One Piece

BOB

poruno sutâ
try dc++. worked a lot faster for me than this torrent or donkey shit. takes me about 20-30 minutes to dl an episode

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
BOB said:
try dc++. worked a lot faster for me than this torrent or donkey shit. takes me about 20-30 minutes to dl an episode

Nice, I may look into that, but yea, I like the Jango's Dance Carnival short. Catchy music. hehehe, They are making a new movie, seen the previews over here in Japan.

What favorite episode is everyone else's? I like the meeting of Hawk-Eyes and Zorro, hehehe. ;D

BOB

poruno sutâ
http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/

works fine for me. try it out. a bit like irc but more downloadfriendly.

bout favourite eps i think i like those moving ones best, like the ep where sanji leaves the restaurant.

Membrax

Some beast eating its heart in the desert
DC++ has to be one of the best way to find animes (and other stuff : it depends on the hub)

If you have difficulties finding worthy hubs :

http://www.hublist.org/?p=hublists

Favorite moment, during the Arlong Arc. When Luffy and Co. are walking up to Arlong Castle ready to stomp some ass with the great "triumph of the will" theme in the background. Just great. I'm also partial to episode where Zoro swears his oath the Luffy after battling Mihawk.

BOB

poruno sutâ
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
For D'C++ I dont like how you for most of the hubs you have to have a certain amount of shared files availbale. :p

since this ain't kazaa where you can get busted for file sharing i think it's quite a good thing. However i only got ADSL with an ul of only 15kb/s therefore i only share my 40GB of mp3s. However allowing my whole 15kb/s kills my dl rate so i use the netlimiter to only allow 9-10kb/s.

P

psymont

glo search was a program that let you type in what you are looking for and it searched all the hubs in DC .... last time i tried it though, it didnt work with the latest release of DC .... does anyone know how to do this now that glo doesnt work?

One Piece is great

Very funny and has some of the best characters around. The story can basically go on FOREVER and I like how even around the 80 episodes its still just as interesting (if not more so) then when the story is developing in the start.

And I'm not sure what its up to in Japan, but I think ep 180 is a good approx guess (probably higher). And the episodes all basically connect together which is amazing for something that long. (Not saying you're doom if you miss 1 episode since it doesn't connect that much, but more like they have some huge story arcs where 10+ episodes will connect together at a time)

I would love if this series was kept unlicensed but thats highly doubtful. One Piece is being fansubbed pretty slowly though - I mean if its 1 or 2 episodes a month (if we are lucky!) then catching up to where Japan is now is basically out of the question. I couldn't stand any voices other then the original Japanese cast though so thats probably my main reason for not wanting it licensed/dubbed.

Just to add in some advice - just get the episodes off of their mirc channel (I believe their website is www.kaizoku-fansubs.com/ for directions to their mirc chan). They have xdcc bots there that are extremely fast and more then 1 of them contains all the episodes starting from #1 - For anime its probably best to get off of mirc or bit torrent so you absolutely know for sure what you're getting. That and of course the hentai sites you know the passwords to usually has a nice anime selection :D

yes the worldwideinterweb sure has come a long way... i love my bt... im a kaizoku fansub fan, so i have been torturing myself and holding out for quality fansubs for almost a year now thanks to my habit of letting shows buffer to avoid nail biting all encompassing mind numbing bed wetting cliff hangers... i spent the whole weekend gorging myself on 43 epis of skypiea i have collected throughout the year... it was all worth it in the end... highly recommended

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Psymont 2.0 said:
anyone else this far?

This far behind you mean? :badbone: Episode 270 aired yesterday, it's pretty cool. Slowly catching up to the manga so they'll probably add some filler soon.

Anyway, I'd like you guys to cut the BT praising out. This thread up to Psymont's revival is basically worthless so it'd be nice if it could grow into something decent from now on. Like an actual discussion about One Piece, its story and characters, etc. You know what I mean. Otherwise I think I'll just trash it so we can have a fresh start.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Aazealh said:
This far behind you mean? :badbone: Episode 270 aired yesterday, it's pretty cool. Slowly catching up to the manga so they'll probably add some filler soon.

Anyway, I'd like you guys to cut the BT praising out. This thread up to Psymont's revival is basically worthless so it'd be nice if it could grow into something decent from now on. Like an actual discussion about One Piece, its story and characters, etc. You know what I mean. Otherwise I think I'll just trash it so we can have a fresh start.
I'd go for that.

But to answer the question: Yes, I finished the Skypea arc yesterday and am keeping track with the new stuff. I'd rather them give the season a break for a few seasons so the manga can try and finish this arc. I would not like to have filler smack dab in the middle of the most important arc in One Piece so far :miura:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Read the manga before even touching the anime. Seriously. The anime is great, but the manga is a stand alone piece of Gold. Join up with the anime once they get past the Alabasta arc :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
I'd rather them give the season a break for a few seasons so the manga can try and finish this arc. I would not like to have filler smack dab in the middle of the most important arc in One Piece so far

Yeah, filler sucks in general, although in One Piece I usually find it decent (i.e. watchable). I don't think they'll take a break for a few seasons anyway, the money loss would probably be abysmal.

Aazealh said:
This far behind you mean? :badbone:

Yeah I know... my local anime store has the chinese fansubs up to like epi 240 or so but i just dont feel like seeing "ruffy" kicking to crap out of "clocdill" while screaming "gluma gluma nah caking grun" etc etc... you know what i mean... so, i continue to torture myself and exercise great patience... i have been reading the manga along with the anime but still choose to wait for the epis just because they are done so well...

spoilers ahead:

for those that have finished skypiea but have not gotten any further: who do you think fixed the going merry to its original form on the alter? i dont have a clue as of yet... also, gol d rogers carving on the bell stand, did that mean that he had already found all the poneglyphs and put their collective knowledge on the last island?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Psymont 2.0 said:
Yeah I know... my local anime store has the chinese fansubs up to like epi 240

Haha yeah these HK subs are awful, and they're not worth buying no matter how cheap they're sold for.

Psymont 2.0 said:
for those that have finished skypiea but have not gotten any further: who do you think fixed the going merry to its original form on the alter?

That's a tricky question, although I had half-guessed it. Good luck on figuring who did it.

Psymont 2.0 said:
also, gol d rogers carving on the bell stand, did that mean that he had already found all the poneglyphs and put their collective knowledge on the last island?

From my vague memories, we don't know whether he found them all or not, but he could read them (something extremely unusual) and more importantly he read the Rio Poneglyph, the most important one (and the one Robin seeks). It can easily be deduced that it's on Raftel (the last island on the Grand Line and the place One Piece is supposedly at).

spoilers:

back before they entered the grandline, smoker had luffy well within his grasps and then a mysterious figure made it rain(i seem to remember) and enable luffy's escape... could be the same person or group who fixed the ship... could it be roger? i would be surprised if he was really dead...

any spectulation on rogers and luffy relationship or what the d. stands for?

another question about skypiea: giant jack was there before the vearth crash there right? wheres its base? in the ocean? another land below?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Psymont 2.0 said:
back before they entered the grandline, smoker had luffy well within his grasps and then a mysterious figure made it rain(i seem to remember) and enable luffy's escape... could be the same person or group who fixed the ship... could it be roger? i would be surprised if he was really dead...

That guy is called "Dragon," it's shown in a flashback in the manga. He's wanted by the World Government but his motives aren't clear. He seems to be able to control the weather. He can't be Roger or the mysterious person that fixed the ship, and actually I'd be surprised if Roger was still alive. I've always thought that he basically let himself be executed at the time, for some unknown reason. Being the strongest man on earth, if he had chosen to escape (or not to be captured) he could have.

Psymont 2.0 said:
any spectulation on rogers and luffy relationship or what the d. stands for?

There are several speculations about this. However to tell you everything I'd need to spoil you recent stuff that happened in the manga so... But at least you know that so far there are four people sporting that initial. Monkey D. Luffy, Portgas D. Ace, Gol D. Roger, and Blackbeard (Marshall D. Teach). Blackbeard was in Whitebeard's crew under Ace's command before he supposedly killed a teammate, that's the reason Ace is searching for him to kill him. He's the one that pursued Luffy and the others when they went to Skypiea.

Psymont 2.0 said:
another question about skypiea: giant jack was there before the vearth crash there right? wheres its base? in the ocean? another land below?

Good question, I'm not sure it's explained actually.

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
Anyone up to date in the manga?
This weeks chapter (418) should start the final phase of the Water7/Eneas Lobby arc...

Top Bottom