Heroes (spoilers within)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
pippin22 said:
What are they striking over? The writers of LOST are so good... the story is really well written. Unlike many series that have scenes/episodes/SEASONS that are awful, LOST keeps it interesting. Even the Sopranos, which was the only other show I've followed in a long time, had many terrible parts...

It's not just the writers of Lost, from what I've heard. It's because the writers want to be paid royalties for episodes that are on the internet. The networks run an advertisement before the episodes start playing, so the writers feel they're due some money because of the money the networks are making off of those advertisements.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
pippin22 said:
What are they striking over?
Haven't you seen any news media in the past week? It's been like the top story for a long time. In short, writers want a "piece of the pie" in royalties paid out for DVD sales and Internet downloads, similar to how actors are paid recurringly after they've done their parts.

The writers of LOST are so good... the story is really well written. Unlike many series that have scenes/episodes/SEASONS that are awful, LOST keeps it interesting. Even the Sopranos, which was the only other show I've followed in a long time, had many terrible parts...
Lost isn't immune to shittiness. Hell, Season 2 was riddled with awful, meandering plots that led nowhere. That being said, I complain about the series all the time, but I love it,and can't wait for it to start again. :casca:

More writers strike info, this time from IGN: http://tv.ign.com/articles/832/832730p1.html

Heroes is likely going to turn their December 3rd episode, the eleventh of the season, into the season finale. It was always intended as the end of the "Generations" arc, and a new ending has been written in order to turn it into a more solid conclusion for now.
Geez, that's quite a stunted season for Heroes.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Tim Kring, Heroes' creator, apologizes for the season sucking so far:
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

Griffith No More! said:
Looks like I was correct in my conclusion not to watch X-Watchmen. =)

but... they have powerZ!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Tim Kring, Heroes' creator, apologizes for the season sucking so far:
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html
Well, that's sweet of him, but I don't want excuses. I want a decent show.

Jesus, if anyone ever needed a sign to not watch Heroes, even the creator admits it sucks.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Well, that's sweet of him, but I don't want excuses. I want a decent show.

I agree, but it seems like they're genuinely reworking things. This season so far reminds me of Lost season 2 where a bunch of new, often shitty, characters were introduced and then killed off. Things got back on track in season 3, and I'm hoping the same happens here. We'll just have to see.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I thought "Four Month's Earlier..." was pretty good. It was nice to see what happened between the last episode of Season 1 and the first episodes of Season 2.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I thought the way DL died was kinda stupid what with his previous skills at phaseing to let sniper fire through

I spose he just didn't see it comeing

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Majin Tenshi said:
I thought the way DL died was kinda stupid what with his previous skills at phaseing to let sniper fire through

I spose he just didn't see it comeing

Yeah, I guess that's the best they could come up with to write him out of the show.
:schierke:

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Heroes improved drastically after the episode 5 of season 2, but it still sucks since I started watching The Unit (marvellous s03) some time ago and since they're airing it the day after Heroes like a kid's show.
Wait a sec...they are.

But they did get better, lacking a credible villain and all...

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Quasi-spoilers for the upcoming episode, I suppose...

Bennett awakes with no memory, but with a new fun loving, smoothie appreciating personality:

10hrgalsocanfindslushoara0.jpg

Seriously though, this show has become a somewhat guilty pleasure now it's getting a little better. Now if only Claire's sappy boyfriend gets killed... it might win me back.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Well if you're going to be a boring old woman about it...

Well sorry dude, but I'm pretty sure everybody knew about it already, it's been over a week that these are everywhere. Just figured I'd point out what it actually is in case you didn't know.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
So, is this season over? That's what I was reading a few weeks ago, that this was the stunted end of the first arc of the season, and possibly the last unless the strike ends promptly.

I would've liked Kensei's character fleshed out just a little bit more. It was a well-deserved yet premature fate, I felt. Oh well...
At least Sylar's back! <3

I'm still pretty much in love with the first season, though.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Well, this season's premiere didn't disappoint me as much as last season's. (Am I the only one still watching this show? :SK:)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Well, this season's premiere didn't disappoint me as much as last season's. (Am I the only one still watching this show? :SK:)

Hahaha wow, yeah actually I think so man. So what's your opinion on it?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Hahaha wow, yeah actually I think so man. So what's your opinion on it?

Haha, thought so. Well, so far it looks like the staff has learned from their mistakes in season two and have started the new season with things moving quickly, getting rid of the slow buildup and jumping right into the action. The only thing I didn't really like is that they've incorporated another painter into the series, bringing back the same concept they used in the first two seasons. Other than that, it's renewed my interest and hopefully it gets better from here.

X

Xem

I like the idea of bringing a new painter in, that was one of my favorite things about season 1.

Honestly because of the anticipation of this season for me I was expecting to be let down, however I wasn't disappointed. I'm really digging the
new appearance of future Peter, he seems a lot less wussy than present day Peter, and he's wreaking havoc on the space-time continuum. The whole deal with Nikki seemed pretty dumb to me at first (how the fuck is she alive?), but when I saw that this new personality has a completely different power, I was pleasantly surprised. Linderman's(sp?) character coming back seemed like a cop-out at first to me also, as well as having Nathan still being alive, but the mystery surrounding that doesn't seem hokey enough to turn me off. The relationship between Hiro and the new speedster seems pretty neat as well, we'll see where that's going. Dr. Suresh's development is rather interesting too, the idea of the world being turned into entirely Heroes/Villains reminds me of DC's Kingdom Come, and there's nothing wrong with that!

Also, I really enjoyed the fat guy mindreader (his name escapes me)
being stuck in Africa (why are you talking to a turtle? ;) )
... just what is
future Peter
doing?! Perhaps he knew exactly where he was sending him... though I doubt it. :)

One of the main things I enjoyed this season is I don't get the feeling like the franchise is being forced or milked in any way, I feel there's a genuine direction, though some of it seems "borrowed" from old comic books... it doesn't bother me, I grew up reading these type of stories.

Top Bottom