The Dark Knight Rises

That's pretty funny. I was wondering why they haven't really been marketing or pushing the movie as yet or as much as the upcoming Prometheus or The Avengers. Maybe they'll push after The Avengers releases.

TDKR received a PG-13 Rating officially

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-rating-PG-13-600x328.jpg

Cool looking Bat-bus in Japan

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bus-poster-billboard-Hong-Kong-slice.jpg

H

hellrasinbrasin

Here are a couple pics from the summer Preview issue of EW that should be out now.

tdkr-1.png

tdkr-2.png

tdkr-3.png

tdkr-5.png

As stupid as it sounds, I kind of like Bane's costume in that picture. My first impression of it was a mix of a guerilla (like the VC or FARC or something) and those two guys in the North Hollywood shootout (the bulky clothes that look like he could be wearing bulletproof armor underneath).

I agree with you guys about Catwoman's costume though... Yikes.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Good Reverend Skeleton said:
As stupid as it sounds, I kind of like Bane's costume in that picture. My first impression of it was a mix of a guerilla (like the VC or FARC or something) and those two guys in the North Hollywood shootout (the bulky clothes that look like he could be wearing bulletproof armor underneath).

Really? Don't like it much myself. Even aside from the fact it doesn't stand out much (like you said, looks like generic army surplus stuff), I don't like the design. And Bane still doesn't look buff enough to me.

H

hellrasinbrasin

IMAX Strikes Back

When Mr. Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises" opens July 20, it will contain the most IMAX footage ever for a Hollywood feature, more than one hour's worth. There were 40 minutes of such footage in 2008's "The Dark Knight" which set box-office records in its opening weekend. IMAX's summer slate also includes potential blockbusters "The Avengers," "The Amazing Spider-Man," "Men in Black 3," Tim Burton's gothic comedy "Dark Shadows," and Ridley Scott's 3-D "Prometheus." Mr. Nolan's film was the only one shot using IMAX cameras; the others were converted using IMAX's technology.

IMAX hasn't yet committed to films for August and September, because it wants to give "The Dark Knight Rises" more time to run. That film, will be screened at 100 of IMAX's largest locations in traditional film format, requiring exhibitors to reconvert from digital to film at their own expense.

Source: http://online.wsj.com/article/
SB10001424052702304299304577347940832511540.html

----

3rd Dark Knight Rises Trailer attached to May 4th Screening of The Avengers.

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1683640/dark-knight-rises-trailer-avengers.jhtml

---

original.jpg

---

Frame by Frame of the Final Trailer

http://tdkr07202012.com/

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
3rd Trailer up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk&feature=youtu.be

Well... At least now people won't say anything about Bane's voice.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Nomad said:

I will. It sounded like ADR shit. Totally floated above the mix of everything else and stood out like a sore thumb. He sounded way better in the same scene of the last trailer, perfectly menacing and weird. I rather it sound garbled than totally unnatural. Audio equivalent of being able to see the strings. Thanks again, fans. Looking forward to fan-fueled ME3 abomination this summer too.

Also, yet they keep the Bat-voice sounding as stupid as ever delievering what would be one-liners if they were funny enough to count as jokes? *shrug*

And...

fin :griffnotevil:

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Griffith said:
I will. It sounded like ADR shit. Totally floated above the mix of everything else and stood out like a sore thumb. He sounded way better in the same scene of the last trailer, perfectly menacing and weird. I rather it sound garbled than totally unnatural. Audio equivalent of being able to see the strings. Thanks again, fans. Looking forward to fan-fueled ME3 abomination this summer too.

Also, yet they keep the Bat-voice sounding as stupid as ever delievering what would be one-liners if they were funny enough to count as jokes? *shrug*

And...

fin :griffnotevil:
I hope you realize that my comment was filled with sarcasm :slan:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
I will. It sounded like ADR shit. Totally floated above the mix of everything else and stood out like a sore thumb.
Agreed. It was very jarring. Like his voice was dubbed over, unlike everyone else's.

http://tts.imtranslator.net/KmyG

H

hellrasinbrasin

That's because the same folks did to Bane what fans did to Mass Effect 3. But enough about that I liked the trailer I liked that it gave you a sense that this is the end of the road.

Griffith

Nomad said:
I hope you realize that my comment was filled with sarcasm :slan:

I realized it was a golden setup for a rant, for which I thank you. :carcus:

Walter said:
Agreed. It was very jarring. Like his voice was dubbed over, unlike everyone else's.

Yeah, and he sounded normal in the airplane scene, so I honestly hope it was a joke. In any case, not looking forward to this brave new media world if the past few months are any indication. If people thought there was a bunch of untalented hacks writing and producing media before, now we basically have things being produced by committee of the lowest common denominator. This Bane fiasco is the film equivalent of auto-tuning.

hellrasinbrasin said:
That's because people did to Bane what raging fans did to Mass Effect 3. But enough about that I liked the trailer I like that it gives you a definitive this is it statement. But beyond that I am totally okay with the idea of the next Batman not being Bruce Wayne.

Yeah, it's just too bad he's going to be Ryan Reynolds. Also, he'll still be called Bruce Wayne.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Griffith said:
Yeah, it's just too bad he's going to be Ryan Reynolds. Also, he'll still be called Bruce Wayne.

I hope you were being funny Griffith. Ryan Reynolds should only be allowed to star in comedies. We've seen the damage he caused in Green Lantern and X-Men Origins Wolverine. I personally would like the Batman films to steer clear of turning into joel schumacher's Batman for as long as possible. On the other hand I would very much like for them to shelve the Batman Film Series until they get another strong Writer/Director
team like this Trilogy had.

:ubik:

Griffith

Sorry man, like I said, I hope it's just talk:

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9812.msg210049#msg210049

H

hellrasinbrasin

I know but that news is enough to paralyse batman fans in a way that Joel schumacher never did. It would be better to create a 2nd Batman Trilogy around someone else after whatever happens to Wayne at the close of Rises.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Nomad said:
3rd Trailer up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk&feature=youtu.be

Now his voice is TOO clear :troll:

Meh, some of it I really like and some of it not so much. The football scene and at the end with the whole "It's not a car" looked too cheesy.

Top Bottom