Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
TriFrog said:
Oh god, I was reading possible further movie ideas (the movies suck though) and they might end up fighting the japanese. poor Leon.. or Wesker in a movie.. so much blasphemy already.

I stopped watching those movies when I was in Iraq. Thankfully i'm not stupid enough to keep watching them either.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
damn it Aazealh! I'm buying a Wii. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.
You know you wanted one anyways so you can play sims with us all in it.

Omega Tom Hanks said:
I'll be geting one for christmas, but Im still keeping my 360 close to me.
I kinda wish i got a 360.. Me and a group of people were the some of the idiots to go camping at Walmart to get the wii when it first came out. The experience of doing it all was fun, but the wii purchase I half regret now, that is until Chronicles here gets released, and well Zelda was well worth it. Otherwise, besides these two games I'd say only Trauma Center and maybe Brawl is worth buying. Otherwise its all party games.

its funny how the wii is still hard to come buy though. I had a chance to get another one too, I was ina line for a second one without even realizing it when i just went to buy a ps2 game. I should have gotten it to sell on ebay.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Man, I saw a zombie fight in the room on the right of the police station entrance, now THAT'S exciting; I just wish this was straight up RE4 gameplay... my issue is that I'm ideologically opposed to any sort of gaming on rails, not even Rebel Assault is tolerated in my family. =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TriFrog said:
Otherwise, besides these two games I'd say only Trauma Center and maybe Brawl is worth buying. Otherwise its all party games.

Well there's also Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Sonic and the Secret of the Rings, Super Monkey Ball, Mario Strikers, Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Elebits, Madden, Table Tennis, RE4 if you haven't played it already, and then there's Super Mario Galaxy coming out soon, plus later on No More Heroes, Mario Kart Wii, Fire Emblem, NiGHTS, PES, Guitar Hero III, Battalion Wars 2, the new Trauma Center, Ghost Squad, Zack & Wiki, Wii love golf, Soul Calibur Legends, Monster Hunter 3, etc. I posted a link in the NDS thread that contains a list of the Wii games that'll come out in the next few months if you want, those are just from memory. I don't think it's hard to find games to play on the Wii.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
TriFrog said:
You know you wanted one anyways so you can play sims with us all in it.

I just want to cap some zombies in the face is that a crime!?

Griffith No More! said:
Man, I saw a zombie fight in the room on the right of the police station entrance, now THAT'S exciting; I just wish this was straight up RE4 gameplay... my issue is that I'm ideologically opposed to any sort of gaming on rails, not even Rebel Assault is tolerated in my family. =)

Yeah but you hate nearly every game that's been out in the last 10 years. Name at least three games you like!

Aazealh said:
Well there's also....

God damnit! *orders a Wii*

Griffith

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Yeah but you hate nearly every game that's been out in the last 10 years. Name at least three games you like!

Staying within the 10 year window you gave me: Fallout, Resident Evil 2, and Metal Gear Solid. =)

Aazealh said:
Well there's also Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Sonic and the Secret of the Rings, Super Monkey Ball, Mario Strikers, Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Elebits, Madden, Table Tennis, RE4 if you haven't played it already, and then there's Super Mario Galaxy coming out soon, plus later on No More Heroes, Mario Kart Wii, Fire Emblem, NiGHTS, PES, Guitar Hero III, Battalion Wars 2, the new Trauma Center, Ghost Squad, Zack & Wiki, Wii love golf, Soul Calibur Legends, Monster Hunter 3, etc. I posted a link in the NDS thread that contains a list of the Wii games that'll come out in the next few months if you want, those are just from memory. I don't think it's hard to find games to play on the Wii.

Aazealh, I don't think Trifrog's point (like my own long post coming up) were that there are "no" games on wii, its more of a "worth buying" scenario.

Like TriFrog's, my wii is dying of starvation from a lack of games. It's not that we aren't "in" the market or realize there is an actual selection, its that there's nothing that screams "$50, you made a good choice".

Leaving Nintendo's typical excellent first party resume, there's not much else to merrit my Wii purchase than why I chose not to get a Gamecube last generation. To further continue, a recent game informer article showed how many IPs were being created by each renowned company/developer in the gaming world since 2002. Sony had over 30, Capcom and other devs over 20, Nintendo had 17, Wii Play being the only one this year, less than Microsoft, also not counting already established IPS (Halo).

Now I'm not objecting the Wii has "good games", its a choice of "Why should I chose it over the competition?"
the ratio of "critically praised" games via Metacritic when compared to the Wii
X Box 360
Reviews averaging in the 90s: 8
Number of exclusives in that range (console wise): 5
70s-80s (counting X Box Live): 140
60s and below: 125
out of 273

Wii
Reviews averaging in the 90s: 3
Number of exclusives not on another previous console: 1
70s-80s: 25
60s and Below: 63
out of 91

Now I see some faces stating the obvious "well Wrong!, the 360 has been out a year over the Wii" and obviously this does account a massive difference. However, I'm not arguing a "which console is better for the next five years", I'm simply stating my own perspective. I can go out looking for Wii games tomorrow, and only about 30 of which could actually be considered worth trying (less emphasis on the "review" facts when I'm getting at this). However, that leaves a virtual minefield of 60+ games that might just be a waste of time. My 360, on the other hand, is not over weighed by its negatives, but rather equaled and with a -massive- number. I can play twister with my choices and whatever color and hand I land on is most surely a safe bet.

It's not based on statistics for me, its just my own side. I go through these aisles, I'm overwhelmed with choices for the 360 side. As I venture to the Wii, I'm overcome with doubt and concern I could have just bought a better game on the 360. Its not to say the Wii won't be getting any good games either, obviously first party titles will continue to deliver, and I will be getting delicious Umbrella Chronicles, but my 360 isn't stopping. Assassin's Creed, Resident Evil 5, Too Human, Mass Effect? They're still coming, all look promising. So yes, the choices are much harder than a simple "but the wii -has- games".

Throwing console politics aside, its looking great. I am leery of rail shooters, Killer 7 (and thus doubt for anything Suda 51 including his DS games) had a terrific atmosphere but terrible gameplay, hopefully NMH will work there. I still hold a little "survivor" doubt in RE UC, hopefully that's just baseless fear.

Griffith

Phoenix Wrong! said:
I'm simply stating my own perspective. I can go out looking for Wii games tomorrow, and only about 30 of which could actually be considered worth trying (less emphasis on the "review" facts when I'm getting at this). However, that leaves a virtual minefield of 60+ games that might just be a waste of time. My 360, on the other hand, is not over weighed by its negatives, but rather equaled and with a -massive- number. I can play twister with my choices and whatever color and hand I land on is most surely a safe bet.

It's not based on statistics for me, its just my own side. I go through these aisles, I'm overwhelmed with choices for the 360 side. As I venture to the Wii, I'm overcome with doubt and concern I could have just bought a better game on the 360. Its not to say the Wii won't be getting any good games either, obviously first party titles will continue to deliver, and I will be getting delicious Umbrella Chronicles, but my 360 isn't stopping. Assassin's Creed, Resident Evil 5, Too Human, Mass Effect? They're still coming, all look promising. So yes, the choices are much harder than a simple "but the wii -has- games".

The point I got out of all this is that video game shopping is hard for neurotics in any case. :troll:

P.S. On that note, it's only fair to admit I don't own a 360, Wii, or PS3, nor did I ever own an original X-Box, GameCube, or PS2. That's the great thing about only pulling the diamonds out of the dungheap, I don't worry about which pile, how big it is, or how much corn is in it. =)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I just want to cap some zombies in the face is that a crime!?
Of course not! If you didn't like to do that now THAT would be a crime.
Griffith No More! said:
Staying within the 10 year window you gave me: Fallout, Resident Evil 2, and Metal Gear Solid. =)
Resident Evil 2 will always be one of if not my favorite game ever. Metal gear is close behind though.
Phoenix Wrong! said:
Aazealh, I don't think Trifrog's point (like my own long post coming up) were that there are "no" games on wii, its more of a "worth buying" scenario.
Yes this is basically it. There are tuns of games worth playing but the ones I mentioned in my opinion anyways are worth buying to replay, that is unless maybe you have alot of people who you can repeatedly play drunk'n Wario Ware with or something, that I would understand buying then.

Also I forgot about Mario kart. I hope that doesn't turn out like double dash =/ and Fire Emblem, I'm a fan of the series too, yet very sadly i didn't even beat the GC one yet xD i should really do that already seeing as the new ones a sequel i think.
The others i will most likely play, maybe even beat but I'm not sure if I'll make the purchase of them. But hey you never know. I'm not sayng I wouldn't/don't want to play them though =)

Griffith No More! said:
That's the great thing about only pulling the diamonds out of the dungheap, I don't worry about which pile, how big it is, or how much corn is in it. =)
kind of missing the entire point. I don't "wade" in the cesspool of any console, I'm picky about my choices. I don't have time (or hence the point, money) to shell out $50 on games that "might" be good for an hour or two or "might" be ok. In this nature I rely on the opinions of friends and reviews to help make my decision, but when it comes down to it, at this point and time there are far more "Diamond" choices with my 360 than with my Wii. Because you have a difference of preference in determining game quality or owning consoles is still pretty irrelevant to what I stated. :carcus:

Griffith

Phoenix Wrong! said:
kind of missing the entire point.

That's not surprising since I never even really addressed it, I was simply pointing out some unintended comedy and separately making a point of my own.

Anyway, I do find some of what you're saying now contradictory to the sentiments in your previous post, it's almost like your point was irrelevant to your own preference in determining game/console choice (maybe you're missing your own point =). While more good games is of course better than less, there's a point of diminishing returns, as in, how many you're actually going to buy. After that point the numbers and ratio of good to bad isn't so important as the individual titles you want and which system they are available on; what good games is more important than how many or perceived overall goodness (it's only important in that your piece of the pie is more likely covered). Beyond that, the rest of the macro-level stuff is irrelevant except to overall system health, for the sake of your investment (which, as you know, isn't a concern for me). Anyway, like you said, all these points are basically moot due to the individual subjectivity involved, but remember, from my perspective, none of these systems are worth purchase at the moment. Why'd you buy a Wii anyway, sucker? =)

You should become even more finicky and eccentric about these things like me, you're still relatively wading in the muck, I don't worry about systems at all because I don't even own one! I just buy the games I want to play regardless! It's great! I swear, I'm not crazy! HAHAHAHA!!! :ganishka:

P.S. Okami for Wii. Who's getting it? I never got to try it because the busted ass first gen PS2 I borrowed from my ex girlfriend's brothers just gave me disc read errors; there are drawbacks to my gaming approach. =)

P.P.S. On topic, replaying RE3.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Phoenix Wrong! said:

The games I listed are all worth buying by most people's standards. If you or your girlfriend don't like them for personal reasons it's not really my concern.

Phoenix Wrong! said:
Leaving Nintendo's typical excellent first party resume

Why would you do that, when currently a lot of their games are the ones worth buying (since a lot of third party developers got on the bandwagon late and the games will only start coming out next year)? Only to try and prove a point that we know is wrong anyway? Please don't spoil this thread with your usual bullshit. The "statistics" part was especially ridiculous (the way you twisted the numbers to make them say what you wanted). The best is that like Griffith said, you contradict yourself in the following post.

Phoenix Wrong! said:
the choices are much harder than a simple "but the wii -has- games".

No, no it's not. TriFrog said it doesn't have games and it does. That's it. You don't have to be overprotective about it, this is just a friendly discussion.

Anyway, in an effort to bring this back on topic, I'm looking forward to hearing your renewed opinion of RE3, Griff.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Anyway, in an effort to bring this back on topic, I'm looking forward to hearing your renewed opinion of RE3, Griff.

Better yet to be even more on topic. I'm looking forward to shooting Nemesis in the face with an Uzi/Wii remote.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Better yet to be even more on topic. I'm looking forward to shooting Nemesis in the face with an Uzi/Wii remote.

Haha yeah, that promises to be very enjoyable. :guts:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Haha yeah, that promises to be very enjoyable. :guts:

It's sort of like revenge in a way. Specially for all the times Nemesis beat the shit out of me. I still don't know how I beat that game, seeing as how I fucking suck at the older RE games.

One thing I'm looking forward to is playing Wesker. Not just the bad ass aspect of it, but getting to see his escape of the mansion and following story line.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
It's sort of like revenge in a way. Specially for all the times Nemesis beat the shit out of me.

Unfortunately I think they'll follow the original game and make you run away while he tries to blast you for a while. Damn, all this talk makes me want to play it again. :void:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
One thing I'm looking forward to is playing Wesker. Not just the bad ass aspect of it, but getting to see his escape of the mansion and following story line.

Yeah, I hope they really work on those parts and make them memorable. All in all there's a lot of potential in that game and Capcom seems to be aware of it, hopefully they'll deliver on their promises. So far 2 levels are confirmed to be playable as Wesker.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Unfortunately I think they'll follow the original game and make you run away while he tries to blast you for a while. Damn, all this talk makes me want to play it again. :void:

Damn... Sadly I can see that happening.

Yeah, I hope they really work on those parts and make them memorable. All in all there's a lot of potential in that game and Capcom seems to be aware of it, hopefully they'll deliver on their promises. So far 2 levels are confirmed to be playable as Wesker.

Hopefully there's more for Wesker I'm really looking forward to killing zombies as him.

Oh yeah did you know Hunk was on youtube? http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tjo3qP-D150

Griffith

Aazealh said:
Damn, all this talk makes me want to play it again. :void:

RE3.gif

From Gamespot:
Based on what we played, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles is still promising, thanks to the RE franchise's rich lore. The visuals are looking good and the audio sets a good atmosphere. Our only gripe is that the game's targeting and overall responsiveness still seem a bit off. Hopefully this is tweakable in the game's settings. Fans of the RE series, or Wii Zapper owners looking for titles to use their peripherals with, will want to keep an eye out for the game when it ships.

Top Bottom