Silent Hill: The Movie!

Yea, this movie is actually looking damn sweet right now, can't wait to see it.

Gonna have to replay the silent hill's (all of em :p) before I do though.

I only finished Silent hill 1, and got about 65% through silent hill 2, I never did play 3 or 4 though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Stiler said:
I only finished Silent hill 1, and got about 65% through silent hill 2...
How'd you stop? 1 is my personal favorite. Though, 2 has its shining moments of atmospheric creepiness, especially with the amazing fog. However, 2 is a little too melodramatic for me.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
the first one on PS1 was the only one I played. I played it through all of it (I think?) and I remember it was a great game. I always meant to pick up the second and so on, but I guess I kind of forgot about it.

With all this talk about Silent Hill I want to get my grubby little hands on the rest of the games and play through them :)

Wraith King

I exist in the shadow of my unrealized dream
So the first ones really good then.. darn ive only played through the second and a little of the room, so you guys would recommend the first then?

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Yeah. I don't remember much of it (parts I do remember would be the beggining where you are wandering around before you have any weapons, and "something" happens. Won't spoil it for those who dont know. I also remember when you wander around inside that school, and this creepy aparation-like thing appears randomly in some rooms..)

I suggest playing it, I had lots of fun and you can probably find it for a dollar in the right places.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Wraith King said:
So the first ones really good then.. darn ive only played through the second and a little of the room, so you guys would recommend the first then?

I consider the first Silent Hill MANDATORY playing. Please for the love of Samael get your ass out and buy a copy. It is the only SH that gave me a scare.
Also, I recommend playing the third one, if only to see the fetus scene!  :schierke:

Edit: I just read that Akira Yamaoka will be at the Chicago Play! A Videogame Symphony!
I might actually go to this one because of this great news. Its being done by the same folks who presented the Final Fantasy concert a while back. This is good news indeed!

Double Edit: Btw, Pyramid Head looks sexy as hell. I can't wait!

King-2E

I'll kick him in the head
Tasteful use of atmosphere will perpetuate the pace. Good and varied use of the grainy filters, the aforementioned fog, ambient music, dialogue(specifically, the lack there of)- etc. Sadly these qualities usually make for a un-interesting, slow moving movie.

More imoprtantly, I think only die hards will want to see it, and the bore factor will hopefully scare away the large audience through word of mouth so we can avoid the even more dreaded "videogame to movie; sequel"

Keeping my hopes up for a cult classic, but I think we've gotta be realistic and expect the worst.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Vaxillus sez:

Wait for a review. If it's good then see it. If not, then don't give your money to people dedicated to robbing the video game industry of its decency.

Meathook

The World Eaters are here to save us!
I don't know if you guy would find this useful, but some one up above posted a pic of pyramid head. I know i got a larger one around here some where. Let me just rummage around here and ding here we go.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/Meathook2/1140306530910.jpg

Wraith King

I exist in the shadow of my unrealized dream
Well im glad im not the only fan of Jacobs Ladder.. oh yeah and that link works - but not well.. those are some pritty weird Pyramid Head pics.. the weird thing about him in the game is whenever you try to shoot him it bounces off the pyramid but why isnt it possible to shoot him in ohh say.. the crotch?

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Wraith King said:
Well im glad im not the only fan of Jacobs Ladder.. oh yeah and that link works - but not well.. those are some pritty weird Pyramid Head pics.. the weird thing about him in the game is whenever you try to shoot him it bounces off the pyramid but why isnt it possible to shoot him in ohh say.. the crotch?

Because that would always be a one-hit kill, duh :p

But seriously, I really don't know; probably just to add more challenge for the player?

those pics are pretty neat by the way.

I went and saw UltraViolet, and my review is in that thread, but there was a trailer for Silent Hill in it. It was freakin awesome! I can't wait to see the movie!!!!!! :guts:

There also was a trailer for the remake of The Omen, it looked pretty cool.

- C

More Pics:

exclusive_silent_hill.jpg

AICNexclusiveSH.jpg

Top Bottom