Episode 307

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

[url=http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/34/]http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/34/​

In shops of the book company Yurindo, an exhibition of Miura's original works as well as some reproductions will take place from 9/25 to 10/25.

4 appendices:

- Alternate cover of volume 34 (done by Miura)
- Big poster 50 cm x 60 cm (Guts vs Zodd picture, click below to enlarge)
- Apostle-themed dice-based game (not featured)
- A separate booklet focusing on the characters and world of Berserk (with Guts on the cover)

34-another-cover_large.jpg

character-world_large.jpg

Some other bonuses in limited numbers:

CS.jpg

Berserk-themed book cover protection, available in Circle K Sunkus stores.

suica-seal.jpg

Some SUICA "seals" available from Book Express.

uchiwa.jpg

Fans available in Yurindo stores.​

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
Ah man this is awesome!!!! though i don't know if i want to use that alternate cover, i would feel like framing it instead. The poster looks pretty cool too, though it looks like Zodd's gonna win as one of his horn looks like its gonna pierce Guts' heart :zodd:. The part that kills me is that the place where i get my Japanese Berserk volumes and Young Animal , said even though i reserved the YA they can't guarantee a copy :mozgus: :judo:

Damn, it's a shame this issue can't be ordered individually without a pricey subscription :chomp:(not all of us are made of money) :puck: I guess the only way I will be able to get the variant slipcover is through high res scans from some generous person, which makes me sad. :judo:

I agree this Volume 34 cover with Griffith and Zodd is amazing! Some of the more recent Volume covers (the profile ones) weren't really all that interesting in my opinion. Not that they were bad...just not attention grabbing...but wow 34 is Miura at his best!

Can't wait to pick this one up!

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well I am pretty fucking excited that a separate book Berserk's world and characters will be available. :isidro:

Where can you buy this from? I know it is most likely going to end up on YJA, and maybe even eBay.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Skull Knight said:
Damn, it's a shame this issue can't be ordered individually without a pricey subscription :chomp:(not all of us are made of money) :puck: I guess the only way I will be able to get the variant slipcover is through high res scans from some generous person, which makes me sad. :judo:

You'll be able to buy that issue of YA and the accompanying bonuses from Yahoo! Japan auctions.

slan69 said:
Where can you buy this from? I know it is most likely going to end up on YJA, and maybe even eBay.

It'll be bundled with YA. And I doubt it's going to end up on eBay.

PineappleSkewer

She's Deliciously Atrocious!
That poster of Zodd and Guts is a must have for me! It would be even nicer if there was a bit of BG in there.

A Berserk fan? Well, I guess you wouldn't look like as much of a pansy with Guts on it.:troll:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Thanks Aaz for the great news!

The alternate Book 34 cover really stands out to me. It's pretty awesome to see Guts and Griffith both decked out in full armor. I love the rendering of "sane" Berserker Guts especially.

yesmilord

千年王国
I'm going to hit up my local Kinokuniya today and see if they'll be getting any of these in (or if I could even order it through them).

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Oh man, too cool! Thanks for posting pics of all those goodies, Aazealh! Both the regular and alternate cover for Vol. 34 kick ass. I'll see if I can snag this off of Yahoo! Japan Auctions or at the Kinokuniya down the street.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
These are some spectacular freebies! If I had to pick, I'd say I'm most interested in the mini-booklet about the characters and world of Berserk. That sounds really intriguing. I wonder how extensive it'll be, and if it'll include English translations of the names, like they do with the current character summaries in the volumes.

I've already requested Wed. off work so I can take in all the 307 goodness without distraction :griffnotevil:

I absolutely love it all; covers, everything. I agree the mini-booklet, I'm looking forward to the most and hope that it holds some new or clarifying information. Also is the booklet written by Miura which I assume or just someone writing with the same view/info as us.

This is probably my most anticipated episode so far.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Riastrathe said:
Also is the booklet written by Miura which I assume or just someone writing with the same view/info as us.

It's not sure yet that it will contain much text (could very well be mostly pictures), but if it does it will have probably been written by people from the YA staff, possibly with Miura's collaboration.

EDIT: The page for the Berserk event is up on Yurindo's website: http://www.yurindo.co.jp/info/0909berserk34.html

berserk_illust2.jpg
berserk_illust1.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like my guess was correct: the city of Falconia has appeared, and Ganishka may apparently have turned into a tree. :guts: The city has a very... futuristic look to it, if you ask me. Locus will feel right at home! :void:

The episode is 23 pages long, all two-page spreads save for one. Next episode will be released on October 9.

Top Bottom