Berserk > Speculation Nation

Will Casca return to Griffith?

(1/4) > >>

Foreverjung:
I was just wonderring about what Skullnight  once said to Guts, about what wanted may not be what Casca wants. So what do you guy's think. Will she return to Griffith's side once her memory is restored? Will the fact that Griffith's body is her son's sway her mind? Discuss!

Walter:

--- Quote from: Foreverjung on February 13, 2018, 05:25:34 PM ---I was just wonderring about what Skullnight  once said to Guts, about what wanted may not be what Casca wants. So what do you guy's think. Will she return to Griffith's side once her memory is restored? Will the fact that Griffith's body is her son's sway her mind? Discuss!

--- End quote ---

Femto raped Casca and turned her son into an inhuman. What mental gymnastics are you pulling in your head for her to want to "return to Griffith?"

When Skull Knight mentions the dilemma (what you want may not be what she wants), it was brought up within the context of restoring her mind, which could imply that she does not want to be restored.

Joe Chip:

--- Quote from: Walter on February 13, 2018, 05:38:29 PM ---The dilemma that Skull Knight proposes is within the context of restoring her mind, implying that she may not want to be restored.

--- End quote ---
Could it also mean that she may not want the revenge that Guts wants. I honestly always perceived it like that.

Walter:

--- Quote from: Joe Chip on February 13, 2018, 05:48:00 PM ---Could it also mean that she may not want the revenge that Guts wants. I honestly always perceived it like that.

--- End quote ---

Well, I wasn't stating it in absolute terms, just noting that the line had context, which could inform us about SK's cryptic prophecy.

DERA:
It probably won't be the case, but ever since I read the chapter where Skull Knight uttered those words, I've wondered whether there might be a twist to this. What if it's Guts that ends up having doubts? He's been stricken with guilt for abandoning Casca and has tried his hardest to make things right. If Casca returns to normal, leaving all the crap behind and starting a new life with her at his side might start to sound tempting. Conversely, we don't know how fresh the Eclipse is in Casca's mind. Does she remember the time that's passed, or will it be like waking a day after? She might feel even more hatred that Guts for what happened.

As I said, it probably won't be the case, but I always thought this might be an interesting idea to explore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version