Resident Evil 5

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
At first I was just amused and delighted by this exchange between NightCrawler and Guts' intestines, and was ready to sit back with my popcorn and enjoy some more, but then something superseding in importance caught my eye, or, I should say, what I didn't see...

Guts' intestines said:
It was one of the few games I owned for Dreamcast, along with Powerstone 2, sonic adventure, and NBA 2k.

No Sword of the Berserk!? BUM BUUM BUUUMM :isidro: :puck: :miura: :???: :judo: :daiba:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
El Gaucho Rojo said:
I agree with everything you say, Aaz. RE5 seems like it's going to be so good I'd be an idiot to miss it... Which means I'll have to get a new gaming system. *sigh*

Hehe yeah, I've already resigned myself to do it... Now I'm wondering if I won't go play it at my brother's house on his huge HD TV instead. :ganishka:

El Gaucho Rojo said:
You brought up a really good idea (earlier in this thread, I think) about being disappointed that the Las Plagas didn't have a connection to the Nemesis parasite. The more I think about that, the more I like it. Maybe they'll connect the two somehow in this game.

Thanks, I actually have tons of simple ideas on how RE4's scenario could have been ameliorated. And yeah, I hope they'll link the two in this game, though from the early reports it seems it'll have to do with the Progenitor virus... All I hope is that it won't be a mess.

Guts' intestines said:
And sorry Aaz, I heard that the game won't have you buying weapons from a vendor, so that pretty much eliminates the possibility of us hearing the old, "Ello stranga, got some rare things on sale." I wonder how many people shot one of those merchants...

Ah well, too bad, but then that was to be expected. And it was always the same merchant, you know. :guts:

toolkid2112 said:
i think if re 1 had re4 gameplay it be so easy to beat.

Any old RE game with RE4's gameplay would be very easy to beat.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Somewhat ... related. IGN has posted the first 8 minutes of the new RE full CG movie: Degeneration: http://media.dvd.ign.com/media/142/14269199/vids_1.html

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Somewhat ... related. IGN has posted the first 8 minutes of the new RE full CG movie: Degeneration: http://media.dvd.ign.com/media/142/14269199/vids_1.html

Looks much better than I thought it'd be. Still not particularly impressive though.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
Somewhat ... related.  IGN has posted the first 8 minutes of the new RE full CG movie: Degeneration: http://media.dvd.ign.com/media/142/14269199/vids_1.html

Watched the first 8 minutes and the red band clip and it looks better then what it originally looked like, but still it looks terrible.
Also for someone that has been through a zombie event like that before, why doesn't Claire do something else besides stand there as she watches the zombies fall of the airplane?

i just read a interview from the producer of re5 that there a chance that akuma from street fighter will appear in re5 or a later title. well if they have him as a playable character itll be awesome decimating wesker and every enemy in the game. seriously wesker may think hes all bad ass and stuff but a fight with akuma hed get owned on

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
toolkid2112 said:
i just read a interview from the producer of re5 that there a chance that akuma from street fighter will appear in re5 or a later title. well if they have him as a playable character itll be awesome decimating wesker and every enemy in the game. seriously wesker may think hes all bad ass and stuff but a fight with akuma hed get owned on

wtf?! :???:

he'll probably be a prize for beating the game or something something to get people to play threw the game again. remember re2 had giant tofu capcom will do what they want

I highly doubt it, I have followed the RE series since RE2. I even have worked with fan sites in terms of news and coverage. I never heard of SF entering RE in any way. If you found a interview, its likely incorrect. I know CAPCOM has placed RE character in a few games, usually character compilation games. But never, ever, have they put a outside character into RE. So, I highly doubt its going to happen. Even in the past games, unlockable characters are characters related strictly to the RE series. Even Tofu. (He was the RE2 test model for the games early development.) I can't say your wrong without proving it with evidence, but until I see a interview with a reliable source I got to say your highly mistaking. No, big deal though. You definitely can't believe everything you read on the internet.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
toolkid2112 said:

Actually this was an EGM April Fools. But apparently, in a later interview, Jun Takeuchi appeared to seriously consider the possibility:

Later in a one-on-one interview, Takeuchi goes on to explain five of his favorite things about the Resident Evil series, the possibility of Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy showing up in the same game, and the idea of making another EGM April Fools joke -- Akuma in Resident Evil -- a reality. "That's a pretty good idea," he says. "Maybe we can make something out of that."

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170330

Remember that you should always check your sources and post them on the board to avoid being distrusted, toolkid2112.

Death May Die said:
I have followed the RE series since RE2.

What?! Not a first hour fan? I'm disappointed. :void:

i can see dead rising 2 having a higher chance at having crazy crossovers than resident evil. i also see how easy it would be to think akuma may show up in re 5 because ive noticed places like wiki and gametrailer people think its true. Even if not akuma theyll definatley put something that doesn't fit like wierd costumes and a crossover like they did with Regina with re3.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I just got finished playing the demo for 360 and of course the game is badass. There are two areas to play in the demo. The first part of the demo is very similar to the demo where you fight off a horde of baddies until a cutscene occurs. You get to fight the executioner at the end of the first part of the demo. The second demo is a little more slow paced with a little exploring and then you get to fight the chainsaw guy. I love the tag team gameplay and I would have been dead fifty times over if Sheva didn't keep revving me. The game ends if you are both in the "dying" state and one of you takes too much damage. During the fighting Sheva will come and give you ammo you she finds, and you can do the same for her. My bud doesn't have two controllers (LAME) so we didn't get a chance to play co-op, which is a huge drag. Great fun so far!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
So, is it very similar to RE4? I've heard that in a few places. That wouldn't necessarily be a BAD thing. Im just curious if they try to continue to innovate with this game, or are just polishing trodden territory.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Walter said:
So, is it very similar to RE4? I've heard that in a few places. That wouldn't necessarily be a BAD thing. Im just curious if they try to continue to innovate with this game, or are just polishing trodden territory.

It's RE4 with a cute female partner. Well, one that actually fights alongside you, not like stupid Ashley or whatever her name was.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind that demo is an old build, though it's clear the game takes RE4 as a model (nothing knew, we've known that from the start). Anyway, I've seen it run briefly and it looked pretty good to me. I should be able to give it an actual run in about 2 weeks. :guts:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
handsome rakshas said:
I love the tag team gameplay and I would have been dead fifty times over if Sheva didn't keep revving me.

So, from survival horror to AI revival horror :ganishka: Although i'm not that sure about the horror part anymore.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
NightCrawler said:
So, from survival horror to AI revival horror :ganishka: Although i'm not that sure about the horror part anymore.

But then again, i was always under the impression that Biohazard was way more focused on the "survival" part, not so much on the "horror" part.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
All the contextual attacks (Chris' Falcon Punch is still my fav)

Same here.

SimplyEd said:
But then again, i was always under the impression that Biohazard was way more focused on the "survival" part, not so much on the "horror" part.

Well, nowadays it's considered "Action-Horror", whatever that means.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Aazealh said:
Well, nowadays it's considered "Action-Horror", whatever that means.

As long as it doesn't turn into "horrible-action", i'm pretty much content with it. Though i have to say, i probably won't get frightened with that title. Or will i?
I guess it boils down to how much people liked/disliked RE4, since RE5 seems to go into that general direction.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SimplyEd said:
As long as it doesn't turn into "horrible-action", i'm pretty much content with it. Though i have to say, i probably won't get frightened with that title. Or will i?

Hehe, if you play it alone at night with the lights off, you might get a little frightened, who knows? :guts:

SimplyEd said:
I guess it boils down to how much people liked/disliked RE4, since RE5 seems to go into that general direction.

Yeah, pretty much. I loved RE4 myself so RE5's a must-buy. I just hope it'll be as long as RE4! :void:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
Is the demo region specific? I haven't seen it on PSN or atleast not yet.

For now it's exclusive to the Xbox 360 and to Japanese Xbox live Gold accounts. However it's floating around on the net and if you burn it to a CD (or have a Japanese Gold account) you can play it on any X360.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Aazealh said:
For now it's exclusive to the Xbox 360 and to Japanese Xbox live gold accounts. However it's floating around on the net and if you burn it to a CD you can play it on any X360.

Damn I only have a PS3 and a Wii, well I'll have to wait then.

Has anyone seen that Resident evil degeneration flick, it was eh, I'd make a thread for it in Movies and Books but it isn't worth it. Oh and how do they explain Chris being able to punch someone thirty feet away? Atleast Leon was doing realistic moves (albeit occasionally kicking someone's head off, or suplexing their skulls in).

Top Bottom