ^_-;

edit: don't know if everyone was reading the whole message ^_-;

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Hey guys long time no see! I've been so busy for these past 2 months that I haven't even really had time to check any boards or even email o_O;

I just got back from katsucon last weekend, and the only thing I can tell you about Berserk is that they totally F*cked up the beginning with the Kanji and replaced it with GOD AWFUL english text overlays.

I also entered a music video for Kenshin Seisouhen but they didn't play it... they randomly picked tapes and played the worst videos ever ;_;

Here's the one I made in case anyone wanted to see it: http://arcticnightfall.com/index.php?section=movies&sub=anprod

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and hope you've all been good while I was lost ^_-;

I was there to!! I ws working behind the Image anime table. I didn't have that much time to look around the con cause of work and all but yeah I've seen the Berserk freebie DVD they gave out.

as for the changes.... typical :'(

All in all be happy it's going to be released.

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
God damnit!! >:( This ie exactly the kind of shit I was talking about.

As a fan, all we ask for is subtitles. Don't tamper with the damn show!!!!

Chinmi

Atleast Berserk is finally coming to North America. I guess we should be greatul for that. If there is going to be any dubbing, they better do a decent job.

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
God damnit!!  >:( This  ie exactly the kind of shit I was talking about.  

As a fan, all we ask for is subtitles.  Don't tamper with the damn show!!!!

Why are you getting so mad about dubbing?  I know it's not doing justice to originals, but think about an Italian that wants to watch a chinese movie for entertainment.  He's not going to spend an extra 10 years to friggin learn the whole chinese culture before he watches a show.  Plus, it's not like the subs are taking over the market; they just provide an extra choice for the masses.  If people really care about the original messages coming across, they'll watch the original!  People like me that doesn't know Japanese really survive through some of those horrible funny funny subs okay?  If you don't like it, just turn your face around!

Chinmi

What I really piss off is the cutting to the orignal animation ie." totally Fucked up the beginning."  Am I the only one in this board who thinks thats bullshit?

If there is dubbing. Fine.   But they should also provide an option to read subtitles. Thats all I'm saying.

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
I wouldn't have said it like that if I wasn't mad about it ^_-;

But I do have the original Japanese Box set so I'm not that upset... I can always just watch that instead of the butchered US version.

Kenoh-Sama

Why are you getting so mad about dubbing?  I know it's not doing justice to originals, but think about an Italian that wants to watch a chinese movie for entertainment.  He's not going to spend an extra 10 years to friggin learn the whole chinese culture before he watches a show.  Plus, it's not like the subs are taking over the market; they just provide an extra choice for the masses.  If people really care about the original messages coming across, they'll watch the original!  People like me that doesn't know Japanese really survive through some of those horrible funny funny subs okay?  If you don't like it, just turn your face around!

First off, Nice Icon :D

Second dubbing for me isn't really an issue. Infact I get a perverse kick out of bad dubs (Angel Sanctuary and Weis Kreuz comes to mind). Dubbing is no big deal. Just don't select it on the DVD menu. I agree, if you don't like the dub don't watch it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
First off, Nice Icon  :D

Second dubbing for me isn't really an issue. Infact I get a perverse kick out of bad dubs (Angel Sanctuary and Weis Kreuz comes to mind). Dubbing is no big deal. Just don't select it on the DVD menu. I agree, if you don't like the dub don't watch it.
Wholeheartedly agreed. Im actually looking forward to the dub, just so I can laugh my ass off at it. Of cource, when Im in a serious mood, Ill hit the audio button and switch it to Japanese vocal track and hit on the subs...

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
First off, Nice Icon  :D

If bad dubs float your boat then take shot at bubblegum crisis' english track. Sometimes late at night I still get the nightmares ;D

Kenoh-Sama

If bad dubs float your boat then take shot at bubblegum crisis' english track. Sometimes late at night I still get the nightmares  ;D

Tenchi has a really shitty dub. Not that I give a good-godamn about tenchi but yeah it's bad. But Angel Sanctuary is quite the laugh track. Considering how serious and how great the story is it makes the whole dub seem shitty. Weiss Kreuz is bad. For me it's nostalgic as it was one of the first things I saw many moons ago. So-so series but it has style. But the dub is horrid. So horrid it's funny. The only Dub I might take offense to is Jin roh. I hold Jin-roh in the highest regard. It's one of the best flicks I've ever seen, live action or animated. If Bandai drops the ball on the Jin-Roh dub then you'll hear on the news of how Bandai America got their headquarters bombed!! >:( >:(

Top Bottom