Spider-Man 3/Black Costume

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
One thing that bothered me in Spider Man 2 was that scene when Doc Oc is knocked out or something, and all those doctors are examining him. Then the tenticles kick in, and they start berserking on all the doctors/scientists. That one girl doctor towards the end who falls on the ground and gets dragged by a tenticle, her nails scrape right into the metal flooring. Like right into it, gouging out deep marks and shredding up solid steel with just nails? Someone must have some pretty strong nails haha.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Spidey's no slouch when it comes to strength. He's fought the Hulk, for chrissake. I felt the train scene in Spider-man 2 was within the boundaries set in the comics.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, I didn't think it was out of the ordinary either. It wasn't easy for him by any means. Like I said, stranger was his trading blows with Doc Oc who, tenticles aside, was just a guy.

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
Yeah, I didn't think it was out of the ordinary either. It wasn't easy for him by any means. Like I said, stranger was his trading blows with Doc Oc who, tenticles aside, was just a guy.

rediculously strong legs. problem solved.

but yea, its not too wise to get overly technical in a world where people get bit by spiders then can walk on walls, develop sixth senses, etc.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QykO6Jj-_Ug&search=spider-man

Spider-man 3: The Animation.

PS: WE ARE VENOM NOW! Brock is so awesome in the third part of this (:carcus:).

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
CnC said:
ah, the memories...

shit yeah! haha i bought the vhs of these 3 episode for 2 bucks the other day haha how happy am i with that! also got a few old issues draw by mcfarlane before he was big and started to do nothing anymore! aaaahh im like a kid in a candy factory! haha

Rhombaad said:
Unfortunately, I smell Ultimate Venom. :judo:

How would they work in that storyline though?

IMO I think they are going to go the Cartoon route, have Jameson's son bring it back from a space trip and then have spider-man "acquire" the symbiote.

Then go through the whole Eddie brock/church switch and such.

If they were indeed going the ultimate venom route (which imo would really really suck) then that'd be something they'd have to work in from the previous movies....

IMDB's like Wikipedia, it's mostly ran by the users. They can edit/add plot outlines/actors/actresses, etc as long as you're one of the paying subscribers. So I'd take that info with a grain of salt until sony/the director/writer or such gets into it.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Hmmm...looks interesting, but as you guys said, it might not be accurate. If, however, this is the actual plot it sounds pretty enjoyable to me.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
indeed sounds interesting but i think imo that it will differ a bit from that one and by that i mean that the green goblin will probably end up a good guy at the end before dying... that could really work and it would fit a bit with what actually happen in the comics...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/large.html

Spiderman 3 teaser, we see the black suit, the bell tower scene, Green Goblin, Sandman, but no real sign of Venom.

CnC

Ad Oculos
HawaiianStallion said:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/large.html

Spiderman 3 teaser, we see the black suit, the bell tower scene, Green Goblin, Sandman, but no real sign of Venom.

Thats a lot to cover. I'm guessing theres gonna be a cliffhanger. But thats a cool teaser. I like it
Thanks

Griffith

Wow, cheese explosion! I can dig. :guts:

BTW, I didn't even recognize Topher Grace until long after having watched it, I just thought it was the evil cool incarnation of Peter Parker. =)

P.S. And Sandman, yeah, still a poor choice.

S

smoke

I thought Spiderman 1 was pretty lame, but number two was really firing on all cylinders. If they can keep the momentum from number two going into three, it should be pretty enjoyable, even though Sandman is a fag.

SYMBIOTENESS!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
BTW, I didn't even recognize Topher Grace until long after having watched it, I just thought it was the evil cool incarnation of Peter Parker. =)
Nah, EVIL PARKER has the distinctive emo hair in his face.
judo-emo.gif
Is it just me or is Gwen Stacy (OR HER CLONE?!) sort of... meh looking? Also, I got a good lol at lil'Osborne and his neon green Goblin snowboard. What a tubuluar dood he's shaped up to be XD .

All in all, it looks good. Sandman does seem sort of tacked on, at the moment. But I have a strong feeling he'll just be the perfect villain for Parker to beat the shit out of with his newfound powers, once he gets the Black Costume (will he step OVER THE EDGE?!). I just hope Raimi isn't juggling too much at once. To me, the balance he struck between events in Spider-man 2 was JUUUUUUST enough. Then again, I have faith he can pull it off.

Griffith

Well, for those wondering what's going to happen or how they'll pull this all off, I read a possibly spoiler-filled script summary on the SA forums that makes the general info that's out there seem simple by comparison. Basically, if true, it shows how they can wrap this all up in one movie (along a few things you probably wouldn't expect, or like for that matter). Here's the MASSIVE SPOILER BOMB for anyone that cares to know, simply highlight the magic block of text below:

*WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW!
DO NOT HIGHLIGHT AND TAKE TIME TO READ 1000+ WORD SUMMARY ONLY TO REALISE,
"SHIT, THAT SPOILED THE MOVIE FOR ME!"*​

About 13 pages into the script you already get introduced to the Sandman, the alien symbiote and Green Goblin 2. The Alien symbiote comes from a meteor and it happens to touch and follow peter home without his knowledge. So it just sits in his apartment waiting....

Anyhow. we get an early fight with GG2 and Spidey that has Spidey on the recieving end of an ass kicking only to get turned around as GG2 gets pushed into a narrow alley and runs head first into a spider web clothes line hanging and almost killing Harry. Peter saves him and Harry doesn't remember much. So chalk up another mind wipe in the comic world. Flint gets turned into Sandman as he is being chased into a molecular test site and bam... becomes sandman.

MJ's career isn't doing so hot and she is a bit jealous of all the fame that Spiderman is getting. At the same time Peter is trying to find a way to propse to MJ. Gwen Stacy steps in as Peter Parker's tuter student since they both have Doctor Connors class together. She is also played up as a slut in the script and has dated Brock in the past but was nothing serious. She also introduces Spiderman during a "Spiderman Day" event and pulls an upside down kiss. This whole thing doesn't last long as Sandman is highjacking an armored truck. Spiderman kicks in and attempts to save the day. Think of this fight like the sandstorm in Mummy 2. The fight ends with Sandman getting away but not before Brock gets a snap shot of a "defeated" spiderman. When Peter finally figures out how to propse to MJ he takes her to this coffee joint and Gwen comes in only to ask Peter if he has that picture where she is kissing spiderman upside down. This does not please MJ at all.

Oh, side note... Brock, who from the script was hired only a week before (error already) and Peter are fighting for one of the staff positions on the bugle. Both are taking photos of spiderman only Brock's don't paint him in a pretty light. At the same time Aunt May and Peter are taken to the police station for some shocking news. Seems that Uncle ben's killer from the first film wasn't actually his killer. Just some guy that helped. The real killer is... You guessed it.. Sandman. So now Peter gets it personal with Sandman. He's pretty much hunting him down with no luck. Sittting by police scanners just incase. Even pushes MJ away when she tries to comfort him. He falls asleep curled up with the police scanner and this is the perfect time for the alien symbiote to make its move.. He wakes up the next morning high above the city in his black costume With the power that the alien costume gives him he easily tracks down Sandman and a massive battle goes on eventually leading to Sandman getting a load of water hit on him.

Spiderman goes back to the apartment where he meets the russian dude who bugs him for rent.. only this time Peter aint taking no ****. He tells off the guy and you see a hint of the aliens true form with the teeth and what not before he takes it off. MJ gets a new job and goes to Harry first since Peter is pushing her away. At this point Harry starts to remember everything. MJ and Harry kiss and she bolts out the door after realizing what she just did. When she gets back to her apartment there is someone waiting for her.. Green Goblin 2. He makes her make Peter meet them some place so he could force her to break up with him and go with Harry under threat of hurting Peter. Peter is suffering from the roid rage that the alien costume brings about and doesn't care. He also comfronts Brock who has been doctoring photos of spiderman. Peter proves this and gets him fired. Peter also takes the costume to doctor connors who has a lot of Lizard stuff up on the walls.. hint hint..

Next day he's going out with Gwen stacy to where MJ works as a singer where her dad is hitting her up for cash. He steals her spotlight and Gwen picks up that he's doing it to just get back at MJ and she runs out. Peter doesn't give a **** and goes off on them. MJ's dad doesn't like this and steps up to Peter. He takes him out and stops only after hitting MJ. He realizes it's the suit that is making him do these things and decides to get rid of it. Just so happens he web slings to the top of a church and attempts to get it off with no luck. Even more lucky that Brock is in the church inside. Beyond lucky is that the church bells ring and the costume melts away... and lands in Brocks hands.

Brock finds sandman and makes the team up happen to get rid of Spiderman. They kidnap Gwen Stacy and take her up a 70 story building for the classic drop scene. Both sandman and venom start kicking the living **** out of spiderman leading to MJ to beg Harry to help him. He comes to the rescue as Venom is about to impale him. Pumpkin bomb after pumpkin bomb the battle rages on. Gwen is dropped and only a matter of feet away from death she is saved without any neck injury to boot. She goes to kiss him again but Spiderman turns her down. Venom is about to impale spiderman again but Harry gets in the way taking the force.

There's a subplot about sandman doing all the crimes to raise money for his kids health but who cares about that stuff besides it's the kid who eventually tells sandman to stop kicking spiderman's ass. Venom is also shanked. So the Alien costume leaves Eddie and goes after spiderman. Peter remembers about the bell and starts hitting the bars making the noise eventually winning the battle.

MJ, Gwen and Peter are all still alive but sadly Harry isn't. At the very least Harry did forgive peter just before he died.

[/color]ends with Peter and Gwen together at MJ's funeral like the ending to the first film.

Oops, SPOILED! :troll:

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
well if they get around to killing off MJ they'll at least shock the current fans the way the old fans got shocked when Gwen died.

Sounds cool to me, except for that crap about.... ***SPOILERS*** Sandman killing Uncle Ben. It's like Batman all over again. First they say Joker killed the Waynes, then a few movies later they say it was Two-Face. wtf?

(Edited by Walter for spoiler content. Copy+paste the text to read.)

i have seen every superhero movie in the theatre (besides elecktra which was actually better than daredevil) that these studios pimps pumped out over the last ten years and have been completely diesappointed by every single one with the exception of spiderman (didnt like x1, liked x2, would kill the director of x3 if i had a chance)... batman left me with mixed feelings... i loved that they snuck in ras ah gul (sp?) without making it obvious in the commercials, but something still didnt sit right with me for this one... i am less than excited about the next one with the joker actor fiasco... after seeing superman, not long after seeing x3, i said "thats it, its over... they wont get another dime from me!" ... i know its tempting, but please, please do not let these people think that all they have to do is get a hold of a franchise and print the money... make them work for it...

hmmm, what was the point again? oh yeah, cant wait for spiderman 3

Top Bottom