Heroes (spoilers within)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Mage said:
Yeah, maybe it was season 1's stupid ending, but season 2 doesn't seem interesting...the show has lost its appeal for me.
Ditto, it was a really weak premiere. I'd forgotten how on-the-nose the dialogue in this series is...
"Honey I love you and Im sorry for everything that happened in Season 1. Here's a car that we've had commercials for in this episode already."
"Oh, daddy! The Rogue?! I love youuuuu!"
Parkman: "WE'RE HAVIN A BABAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!" :ganishka:

Still, there were just enough wtf moments to keep it mysterious. I'm mostly interested in what's happened to Peter, why he's wearing the symbol necklace etc.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Agreeing with the general consensus so far. It saddens me to say so but Hiro's storyline is what bored me the most. So the great Japanese hero Takezo Kensei is really just a loser that's out for money, and a gaijin too?! So stereotypical... Sounds like a bad RPG premise. I'm definitely not looking forward to see more of it, can't wait till Hiro goes back to the present. The second part I had a hard time with was Claire's new life at school. I thought we were behind that kind of shit at the end of season 1. The rest was cool, Nathan's confrontation with his evil mom, the little girl's nightmares, etc. Parkman didn't even annoy me.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
It saddens me to say so but Hiro's storyline is what bored me the most. So the great Japanese hero Takezo Kensei is really just a loser that's out for money, and a gaijin too?! So stereotypical... Sounds like a bad RPG premise.

Agree. When the dude came around the tree and started speaking "japanese" I cringed immediately. Completely boring.

Like I said, I think the last 15 minutes saved me from giving up on the series. I'll see what episode 2 has to offer, but I don't have high hopes.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
:isidro: Stunning Heroes FAN ART! :isidro:
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/auction/fan_gallery.shtml

Just a few samples of goodness inside...

herofan1.jpg

Drawn on the back of some guy's class notes? Reminds me of high school... Only I didn't send my margin sketches into a network TV website.

herofan2.jpg

YATAAA!!

herofan3.jpg

Suresh's family, as drawn by Jim Davis of Garfield?

herofan4.jpg

HADOOOOOOKENNNNN!!!!!!!!

herofan5.jpg

Cr....eepy.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
ZOMG! T H E B O X
... *sigh*
I think it was just a box with Peter's stuff in it... I think the Irish guy just put it in a fancy box to make it look mysterious. There still aren't any leads on what happened to Peter between the end of season 1 and now. Though, I think the guys weren't hired to steal ipods... but Peter! :isidro:

PS: This show sucks.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jesus Christ, what a waste of time that episode was. Hiro's being the real hero! Man I never saw it coming! And the guy has regeneration powers, damn that wasn't obvious at all from the second he got shot! Best moment of this episode? Mr. Muggles. Seriously that is sad but I almost cheered at Mr. Muggles barking to get the TV back on. He's also calling the fag that stalks Claire on his flying man bullshit. The rest was mostly uneventful and boring... It was neat to hear Mohinder speak French with a funny accent and I like the Haitian, but I couldn't help but be bored this time around. And Parkman is so blatant with his power, I've never seen someone so unsubtle. No wonder mother Petrelli caught him reading her thoughts. Oh well, the deadly crying madonna is sort of cool I guess.

About that box, I think there'll be more than just Peter's credit cards in it, but I doubt it'll be all that interesting.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith No More! said:
Maybe the box has a button inside it they have to press to save the world? :troll:

Sadly, I'm pretty sure that whatever will be in that box won't be as cool as that.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the value of it is just that Peter will have a clue to his identity, and presumably will remember it all... I doubt we'll get anything too special in there...

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Even just a complete name would be enough. A simple google search would draw up his brother's campaign. and once he found his brother he could get his memories out of Nathan's head...

Of course, theres a number of reasons that wouldn't make sense in Heroes
it would involve people behaving in a way that made sense. It would involve dissemination of relevent, useful information. It wouldn't be excessively dramatic. It wouldn't involve cliffhangers.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
More importantly, who stole Claire's car? Will they put detective Parkman on the case? Will she have to contact her influent-yet-on-the-verge-of-depression biological father to help while her foster parents continue to neglect her basic needs? Man I can't wait for next week's episode!!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
More importantly, who stole Claire's car? Will they put detective Parkman on the case? Will she have to contact her influent-yet-on-the-verge-of-depression biological father to help while her foster parents continue to neglect her basic needs? Man I can't wait for next week's episode!!
Don't forget stalker guy who peeked in at the exact time to see Claire chop off her pinky toe and then fly off, dropping Suresh's book! This show's about as hamfisted as Parkman fucking his ex-wife... ugh. That mental image.... ... ........ UGH! UNINTENTIONAL PUN!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Don't forget stalker guy who peeked in at the exact time to see Claire chop off her pinky toe and then fly off, dropping Suresh's book!

Haha yeah, just like he did last time when he peeked at her window and saw her wound herself in some dumb fashion. You know, now that I think of it, her constant self-injuring makes me think of a clumsy reference to teenagers "cutting" themselves in our harsh modern world. That's just the sort of lame ideas I've come to expect from the writers.

Walter said:
This show's about as hamfisted as Parkman fucking his ex-wife... ugh. That mental image.... ... ........ UGH! UNINTENTIONAL PUN!

Damn dude, I think my libido was permanently damaged by this analogy.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.yamagatofellowship.org/videoEvents.shtml

Ugh, NBC made these faux-documentaries about Takezo Kensei, and they're B A D. Do they realize this is just pure cheese?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm impressed by the effort they were willing to put into this. And way to go with the fake curator and expert and whatnot.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
Ugh, NBC made these faux-documentaries about Takezo Kensei, and they're B A D. Do they realize this is just pure cheese?

hey! what would YOU come up with with a production budget of (what appears to be) 5 dollars?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
hey! what would YOU come up with with a production budget of (what appears to be) 5 dollars?
I really don't think that's their problem. Looks to me like they've got a sizable budget for a television show.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sylar redeemed this episode a little I think. THANKS for killing Candice or whatever man, and OMG the illusion girl was really fat and not sexy at all?! Unexpected! And I liked that he's powerless too, although the fact he's still alive is stupid in itself after everything he went through. It was also cruel to make me believe Hiro would abandon his time adventures only to have him stay after all... More super quests, yay! The latino siblings' adventure is boring I think. Yeah great idea to steal a car in the middle of a plaza at noon with a cop right in front of you. Genius!

Claire's story... The flying CGIs made me laugh out loud, straight from old Superman flicks. At least the inevitable love story was expedited quickly though. But now Bennet must diiiie. Will his own daughter kill him for the love of that West jackass? Or will it be another man with HRG, like the retard Mohinder's dealing with?! Such suspense! :isidro:

Top Bottom