E3 2006

The Lost Planet demo is incredible. I already played throught it a couple times. If you have ever seen Blue Gender, think that on a ice planet.

I cant wait for Wii and all the new mario stuff, I am such a Mario whore....get the new DS one next week :guts:

dwarfkicker said:
Waiting on DMC4 and the new Smash Bros and E3 will be complete for me.  Anyone check out the Lost Planet (360) demo yet?  I want to know if it's worth downloading from Live.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a new Resident Evil game is coming to Wii. Not RE5, but "a new game in the Resident Evil franchise" that combines the series' trademarks with "the revolutionary control system of the Wii." (Source: Gamespot)

Hopefully it turns out well. Capcom definitely scored big with RE4.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lost Planet looked pretty neat, yeah. And the Crysis demo was graphically impressive, Crytek seems to be willing to become the new leader in that domain. I just hope they'll bring in ingenious gameplay along with that.

grendelrt said:
I cant wait for Wii and all the new mario stuff, I am such a Mario whore....get the new DS one next week

Actually the NDS announcements are probably what interests me the most right now. An US version of Ouendan, a Star Fox DS, Yoshi's Island 2, Zelda DS, Mario vs Donkey Kong 2, the sequel to Phoenix Wright, and the plethora of other titles that were introduced (not to mention soon to come out games like FFIII). I'm still hoping we'll see more of Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin later on though.

Walter said:
Looks like a new Resident Evil game is coming to Wii. Not RE5, but "a new game in the Resident Evil franchise" that combines the series' trademarks with "the revolutionary control system of the Wii." Hopefully it turns out well. Capcom definitely scored big with RE4.

Yeah, that sounds promising, too bad they didn't reveal anything yet (then again, they haven't given us any serious RE5 info either). The Wii titles also looked interesting in general, Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy of course but Wario Ware, Fire Emblem, Trauma Center, Red Steel, Sonic Wild Fire and Project HAMMER as well.

EDIT: I just read the opinion of somebody having tried the PS3 and he was pretty unimpressed... What sparked my curiosity is that he said the playable version of Heavenly Sword was pretty ugly and that he saw people actually shaking their heads in disappointment while trying it. That's just one opinion of course but the guy was saying the Xbox 360 still showed more potential and that the only decent titles were Grand Turismo HD, Wardevil, Heavy Rain, Virtua Tennis and the new Sonic.

I wonder what the real feedback will be for the Wii... There's even a rumor about a Duck Hunt remake.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
I would go out and buy a DS right now if there were plans of a DS version of Ocarina of Time. Sort of like what they did with Super Mario 64 conversion onto the DS. Some added features, of course. But I think it could be pulled of quite nicely :)

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Heavenly Sword looked nice enough... but I knew from the start I would never buy it. It glitched during the demo too, so I'm not sure HOW complete it is in terms of development.

All this PS3 talk is so disconcerting.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IsolatioN said:
I would go out and buy a DS right now if there were plans of a DS version of Ocarina of Time. Sort of like what they did with Super Mario 64 conversion onto the DS. Some added features, of course. But I think it could be pulled of quite nicely

Unfortunately, word from Nintendo was that they didn't plan to do it at all 6 months ago or so, because they had a new Zelda game in the works and they didn't want to release too many ports/remakes on the DS. I found it a bit disconcerting at the time, considering how good Ocarina of Time was (and how well a remake would sell). A few hit titles from the N64 era couldn't possibly hurt, old classics are always a plus.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
All this DS talk is starting to have an effect on me. Two of my best friends each have one and say they can't get enough of it. The PSP never really appealed to me, just too much stuff on one thing, IMO. I may have found a use for the upcoming cash I will receive for my birthday... If so, when does the NDS Lite come out? I'm so behind on video games it's not even funny. Onimusha 4?! Christ, I haven't even played Onimusha 3 (which I happen to own). :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
Waiting on DMC4 and the new Smash Bros and E3 will be complete for me.

Oh wow, Super Smash Bros. Brawl on Wii will feature Solid Snake as a playable character. And you're probably soiling your pants over this right now. :carcus:

Joystiq said:
Kojima begged Sakurai to include Snake in the GameCube version of Smash Bros., but it was too late in the development cycle to add the character. When Brawl became a reality, Sakurai contacted Kojima and the decision was made to introduce Snake into the series. Solid Snake will use explosives ... and a cardboard box.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
BTW, I'd be honored if dwarf would use this as his avatar...

badass.jpg

Please. =)​

Damn, I could have sworn that they wanted it out this year (read it some where). But then, it's no surprise that it'll be 2007 either.

Since a lot of the characters represent their games in Smash Bros and those characters have hidden characters from said games, I wonder if we'll see a MGS hidden character (come on Ninja Grey Fox).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
Since a lot of the characters represent their games in Smash Bros and those characters have hidden characters from said games, I wonder if we'll see a MGS hidden character (come on Ninja Grey Fox).

It could be, and there are apparently discussions concerning the inclusion of other third party characters (Like Sonic). Anyway I just saw a temporary list of all the third party games for Wii, and it looks like it's getting more support than the GameCube did (a good sign).

Nintendo mentioned the desire to include Sonic in Melee but due to how far into development they were they didn't go through with it. With the director's words on this apparently Snake was considered for Melee as well but due to the same reason he wasn't included either. I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic is in this.

Now just let me see a DMC4 trailer and E3 will be complete for me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, since you're reading the thread CnC, I just read some feedback about Supreme Commander and from what the guy was saying it's the most impressive E3 title in his opinion. :serpico: Now we just miss some videos.

Same guy said he tried the Wii and that the controller is perfect in terms of technology, the motion sensor is flawless. However he found that most people seem to feel more comfortable while standing to use it, as opposed to a less convenient sitting position... Not sure what to make of that (well, he also said you need some time to adapt to it). He didn't get to play any really interesting game on the stand either, just stuff mostly showcasing the technology (like Wii Sports: Tennis).

I was actually thinking about that last night. Everytime I imagined how a game would be played on Wii, the image in my mind always led to standing instead of sitting. Like the tennis game, if you made forehands and backhands, i cant see doing that on a couch. But then again I havent seen anyone play these games, so I dont know the range of motion. I think you are right though, I think it will just be a case of adepting yourself to sit down and play.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Well, since you're reading the thread CnC,

big brother is always watching...

I just read some feedback about Supreme Commander and from what the guy was saying it's the most impressive E3 title in his opinion. :serpico: Now we just miss some videos.

Hell yea... thats great news.
Now to wait another year for it to be released... :badbone:

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Well, my only worry with the Wii is accidentally whacking my buds across the head as I wave the controller around in some heated multiplayer game. My guess is you'll need a bit of room between players, ex specially if your the type that sort of moves around while playing games. :serpico:

Anything new released concerning Spore? I was following it for awhile back but stopped for some strange reason. If it's still turning out to be what they said when it was first announced, it sounds to be an awesome game.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
i am really having a hard time deciding what console to get. will it be

a) the Wii - quote: "Wii sounds like "We", which emphasizes the console is for everyone"  or
b) the PS3 - quote: "599$? what the heck is going on here?"

although the PS3 is expensive, i am sure sony will get away with it. this is not unlike the PS2 release a few years ago. people were complaining about the price back then yet still bought it.
there's obviously no real innovation (except for the controller  :SK:) the CG of some of the upcoming games look impressive, be they pre-rendered and gameplay graphics.
but as some of you said - unless there's no Berserk game for PS3 there's no reason to get one.

as for the Wii...
i like Mario and Zelda but... well...
how is Wii going to "break down the wall that seperates video game player from everybody else?" i still wonder.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IsolatioN said:
Anything new released concerning Spore? I was following it for awhile back but stopped for some strange reason. If it's still turning out to be what they said when it was first announced, it sounds to be an awesome game.

Yeah, Will Wright showed some screenshots and explained a few things about it. You can find screenshots over there: http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A00000484601/

Site's in French but just check the pictures, there are 3 pages of them. Anyway, Phil Harrison (president of Sony Worldwide Studios) was apparently a bit pissed at GTA IV's non exclusivity for PS3 and went ahead and said that the game wouldn't be very important for the PS3. Talk about ingratitude when you know what the GTA series did for the PS2.

Otherwise, and I'm talking to you in particular handsome_rakshas, there's a Portrait of Ruin trailer up: Click here. Check it out, it's awesome. :guts: The combo system looks great and the enemies are pretty cool.

Other news, the sensor bar for the Wii: Picture 01, picture 02. Looks elegant and discreet, always a plus. And Jump Super Stars 2 for NDS is officially in development.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Aazealh said:
Otherwise, and I'm talking to you in particular handsome_rakshas, there's a Portrait of Ruin trailer up: Click here. Check it out, it's awesome. :guts: The combo system looks great and the enemies are pretty cool.

Gack! I can't breath! That was freakin awesome! Aaz, I am always in your debt for you bringing me the best Castlevania news! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! As for the trailer itself it looks like the best Castlevania yet and all I have to say is....Symphony of the what now?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
That was freakin awesome! Aaz, I am always in your debt for you bringing me the best Castlevania news! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! As for the trailer itself it looks like the best Castlevania yet and all I have to say is....Symphony of the what now?

Hahah, well I'm glad you like it as much as I do. :guts: I just can't wait to get my hands on this one, and there are already too many games I want to buy on DS... They need to fucking slow down seriously. :SK:

Meanwhile, the PSP's getting a road mapping/touristic guide software codenamed Planet PSP. To each his own I guess, I'm sure someone somewhere could use that.

Anyway, Smash Bros Brawl's trailer is also up on the official site for those that haven't seen it: http://www.smashbros.com/en/movie/index.html

Top Bottom