The Dark Knight Rises

Griffith said:
I don't think it's the mix of his voice, but that Hardy's merely speaking differently here. Remember, early on it was reported that his speech from the football set was supposed carried an eerie warble.

Which should lead to the sound guys doing something about it, imo. Maybe it'll make sense when we see it in the exact context. Probably not.

H

hellrasinbrasin

After looking at the trailers again and the 2 Tv spots it looks like Nolan has taken a cue from a
Charles Dickens
novel and infused into his last Batman film.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of
despair…
"

I think it's been known for a quite awhile that Nolan drew inspiration from it.

Edit:
TDKR-bane-vs-batman-1600-610x279.jpg

TDKR-batman-cape-1600-610x278.jpg

Top looks ok. The bottom looks like ass.

Proj2501 said:
I think it's been known for a quite awhile that Nolan drew inspiration from it.

Edit:
TDKR-bane-vs-batman-1600-610x279.jpg

TDKR-batman-cape-1600-610x278.jpg

Top looks ok. The bottom looks like ass.

I like the bottom, and not the top personally.

But to be honest, this ad campaign sucks balls. None of it is compelling. Every time I see Bane it adds a new layer of NOT awesome. Look at the originality of the DK posters. They work really well. These DKR posters are some how jarring and awkward. The lightning is weird. I guess seeing Batman in broad day light is weird all together. Bane just isn't doing it for me. I have a bad feeling that he's going to take away from the film in a big way. I'll hold out hope that Nolan can make it all work. But these posters that are suppose to be selling me on this movie are simply bombing.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
I like the bottom, and not the top personally.

I dislike both. :badbone:

Death May Die said:
But to be honest, this ad campaign sucks balls. None of it is compelling. Every time I see Bane it adds a new layer of NOT awesome.

Yeah...

H

hellrasinbrasin

Tickets for The Dark Knight Rises go on sale Monday June 11.2012 at 12:00 pm

tdkr-header-984.jpg

H

hellrasinbrasin

Aazealh said:
Whoever is coming up with these needs to be fired.

I'm not arguing that the marketing department has been less than stellar when it comes to the posters for The Dark Knight Rises... But for Good or Ill it is what
it is.

H

hellrasinbrasin

http://batman-news.com/2012/06/03/new-the-dark-knight-rises-footage-mtv-movie-awards-video/#ixzz1wn6YNIgw

----

The Dark Knight Rises Run Time released

http://www.amctheatres.com/movies/the-dark-knight-rises

----

In related Dark Knight Rises news - The Dark Knight Rises is Wally Pfister last job as a Cinematographer. Pfister who has been the Cinematographer for all of Nolan's films except for "Following"
is moving onto a career as a 1st time Director at Alcon Entertainment.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Griffith said:
Dug the music video, but... 2 hours and 45 minutes!? Holy editor, Batman! :isidro:

The only thing that I will hate more than this being Nolan's final Batman film is that I
won't ever see a Batman film this long again ever.

I hope he doesn't do another one because I'm psyching myself for this to be his last ever since he said he'd do just 3 movies years ago. Though
Bale in an interview said he would be up for doing more being movie 3 if Nolan was on board - meaning Batman doesn't die ... less of a spoiler but still.

H

hellrasinbrasin

The Dark Knight Rises MTV Movie Awards Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07hZ7lGtObk

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Skull Knight said:
"The Legend Ends July 20" - I can only hope.

Oh please. The build up to this film should be a study in relative expectations and human fickleness. This movie, the follow up to most artistically/critically/financially successful comic book film in history, is probably going to be in the 95th percentile of super hero movies, or even movies in general, yet everyone's just shitting on it constantly like it's not just going to be a relative disappointment but the WORST THING EVAR! Based on recent history, it's probably going to end up being better than currently favored fanboy fever-dream, the naturally unreleased, Prometheus. They should hand this franchise over to Paul WS Anderson or something, then everyone can come back to earth and stop complaining about the conditions of the penthouse.

My bitch? Bane looks too small. That's it, and I'll trade that for a superior performance.

Death May Die said:
Riddler seemed like a way more natural choice than Bane in the Nolan Universe but it would seem Nolan was determined to end on a trilogy.

He apparently also disagrees with you about the nature of the "Nolan Universe." I'm going to go ahead and agree with that over the studio's cheesy DiCaprio-Riddler push. The most telling thing about that story is even after the success of TDK, the studio was STILL trying to dictate the direction of the franchise based on such stupid box office formulas... Get ready for Reynolds! Our hopes are answered, we'll finally be able to put this depressing chapter in Batman history behind us and move back to Schumachian glory.

Top Bottom