Episode 225

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Re:Chapter 225

This is black.

This is not black.

The first scan is taken from a tankoubon/manga volume. The blacks and whites are much clearer.

The second is taken from a weekly/biweekly publication. Usually the pages in these are NOT pure white, and the ink is NOT pure black. Some chapters are more purplish, some bluish, some greenish, etc. I'm not *positive* if this is the case for Young Animal, but that's what I've seen in most publications.

My point is, there's no point in guessing colors right now. Let's wait for some dialogue... or for Miura to do a color image. That'll solve things instantly, just like when he colored Schierke's hair, right? =p~

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!

Interesting... that *is* the first time we've seen any hint of anybody getting anywhere close to touching Skull Knight... aside from Void of course.

Here's something to ponder though... does anybody think that Guts may have trouble getting *out* of the armor? =p Do you think they may have to subdue him, or have Skully bitch-slap him right out of his full-plate or something?

I guess we might find out in a few weeks whether he has any control or not... *shrug* Speculation, whee...

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps

DAMN, talk about 'the walking wall of death'... Guts in his new armor makes the Grim Reaper take a back seat.

However, whoever said that this new armor makes him seem 'losing his self' is right. I think Miura is emphasizing the idea that this new armor creates a totally new identity.. that of the mindless, unstoppable destroyer. Who knows, maybe Serpico and Co. may need to gang up on Guts to subdue the armor eventually.

J

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Godo said:
I think Miura is emphasizing the idea that this new armor creates a totally new identity.. that of the mindless, unstoppable destroyer.
so kinda like the revenge arc. Gotcha.

[Millenium Falcon Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon Wars]
[The Berserker's Armor (1)]
Hint hint, nudge nudge.

korkor

I could be a llama

Graywords said:
Here's something to ponder though... does anybody think that Guts may have trouble getting *out* of the armor?

well it was mentioned that he might die since he was pretty beaten up...

O

Ozmo

Skully's shield was by no means shredded. It just had a few nasty claw marks, which are quite inevitable if you fight a creature like Zodd.

Skully's shield was by no means shredded. It just had a few nasty claw marks, which are quite inevitable if you fight a creature like Zodd.

Except that didn't happen in the past two encounters that we saw between them. The eclipse encounter, Zodd was the one that got shredded (unless I'm mistaken and it's just the dust blowing over his body, he's regenerating on about 4-5 places on his body other than where he's reattaching his arm). At Griff's rebirth, neither showed any wounds, and this time, Skully's shield is taking a beating. Considering that, it's pretty interesting. Is it just how the luck goes from fight to fight, or is Zodd getting better/Skully not fighting at his best, is it casualty or Griffith's influence on the world that's slowing down skully lately, or something else?

Or am I just rambling ;D

korkor

I could be a llama

ya
but its not the first time his fighting zod...
but first time u see something like that...

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Graywords said:
Here's something to ponder though... does anybody think that Guts may have trouble getting *out* of the armor? =p Do you think they may have to subdue him, or have Skully bitch-slap him right out of his full-plate or something?

Yeah, I help but fear that Guts is going to end up in a position remeiniscent of the Guyver. The way Guts is behaving implies to me that he is not quite 'awake' at this point. That the armor is in control, much like in the Guyver when Sho is unconcious. He's 'eaten' by two apostles even though his speed seems to be akin to the Skullknight himself. It doesn't seem like Guts to intentionaly take hits like that.

I just hope this doesn't end in something cheesy like SK and Guts locking swords amidst a mountain of dead apostles while his party screams at him to wake up.

Ozmo said:

Thank you Captain Semantics. I was trying to emphasize how signifigant it is for Skully to be damaged in any way shape or form. Up till now, nothing has ever so much as dented him other than, apparently, himself when he broke off some of his armor.

Majin Tenshi said:
so kinda like the revenge arc. Gotcha. Hint hint, nudge nudge.

When volume 17 already put so much emphasis on showing that Guts' desire for vengence was nothing but a product of Guts' frustration and fear at his own helplessness?

Revenge, I think not. Controll however........

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Wereallmad said:
I just hope this doesn't end in something cheesy like SK and Guts locking swords amidst a mountain of dead apostles while his party screams at him to wake up.

I have to disagree, however cheezy, I wouldn't mind seeing that.

-Griffith

Graywords said:

What i had speculate earlier is that the armor seem to have fused together with Gutz body, which mean that he may never get out of the armor again... and maybe he will be the skullknight of the future (perhap it will be called skullwarrior ;D)

Now back to my question i had asked earlier in the previous chapter: Where is Caska and Farnese? Are they sitting on a fallen log eating popcorn and watching the show at the same time? ::)

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

Smith said:
Now back to my question i had asked earlier in the previous chapter: Where is Caska and Farnese? Are they sitting on a fallen log eating popcorn and watching the show at the same time? ::)

I would like to think that maybe they are exploring "feelings" with each other. :D That's just because. Watashi wa totemo hentai!

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I would like to think that maybe they are exploring "feelings" with each other. :D That's just because. Watashi wa totemo hentai!

That was awesome! :eek:

Caska had turn to homosexuality and Farnese is lesbian, what will happened next is Grunbeld looking the direction where the fallen log was rocking!

Griffith

Wereallmad said:
He's 'eaten' by two apostles even though his speed seems to be akin to the Skullknight himself. It doesn't seem like Guts to intentionaly take hits like that.
I don’t know, what he did to fat boy wasn’t anymore impressive than what he did to the cultists in volume 19 (besides the exploding from inside them bit =). As for taking hits, we don’t know what happened the first time, may have just finished putting it on. And by the time the second one attacked… he was God already. You have a point there, but it could also be as important as Skull Knight’s smoke.

Wereallmad said:
Yeah, I help but fear that Guts is going to end up in a position remeiniscent of the Guyver. The way Guts is behaving implies to me that he is not quite 'awake' at this point.

Guts has behaved that way on several occasions in the past too though, so I don’t fully agree with the idea of the “armor being in control.” Of course, if you had said Guts is out of control or berserk due to wearing the armor, I probably wouldn’t object. It’s a case for Judge Semantics, but I prefer to think the power is coming from an organic place in Guts (the Beast for example) and being channeled and amplified through the armor. It probably lies somewhere inbetween; Guts is geared towards the armor’s strengths and vice versa. Ah, predisposition is the word I’m looking for!

On the other hand…

venom.jpg

beast.jpg

secret_wars_008.jpg

skulllord.jpg

…just a coincidence? ;D

-Griffith

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Just a thought. Why has Guts been nick named Skull Lord? Surely it'd be the Dark Hawk or something like that? I know his armour looks nothing like a Hawk, but according to the prophecy, his helmet resembles the face of the Dark being covering the land in shadow. Skull Lord just doesn't seem fitting. For me at least.

Griffith said:
Guts has behaved that way on several occasions in the past too though, so I don’t fully agree with the idea of the “armor being in control.” Of course, if you had said Guts is out of control or berserk due to wearing the armor, I probably wouldn’t object. It’s a case for Judge Semantics, but I prefer to think the power is coming from an organic place in Guts (the Beast for example) and being channeled and amplified through the armor. It probably lies somewhere inbetween; Guts is geared towards the armor’s strengths and vice versa. Ah, predisposition is the word I’m looking for!​
I share this opinion. I don't believe this armour is controlling Guts at all. What real evidence is there? He has done many ferocious things in the past, hacking up a couple of apostles in a very badass way is something he would normally do. The reason he might look like abnormal is because his face is being hidden within the helmet. If we were able to see his face, I'm sure they'd be the usual expressions.

I'm not saying, however, that the armour isn't special and possibly aiding Guts in someway! But, I am still unconvinced he is being controlled by it or that he is merged with the armour, like the Guyver. You can just about make the straps out, for pities sake.

If we could tell what Gunbeld is saying on page 19, it might help? Unless he's saying something like "....has that soliders got his wang out?"

One more thing: Do you think the others in the cave are okay?

Griffith

Uriel said:
Just a thought. Why has Guts been nick named Skull Lord?

Don't worry, anyone that starts calling him that seriously will be banned, I assure you.

Uriel said:
If we could tell what Gunbeld is saying on page 19, it might help? Unless he's saying something like "....has that soliders got his wang out?"

225 Translation

Everybody, don't miss out on a good thing! Graywords is back, after wandering in the desert on a journey of self discovery, and is now on another translating torrent. ;)

Uriel said:
One more thing: Do you think the others in the cave are okay?

It would be quite the interesting development if Guts disemboweled them before exiting the cave. =)

"Uhhh... the armor was controlliong me, I swear!"

Anyway, yes, it does seem that Apostles are literally exploding out of there.

-Griffith

Wereallmad said:
Thank you Captain Semantics. I was trying to emphasize how signifigant it is for Skully to be damaged in any way shape or form. Up till now, nothing has ever so much as dented him other than, apparently, himself when he broke off some of his armor.

so this is the second time skully and zodd have fought that we know about, the first time that weve actually seen the fight, and the third fight overall for skully so far

why should skully not be damaged? why is this a big deal?

he could have just gotten lucky the first time against zodd, or maybe we couldnt see the damage. and the other fight he just fought against ogres.

zodd, at least in my opinion, is one of the strongest apostles, and even guts didnt have too much trouble with the ogres.

so i ask again, why shouldnt skully take on a little damage

Griffith

krebs4life said:

Wereallmad noted something that was noteworthy. It seems especially significant considering the dogma around here that Skully is untouchable and that Zoddo is nothing to him. Then a bunch of people had to throw in their two pennies and made it the big ol’ honkin’ deal you see before you; finally culminating with you post, and now this post.

Stay tuned for more stirring debate on what the definition of “shredded” is and the severity of scratching that is required to warrant the label.

I blame causality.

-Griffith

Griffith said:
Don't worry, anyone that starts calling him that seriously will be banned, I assure you.225 Translation

"Uhhh... the armor was controlliong me, I swear!"

-Griffith

Maybe that the reason y SK didnt want Gutz to wear that armor, maybe it is cursed becz of the ability to control the owner.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Wereallmad said:
Only if Guts only wakes up when he cuts open Skully's bony hide.

well i guess the only thing large enough to surpress your ego is your wit

we make a couple of scrapes on a shield out to be the end of skullknight
skully isnt infallable, but hes certainly not getting his ass kicked either

i was just hoping that i might help to stop that train of thought before the 'shredded' conversation got out of hand like the color of guts' armor conversation or before it turned into the butt of someones joke

obviously i failed

R

Radzeke

With FAILURE behind us, I'm taking bets! Guts Vs Groenveld! ROUND 2!Who's it gonna be?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Thank you sKuLlLoRd for stopping all this nonsense. By the way, welcome to the boards.

I seriously think Groenveld will be in 226 pieces by the time chapter 226 begins. The poor guy doesn't stand a chance. But then, I step back and think reasonably using Miura dogma logic, and I know that there will be a 2 chapter long fight. Maybe even with Goenveld's (potential) apostle form?

Top Bottom