Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Zepec

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Morgan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kaminari

This pic scrolls no lower, because God hates you
Wow.. Kaminari.. that's some awesome writing there. You've almost got me converted into a fangirl myself. Mwaha.. ahem. o_O

Judeau does all the work. I'm just meant to fan the flames of recognition & appreciation, so that they don't burn out ;)
Lashes.gif
But yeah.. the thing I loved most about Judeau was how he sacrificed for Caska and Guts. Shows how true and sincere his love was for the both of them. And that just made the way he died so much more painful to watch. That one moment where he shielded Caska with his body, coughing out blood as the demons kept thrashing on his back.. just imagine staring into his eyes right then..

The fact that he still managed to summon the remainder of his strength to pass off a smile, so that she wouldn't be as upset & he wouldn't see tears in her eyes as his last sight, is a total testament to what a considerate guy he was *sobs*...& ultimately, the ultimate sacrifice for the sake of another, was a fitting last scene for him.
FatedSmile.gif

...Still! It sucks that it had to happen at all! *Weeps*

SomeKindOfBlue

How, Caska? How could you not pounce this man?
Grow a thicker skin, Walter. This isn't half as bad as Lady Griffith was when she first came here.

And this is... *checks* ...yup, this is still the 'who is the sexiest guy?' -thread, so people will come here and elaborate on who is the sexiest guy, and why. What else did you expect to find on this thread?

[edit] Also... *cough, cough* *points to 'Use your heart, not brain' at the top...*

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
SomeKindOfBlue said:
Grow a thicker skin, Walter. This isn't half as bad as Lady Griffith was when she first came here.

And this is... *checks* ...yup, this is still the 'who is the sexiest guy?' -thread, so people will come here and elaborate on who is the sexiest guy, and why. What else did you expect to find on this thread?

I think he just wasn't expecting *essay* length posts on why Judeau's so sexy. ::)

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
SomeKindOfBlue said:
This isn't half as bad as Lady Griffith was when she first came here.

The difference is that LG didn't romanticize Griffith as much. She was actually rather blunt and to the point about it. Guys usually don't mind that. ;)

Not that I dislike Kaminari's posts about Judeau, I think it's hilarious. It's just the idealizing and romanticizing that makes the average guy feel sick to their stomachs. :-X

SomeKindOfBlue

How, Caska? How could you not pounce this man?
Yeah, okay, I understand.

Just one more thing, then, if I may?

If Berserk was a bigger fandom (and, god willing, with the release of the manga in english and DVD 6 out, it will grow) there would be many more fangirls in it. And they might still come. And SK.net is one of the major places for Berserk fans to gather, so...

...there might be a lot more girls (and boys?) that will post things like this in coming. Will there be a place here for them?

(Serpico is bound to attract at least the occational romantic-inclined fangirl, and Griff will sure as hell get his share... just sayin' it, ya know? Don't mean any harm.)

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
SomeKindOfBlue said:
...there might be a lot more girls (and boys?) that will post things like this in coming. Will there be a place here for them?

I'd say keep 'em coming. ;D Especially if they can write as well as Kaminari. But they can also expect the occasional more cynical or realistic response to bring them down to earth if their imagination is transcending the boundaries of what some people consider as tolerable. No harm done, right? We just give those people a regular dosage of verbal anti-psychotics, that's all. ;)

Kaminari

lol, I don't give a rats ass. You all asked for it w/this thread! :p Yes, it was an essay type thing, although, when I wrote it, that wasn't the intent. I'm sorry that it was seen as some "overly romanticizing" piece, but that was my personal perspective. Writing is a love of mine that I've been dabbling in for years. I'm a passionate person that engages in things thoroughly/to the fullest extent. I'm also a total romantic at heart & just as much of one when it comes to storylines & characters I take interest in. So yes, I'm a Berserk fan, that happens to also be a Judeau fangirl. Sue me...

Regardless, it was an outpouring of emotion that happened to embody an underlying concept of why so many of us fangirls obsess over the guy...It had total relevance to what some women like in men & if anything, I'd think you guys would be happy to have such an insight, blah.

...& Yes, I expected this kind of response, although I'd genuinely hoped otherwise. One can only see so many "he/she has a nice ass", posts in these topics, before wondering if that's all people look at anymore. For a handful of us, it's not. I answered the question as I saw fit. Next time, just ask for a one line, sticky, loin bred answer & we'll see what happens ;)

Berserk is a fictional story. The characters are fictional. Therein, any of us that find any of them, attractive, are making a statement based on what? In most cases, reasons that would normally be considered 'non-fiction', seeing as to how they'd be applied to 'real/3D' folks. So I don't see what's any different really, other than I actually gave the reasoning for my answer, but shit happens right, lol. If we're not here to indulge in this fictional world & it's characters, via discussion, what the hell -are- we here for? I'm 'down to earth' 98% of my day, so when I get home & get online, I like to allow my head some play time in the clouds.

I figured the guys would gag (did noone read the very first line of the post?! I warned you) but well, (stepping on the respective egos of men, is always fun :-* )considering all those Skull Knight & Donovan posts, I really didn't think it would cause such an uproar (nor did I care especially, haha). Always had a knack for controversy, just didn't think it would come from what is one of my 'G' rated, posts, lol. So for future reference, I in no way, expect people to feel obligated to read my posts. This is just me, if that at all bothers you, or steps on your toes as the aforementioned post seems to, then the solution is simple...If it has my name, skip it (or I could just cut off feet...that helps too). I won't care, promise ;D

Xans-Griffith

Everything changes.
Whoot! You go, Kaminari! *gives thumbs up* :)

It's good to see your kind of writing on these boards. Especially good when it stirs up some controversy.

The fact that he still managed to summon the remainder of his strength to pass off a smile, so that she wouldn't be as upset & he wouldn't see tears in her eyes as his last sight, is a total testament to what a considerate guy he was *sobs*...& ultimately, the ultimate sacrifice for the sake of another, was a fitting last scene for him.

I have to say, guys like that would most probably never exist in real life, sad as that may be.. but that's the great thing about fictions like Berserk; they allow us to idealize and romanticize the perfections we wish to see in this world, be it the strength and will of a man like Gats or the considerate smile of a man dying for his love.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Xans-Griffith said:
I have to say, guys like that would most probably never exist in real life, sad as that may be..

Oh yes, in the history of mankind and Harry Potter fan fiction, no one has existed that was more righteous than the great Judeau. Forget all those fallen war heroes and saints and good samaritans, they never took a whippin' from the tentacle monster, now did they?

Lashes.gif

The Greatest Human Being in the History of the Universe.​

FatedSmile.gif

"Don't cry for me, skullknight.net..."​

So, you see, the real sad thing here is; that instead of celebrating those truly wonderful (and real) people, you dishonor them while singing the praises of a fictional character. Good work!

Smile.gif

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die.​

-Griffith

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Wow Griffith that was so funny I almost pissed my pants. I can't wait to see their response.

Xans-Griffith

Everything changes.
Oh yes, in the history of mankind and Harry Potter fan fiction, no one has existed that was more righteous than the great Judeau. Forget all those fallen war heroes and saints and good samaritans, they never took a whippin' from the tentacle monster, now did they?

You're absolutely right. Real life saints and war heroes would never take whippin's from tentacle monsters. But then again, they'd never exist in a fantasy setting like Berserk, either. Characters like Judeau exist in these fantasy settings in order to celebrate these qualities. I believe that was Miura's intent in the first place; to take those worthy qualities from our real world and portray them on a grander scale in his fictional world. Sure some of us may take it a little too far in showering praise upon a made-up character, but I believe in praising that character, we are praising those qualities that make up the character, and in effect we are praising the humanity from which those qualities are inspired.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Xans-Griffith said:
On a completely different note, happy birthday. :)

You might find it interesting we were born a few hours apart.

Indeed, I noticed a while back how much our profiles parallel one other. Another interesting coincidence.

-Griffith

P.S. I'm older, har har. ;D

G

Genn21

Man griffith was desighned by Miura overlord of berserk to look like THE sexiest guy. But determining attraction is a physical perspective. and griffith just isn't hanging to high in my eye's as a loyal guy. You know after hes playing slam the salami with the Gennon & hekinda want gut's in a mechlomania way. He seems like hes to controlling and over sexualally active!!! Now a true sexy guy , Would be Zepec he rocks , he tottaly pays attention to your emotions. You know he does this because if he doesent like how you feel he will belt the shit out of you and let his friends molest your daughter ( i hope its not a boy :D ). Zepec is the sexiest most emotional loyal guy.

Jesus his helmuts awsome !
jilldad.jpg

puella

Berserk forever
Ok, I edited the poll by putting Zepec and taking out poor Isidro who hasn't got any vote so far.
Do vote for the sexy guy

Kaminari

I have to say, guys like that would most probably never exist in real life, sad as that may be.. but that's the great thing about fictions like Berserk; they allow us to idealize and romanticize the perfections we wish to see in this world, be it the strength and will of a man like Gats or the considerate smile of a man dying for his love.

Well, I'm realistic, but I'm also an optimist, so yeah, I feel the same, but ultimately, I do believe that there are people out there that share similar qualities...They're just not in excess.

So, you see, the real sad thing here is; that instead of celebrating those truly wonderful (and real) people, you dishonor them while singing the praises of a fictional character. Good work!

Jesus, do you people ALWAYS take things SO literally/seriously? I hardly see that in pointing out positive qualities in a fictional character (as per, the general topic of discussion is revolving around, fictional characters), is in anyway demeaning to real life heros, unless it's directly stated otherwise....ie..."Too bad there's never once been & never ever, in the history of mankind, will be, anyone on this level". C'mon now, that's just reading a bit too deeply into something that's not been said :)

Characters like Judeau exist in these fantasy settings in order to celebrate these qualities. I believe that was Miura's intent in the first place; to take those worthy qualities from our real world and portray them on a grander scale in his fictional world. Sure some of us may take it a little too far in showering praise upon a made-up character, but I believe in praising that character, we are praising those qualities that make up the character, and in effect we are praising the humanity from which those qualities are inspired.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Took the words right out of my mouth!! That's precisely as I see it. So for those of you that -still- don't get the gist of anything I've said, well...there it is. Celebration of those aforementioned qualities in general...To me, morality, ethical values, etc, are noble & chivalrous...THAT is sexy & hence, why Judeau (& since people still can't seem to read between the lines....)& anyone w/similar qualities, would be considered sexy, in my eyes. There, the end...

puella

Berserk forever
anyway the result seems so interesting to me.
Morgan got two votes. woohoo~ 8)

Poll must go on

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
I just added a vote for Guts. He's so damn sexy that even though I consider myself heterosexual, it makes me want to fuck him up the ass. :D

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Mizar said:
I just added a vote for Guts. He's so damn sexy that even though I consider myself heterosexual, it makes me want to fuck him up the ass. :D

Donovan beat you to it, as well as Zodd if you look at the doujinshi.

Top Bottom