E3 2006

Poor sony =( I make pretty good money, and I shelled out for a 360 w/ HDD. But $600 to start, it would cost me probably 700-800 to walk out of the store with some accessories and a game. That is just getting up there, 400 for the 360 was pushing it (cost me 500 to leave the store with a game and couple accessories). I usually just pick up all the systems so I can play whatever game I want, but right now it is looking more like Wii + 360 and maybe a PS3 after a couple price drops :miura: Downloadable PS1 on PSP though, Castlevania + FF7 on the go :guts: And the shameless controller rip......I remember when Nintendo wouldnt show the controller because they said their competition might try to rip them off.....

CnC

Ad Oculos
Well, it seems that the bigger a company gets in a market the less flexible it becomes. I'm sure there's an engineer that had some brilliant ideas that got shot down by marketing/management. Too many cooks...

Not to mention theres still no reason to buy a next gen console, IMO. I still don't see anything that makes me want to buy a 360, price aside. And nothing short of a Berserk game will make be get a PS3 at launch.

Aside: Anyone here ever play Total Annihilation? Theres a game called Supreme Commander supposed to come out by the creator of TA thats pretty much a true sequel. I'm pretty stoked about that, as TA kicked ass.

There are several games that might make me want to buy a next gen consoles, its just I've seen very little of them and when I have, I've honestly been unimpressed. For example, I-8, now known as Resistance, the Fall of Man looked really really good at last year's E3 with dozens and dozens of soldiers on either side... this year? Looked like a generic FPS.

Right now the the 360 hold's more interesting games such as Too Human, which honestly looks pretty damn awesome and its made by Silicon Knights, they made Eternal Darkness, so here's hoping it rocks.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
grendelrt said:
Poor sony =( I make pretty good money, and I shelled out for a 360 w/ HDD. But $600 to start, it would cost me probably 700-800 to walk out of the store with some accessories and a game. That is just getting up there, 400 for the 360 was pushing it (cost me 500 to leave the store with a game and couple accessories).

That's not how Ken Kutaragi views it though, he's declared that the PS3's pricetag was just right, and even not expensive enough. He even recalled the fact that people had complained about the PS2's price when it came out but that eventually it had still been bought massively. BTW, Microsoft's execs apparently didn't wait long to bash Sony's conference...

CnC said:
I'm sure there's an engineer that had some brilliant ideas that got shot down by marketing/management.

Boomerang controller baby! :carcus:

CnC said:
And nothing short of a Berserk game will make be get a PS3 at launch.

Ditto.

CnC said:
Anyone here ever play Total Annihilation? Theres a game called Supreme Commander supposed to come out by the creator of TA thats pretty much a true sequel. I'm pretty stoked about that, as TA kicked ass.

Yeah, I've been following it for a while. It looks promising, even though the creator is full of himself.

HawaiianStallion said:
For example, I-8, now known as Resistance, the Fall of Man looked really really good at last year's E3 with dozens and dozens of soldiers on either side... this year? Looked like a generic FPS.

That's the beauty of fake trailers... They had it coming though, honestly. They reap what they sow, after bullshitting people so much the truth could only be bitter.

Anyway, is anybody looking forward to Rogue Galaxy on PS2? It's coming out in October in the USA. Also, what do you guys think about the rumor of a Warcraft movie (by Legendary Pictures, the guys that did Batman Begins & Superman Returns)?

berserker88

The Raging Demon
I cant wait for the PS3, it looks great and im so happy they decided to make the controller more dual shock looking I will deffiantly be buying the PS3, $599 is no problem with me and I dont think that will stop most people from buying the PS3. Which will most likely sell more the the Wii, and Xbox 360 just as the PS2 did and yeah I hope the Warcraft movie is good.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Yeah, I've been following it for a while. It looks promising, even though the creator is full of himself.

As long as the games are good he can be as arrogant as he wants. The screenshots look awesome, atm.

That's the beauty of fake trailers... They had it coming though, honestly. They reap what they sow, after bullshitting people so much the truth could only be bitter.

Its getting really bad lately. People putting up HUDs on pre-rendered movies is just false advertising. Pretty revolting trend, imo.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
As long as the games are good he can be as arrogant as he wants.

Well yeah, as long as the game is good. He hasn't really done anything since TA, so like I said I'm hoping it'll kick ass but his talk about revolutionizing the genre may be a bit much considering what has been revealed so far. He's not developing Spore or anything.

CnC said:
Its getting really bad lately. People putting up HUDs on pre-rendered movies is just false advertising. Pretty revolting trend, imo.

Yeah, revolting is the word.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Well yeah, as long as the game is good. He hasn't really done anything since TA, so like I said I'm hoping it'll kick ass but his talk about revolutionizing the genre may be a bit much considering what has been revealed so far. He's not developing Spore or anything.

Revolutionizing, eh? Yea that kind of talk falls in the same bin with all the pre-rendered game demos. All that matters is the final product. And that thinking applies to these next gen titles/consoles as well.

As for Supreme Commander goes, it seems they're going for doing away with the minimap and making the game zoomable. Don't know if thats faster but I suppose we'll find out more in the coming months.
At the very least they got to get the same guy who did the soundtrack for the first game to do the second

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like GTA IV will come out on Xbox 360 and not only on PS3 (release date: October 16, 2007), and will have exclusive additional content available via the Xbox Live Marketplace. On another note: has anybody seen the Halo 3 and Fable 2 trailers?

CnC said:
Revolutionizing, eh? Yea that kind of talk falls in the same bin with all the pre-rendered game demos. All that matters is the final product. And that thinking applies to these next gen titles/consoles as well.

Yeah, pretty much. Thus my original comment.

CnC said:
As for Supreme Commander goes, it seems they're going for doing away with the minimap and making the game zoomable. Don't know if thats faster but I suppose we'll find out more in the coming months.

Yeah, from what I've seen/read it think the concept will work. And I like the idea in general.

Aazealh said:
Also, what do you guys think about the rumor of a Warcraft movie (by Legendary Pictures, the guys that did Batman Begins & Superman Returns)?
I'd prefer if Blizzard made it themselves. I mean, they've even released DVDs with the cinematics of their games, if my memory serves me right. It would be more interesting to see them do a full length movie. And it might even become some sort of American counterpart to Advent Children, considering the games popularity :-X

May I ask where you got that rumor?

CnC

Ad Oculos
This is becoming OT but I don't see how a Warcraft movie could distinguish itself enough from LoTR. Sure, I love the games (although I avoid WoW for fear of losing months of my life) and have been playing Blizzard titles since SNES days but I can't see a decent movie plot coming from the Warcraft story. I suppose we'll see.

Also, I heard Ghost was scrapped. Is this true? I can't say I'm all that surprised if it is. Short of advancing the Starcraft story, I didn't see much appeal. Lets hope Blizzard has more to announce besides a movie.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Yep, it was canceled again, most likely for good this time. I am sort of glad they did it. I have been a fan of every blizzard title, simply because they really take the time to polish and perfect what they are working on. My guess is they just didn't feel they could get it as good as it would need to be to live up to their standards. Thats just my guess, though.

A warcraft movie could be interesting, but yeah I really can't see any really appealing storyline for it to go on.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I'm rather excited about the FF13 demo. The graphics are nice but what really impresses me is, from the looks of the gameplay battle sequence mid video, characters will move in battle like they are actually fighting. It looked like something right out of Advent Children, which I doubt anyone can seriously argue had nifty fight choreography. Hopefully battles will be like that throughout the game and not just special events... and I hope that the awesomeness of your character's fighting style scales with their level.

Anyone watch the new sonic video.... now I haven't played Sonic since it was 2d, but I don't remember ever seeing an albino hedgehog...

Ahyea, and if anyone still is interested in Xenosaga... There was this amusing leak recently. It seems on their recent demo, they forgot to remove their encyclopedia from the disc, someone extracted it and now 95% of the game's information is available in Japanese.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
I'm rather excited about the FF13 demo. The graphics are nice but what really impresses me is, from the looks of the gameplay battle sequence mid video, characters will move in battle like they are actually fighting.

Yeah, that was neat.

Majin Tenshi said:
Anyone watch the new sonic video.... now I haven't played Sonic since it was 2d, but I don't remember ever seeing an albino hedgehog...

I'm more interested in the exclusive Wii episode they're developing: Sonic Wild Fire. They said they're trying to go back to the original Sonic feel from the first game, with Sonic alone and no sidekick at all, things like that. Sounds more promising than any of the recent stuff they've done.

Majin Tenshi said:
Ahyea, and if anyone still is interested in Xenosaga...

Haha, that's a good question actually.

Apart from that, have you guys heard of the Super Mario Galaxy announcement? Mario in space and all that? It seemed pretty interesting but apparently there isn't a lot of news about Nintendo's conference.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Majin Tenshi said:
I'm rather excited about the FF13 demo. The graphics are nice but what really impresses me is, from the looks of the gameplay battle sequence mid video, characters will move in battle like they are actually fighting. It looked like something right out of Advent Children, which I doubt anyone can seriously argue had nifty fight choreography. Hopefully battles will be like that throughout the game and not just special events... and I hope that the awesomeness of your character's fighting style scales with their level.

Well the fighting system is a definite improvement. Not to offend the hardcore rpg players out there but I never really did like the old system where there are 2 sides and everyone appears to be waiting their turn. Kudos to the new idea.
As far as the rest of the movie is concerned, it APPEARS to be a female fighting this time around (but I can never be sure with square...) but the rest of the cinematic sequence kind of felt stale. I mean, Square's pre-rendered department is extremely good at what they do but I can't help but feel I've seen this type of cinematic before...
Besides the use of the (ridiculous) gun swords, the action felt like the same old shit they've been animating for the past couple of years. And the characters just felt like a slight variation on their older models. I suppose thats the series but am I the only one who wants something a bit more fresh than a new fighting mechanic?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
As far as the rest of the movie is concerned, it APPEARS to be a female fighting this time around (but I can never be sure with square...)

I'm pretty sure she has boobs.

CnC said:
I suppose thats the series but am I the only one who wants something a bit more fresh than a new fighting mechanic?

Yeah, let's hope the innovation will go deeper than a revamped fighting system.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
I'm pretty sure she has boobs.

Even so, with the current trend in male leads in the recent FF games the next logical step would be to give the guy boobs...

So who knows :guts:

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Anybody see the Halo 3 trailer??? Go to Bungie.net they have a good HD trailer there

Also announced was more info for Crisis Core!! action RPG starring BAD ASS Zack another great PSP game!!!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Look kids, it's the...

ps64early.jpg

SONY PS64!
(only $599! CHEAP!)

After years of expensive and largely fruitless R&D, it's finally here! And at a great bargain bin price, we're actually LOSING money on each one sold! Some features: it's hard to develop for, the graphics aren't as good as advertised, we have to jack up the price on software and everything else to make up for hardware costs and we're trying to do a half-assed imitation of our competitors at the same time (even though we lead the market). But it can play special Blu Ray cartdridges! Anyway, if you thought our sophmore effort was a little clumsy, you haven't seen anything yet! Semper Fi, Sony Soldiers, fall on your sword and buy the PS64 today! It might be your last chance to own Sony brand system! That's collector value, so BUY NOW, the price may only go UP!

"Blizzard has no plans to show Diablo 3 at the conference, as they had told IGN editorial in the past. The developer is focusing all of their energy towards promotion of the first World of Warcraft expansion -- The Burning Crusade -- and will save any announcements they may or may not have planned for a later date" :judo:

Top Bottom