Spider-Man 3/Black Costume

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
What about Rhino and Mysterio? They're awesome.

You mean Vin Deisel (or the rock) and ...um... anyone (for mysterio)?
Yea, they're great if the movie was 5 minutes long (including opening credits and closing credits)...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
What about Rhino and Mysterio? They're awesome.

I agree, I'm actually pretty excited about the Sandman being one of the villains. Does anyone know for absolutely sure if he's the one that's going to be featured throughout the movie? All I've seen on him is the publicity photo that was released. As far as villains go, I'd be excited to see them do Venom and I trust Sam Raimi to at least make him a quality villain even if he's not exactly like in the comics (although the prospect of Ultimate Venom does cause me to shudder, but I guess we'll see how things turn out in another year). Like CnC said, Raimi's crew has a pretty good track record with movies 1 and 2 (although I thought movie 1 wasn't as well done, but that's just my opinion).

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
I would kind of like Hammerhead to be in one of the movies. Dunno why, but he was one of the few spidey villains I actually remember from when I used to be a spidey fan (which was a good while ago).

Not that I don't like Spiderman now :) The movies have been nicely done, I just prefer Berserk over the masked-web-slinger any day.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Rhombaad said:
  Does anyone know for absolutely sure if he's the one that's going to be featured throughout the movie? 

yes

"Griffith No More!" said:
As far as baddies go, I wouldn't even do Sandman, on account of the trouble to bring him to the big screen (and the fact that it might not work no matter how well they do it).

well according to a news i read on internet raimi wants to try a new "technologie" for the sandman visual effect! something like a new kind of cgi but better?! dunno what it is but im curious to see if its actually better then the cgi that im tired of seing! hah

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
CnC said:
Well, I can understand preference going to the older villians.  However, on that vein, I think we're pretty much out of interesting villians.  It was hard enough for me to believe in the bond that Peter Parker had with Octavius (good acting was pretty much what saved it), let alone the potential bonds that are supposed to make the next couple of villians insteresting. 

While cool looking, Carnage isn't interesting at all. Pretty much an "edgier" venom.

Yeah, he and Venom, well, Eddie Brock have always kind of sucked character-wise IMO. The key to their success is mainly that they're so iconic (characters like Sandman.. not so much, that's why I think they're a mistake). So, since they're going to BS and change all the origins and character relationships anyway (and it's a movie, so it's not like they're going to devote so much time to the depth of the bad guy's characer), they might as well choose the most iconic villains for the big screen because they'll be more effective. Carnage the insane killer monster will make a lot more sense than these characters with motivations that end up seeming shallow and half-baked anyway in a 2 hour flick (did anyone really feel for the Doc in the last movie?). In the public's eye, Venom is Spider-Man's Joker, so they should just do it and make it good.

I don't even mind ultimate Venom or Topher Grace as Eddie Brock, as long as it looks like Venom in action. I'm kinda looking forward to it, actually. :guts:

Click image for alternate. Images provided by Wally B.​

CnC said:
And I'm gonna go ahead and say "Nay" on the new publicity photo.  Thats just moody, not venom.

I disagree, it's not even supposed to be Venomous, so to speak. It's just Spider-Man in a black suit; it suggests a darker turn for the third movie and at least they're trying something different. Would you rather have another random red and blue Spidey swinging by some buildings shot? Don't penalize them for actually giving us something interesting in the publicity shot.

I think we're so used to YA's Berserk previews we can't even stomach good ones anymore (or maybe it's made me easy, I don't know).

"Shouldn't the preview be something like Kirsten Dunst with a surprised look on her face?"

Anyway, this would be my choice for the publicity poster...

sandman.jpg

Sexy! :carcus:

Omg I cant believe you said Carnage wouldnt be interesting? Man in the comics Cassidy was dark, serial rapist/murderer turned super villan was pretty rad when I first read it. It would probably put a much darker mood on the whole series. Not to mention the fact that carnage was the one who could make his arms into pretty much liquid weapons. To see that in a battle would be awesome. Now that I think about it they probably wouldnt do it. THe animation required to do a good job and still be combat intuitive could probably only be done in an anime. Venom would be okay, I mean they kinda have to do it considering when you think spiderman most people think venom, not Kingpin. I was always the kid who when everyone was like aww man venoms badass. I was like you gotta be kidding me? Its always ended up Spidey AND Venom trying to stop carnage.

Griffith

osca said:
Omg I cant believe you said Carnage wouldnt be interesting? Man in the comics Cassidy was dark, serial rapist/murderer turned super villan was pretty rad when I first read it. It would probably put a much darker mood on the whole series. Not to mention the fact that carnage was the one who could make his arms into pretty much liquid weapons. To see that in a battle would be awesome.

Yeah, murders and liquid (metal) weapons; we've never see that before at the cinema. Though, considering how light and fun the Spider-Man movies are, that would be pretty effective. Spider-Man should be the mainstream blockbuster super hero to tackle the serial rape scene. =)

Anyway, I still think Carnage would be too much ( it would get ridiculous with both Carnage and Venom running around, it did in the comics). I think a more thoughtful and intellectually challenging villain for Spider-Man would be interesting. So far, they've just been crazy. Goblin worked because of amusing hero/villain father/son stuff and Dafoe's general insanity, but Doc Oc was just a conflicted bore. I'd like to see an ideological villain that maybe Spider-Man even sympathizes with, but whose methods he can't tolerate.

Their best bet as it stands now is the Harry Goblin since he has a personal relationship and sordid history with both Spider-Man and Peter Parker.

osca said:
Now that I think about it they probably wouldnt do it. THe animation required to do a good job and still be combat intuitive could probably only be done in an anime.

Why? And why anime?  It isn't exactly the ultimate display of realistic looking movement, even in a stylized context. Anyway, if they can do Spidey on the big screen, they can do Spidey with T-1000 powers and more red. Plus, he's totally out out of this World looking so you could even get away with him looking all shiney and CGI skinned and have it fly because he's some kind alien symbiote Picasso piece. You can't lose, really. On the other hand, everyone knows what sand looks like; Sandman will be even more challenging.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Their best bet as it stands now is the Harry Goblin since he has a personal relationship and sordid history with both Spider-Man and Peter Parker.

Second, just the idea of having a sloppy villain orgy on a flick takes away my interest. If there is a 3rd party involved in this I go for the whole "Harry turns goodie-goodie again and saves the day theory" here. But off course, I'm just pulling this one out of my ass. A more personal conflict would definitely make things more eeerrr interesting than the previous one.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I disagree, it's not even supposed to be Venomous, so to speak. It's just Spider-Man in a black suit; it suggests a darker turn for the third movie and at least they're trying something different. Would you rather have another random red and blue Spidey swinging by some buildings shot? Don't penalize them for actually giving us something interesting in the publicity shot.

I'm not saying its a bad shot. I like it a lot. I'm just saying its not "the" black suit for the symbiote. Its definitely a moody picture an I dig it.

Nomad said:
Second, just the idea of having a sloppy villain orgy on a flick takes away my interest. If there is a 3rd party involved in this I go for the whole "Harry turns goodie-goodie again and saves the day theory" here. But off course, I'm just pulling this one out of my ass. A more personal conflict would definitely make things more eeerrr interesting than the previous one.

Yea, kinda my argument earlier. The good villians were the ones who had a relateable backstory or relationship with the hero. Its just a matter of time (assuming there ARE 6 movies) before it gets all batman and we see 2 (!) villians per movie. Next thing you know, its in Joel Schumacher's hands and New York's made of neon.

FateINwaiting

Berserk must be mine!
Picture is black and white probably just for forshadowing purposes =D i my self don't think thats what the black costume will look like and if it is its ok with me either way.

Its supposed to be Sandman, Venom, and Harry as the GG in Spiderman 3 with Felicia Harty coming in, though I dont think as the Black Cat. Brock is supposed to die at the end, but the symbiote is supposed to live on... whatever that means.

Griffith

HawaiianStallion said:
Its supposed to be Sandman, Venom, and Harry as the GG in Spiderman 3 with Felicia Harty coming in, though I dont think as the Black Cat. Brock is supposed to die at the end, but the symbiote is supposed to live on... whatever that means.

Can you please share your sources so we can all know why it's supposed to be?

Well maybey the way im seeing it is making the Murders/Rapes a bit more dark. It would be like making a Batman movie based on the Dark Knight sketches. Its raw, probably how a superhero would be in real life.

Anyway on the subject of a good villian you could do Morbius I guess. I mean that would work if they brought in Felicia. But I wasnt really a fan of that whole arc. It would be cool to do the spidey when he starts to lose control of his powers but, Im still a huge supporter of the FFA between Carnage, Spidey and Venom. Fuck lets just do the whole lot Hybird, Carnage, Venom, Shriek, Toxin, Riot, Scream, Lasher, Phage. Am I missing one? Hell you could do Chameleon, then skip to the whole Red Skull-Captain America Arc. I dunno I cant see the series going on much longer unless they either brought in Kingpin, with Vulture, Electro, Rhino, and Scorpion. But that was also only good for the series.

Can you please share your sources so we can all know why it's supposed to be?

Here's Sandman:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21754

Here was the stuff about the storyline but Sony asked it to be removed so its only the sites comments on the "interview"

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22569

I'm not a Spiderman fan...i'll watch the movies because a good friend makes me watch them...but I don't hate them either. Anyways, regarding the the issue with Sandman and CGI. What about The Mummy..although it's been awhile since I've seen them thank god)...wasn't the sand effects ok for all the years ago it was released. I'm sure it would look as good and better being done now....that's all i have to say.

Griffith

HawaiianStallion said:
Here's Sandman:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21754

Here was the stuff about the storyline but Sony asked it to be removed so its only the sites comments on the "interview"

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22569

Well, I've seen Sandman, too bad those other pics got yanked. Anyway, isn't there like a spiderman.net that's collecting all this and other reliable info so it's not just speculation spread over message boards?

http://www.spiderman.net/

Ugh!

CnC

Ad Oculos
lol at the .net thing. thats hilarious.

HawaiianStallion said:

Well its a good thing they're already starting to compile villians together to make it more interesting. :schierke:
...that way they don't have to worry about a plot.

jackson_hurley

i'm telling you guys i'm pretty sure felicia hardy wont be in the third movie..that'd be too much new character to the franchise..

and sandman effect wont be done with cgi at least not the one thats use for the moment its a new technologie (supposed to be)

a movie with carnage would implied a forth movie cause its too complicated for just one movie...

as a huge huge huge spider-man fan i would really like a movie in wich spider-man would fight agaisnt a small villain (lets say the shocker or rhino) right in the begenning just to show that he's used to fight villains now! that would be cool!

or a movie with the sinister 6 or frigthfull four!

I like this series so far. I just have two gripes with it.

1. They need to drop the morality lectures about being a hero or whatever it is that Aunt May and doctors are always talking about. They get old fast.

2. Spider man isn't superman, he shouldn't be able to stop a train with his legs.

Griffith

mike.william said:
2.  Spider man isn't superman, he shouldn't be able to stop a train with his legs.

More interesting is that he couldn't knock out Doc Oc when he's just a regular guy with tenticles in the movie. You'd think Spider-Man would kill him if he actually hit him that many times. =)

jackson_hurley

You'd think Spider-Man would kill him if he actually hit him that many times. =)

yeah spider-man is always holding back is punch! well in the comics at least
mike.william said:
2. Spider man isn't superman, he shouldn't be able to stop a train with his legs.

yeah again in the comics i've seen him holding a building on his shoulder (well acting as one of the beems that support the building so i guess he could pretty much stop a train! and in the movie he didnt stop the train with his leg but with his webbing :p

Top Bottom