Berserk > Anime Asylum

Berserk 2017 Blu-Ray

(1/5) > >>

NCHaskew:
So on my tax return, I'm gonna buy the two Japanese box sets of Berserk 2017 (because I'm a whore, and Berserk is my pimp), but I was curious--does anyone know if they touched up the anime like they did for the 2016 Blu-Ray? If not, I'll be happy to post any changes I notice--because 2017 had alooot more moments where the animation just FELT incomplete.

NCHaskew:
Not that anyone's shown any interests, but I just finished my watch through of Berserk 2017 on my imported Blu-Rays. Here's some notes for anyone interested.

-Just like the two box sets for 2016, each one comes with beautiful posters by Miura (the main reason to buy these things, to be honest)
-Unlike the 2016 box sets, these ones don't com with any real extras. Box set 1 had the script and storyboard for episode 3 (you know, because THAT's the episode everyone loved--supreme sarcasm). Box set 2 had concept art and storyboards of various scenes in Berserk 2016. But 2017? Nothing but the posters and Blu-Ray. Kinda sad, but oh well.
-Uncensored footage throughout--getting rid of all those shadows, adding in those oh-so-important anime nipples.
-Fixing the egregious, meme-worthy "Guts.png" walk shot where they just shakily moved his picture off-screen. He now clearly has a walking animation.
-Changed the Apostle transformations--instead of the monster model just sort of fading in over the human model, there's now this cool shroud of purple smoke (yes purple--I don't know why it isn't just white or grey for steam) and you can see a silhouetted change into Apostle form. It's not mind-blowing, but it's a definite improvement.

That's about all I noticed about. I hadn't watched Berserk 2017 since it aired, so they may have added an extra 2D shot or two that I missed. Was it worth almost $300? No. But..... Well, now I have those posters.

Aazealh:

--- Quote from: NCHaskew on February 12, 2018, 05:25:26 AM ---Box set 1 had the script and storyboard for episode 3 (you know, because THAT's the episode everyone loved-preme sarcasm).
--- End quote ---

This episode's script was produced by Miura, which is why they included it as a bonus.

Walter:

--- Quote from: NCHaskew on February 12, 2018, 05:25:26 AM ---Not that anyone's shown any interests, but I just finished my watch through of Berserk 2017 on my imported Blu-Rays. Here's some notes for anyone interested.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the list. Glad they fixed a few of the hilariously bad animations, but I'm not sure that series is salvageable. It's just a big fucking mess.

ApostleBob:
Thanks for the update. I was wondering if they were actually going to fix some of those awful animations. I'm glad that they are.

Did they fix any of the animations with the Berserker armor in the Grunbeld fight by chance? Does the cannon still just clip through his hand when he breaks up the shield?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version