Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/18/film.starwars.ap/index.html

"It's not like the old 'Star Wars,' " Lucas told theater owners at the ShoWest convention. "This one's a little bit more emotional. We like to describe it as 'Titanic' in space. It's a tearjerker."

"Calling the latest movie a Faustian tragedy, Lucas said he is unconcerned about whether "Revenge of the Sith" draws more barbs from "Star Wars" fans."

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/18/film.starwars.ap/index.html

"It's not like the old 'Star Wars,' " Lucas told theater owners at the ShoWest convention. "This one's a little bit more emotional. We like to describe it as 'Titanic' in space. It's a tearjerker."

"Calling the latest movie a Faustian tragedy, Lucas said he is unconcerned about whether "Revenge of the Sith" draws more barbs from "Star Wars" fans."
Truly a man who takes pride in his work.

I loved the first trilogy thus it's nothing special if the rest sucks. What I want to say is; it happends all the time. The old stuff is good and than it's a 'I've been there and done that'. So, Starwars III is going to be entertaining but not something 'amazing'...

E

ELEKTROFUNK

is it just me or does anyone else thinks George Lucas looks alot like a wookie?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Well I decided to give the Star Wars "Clone Wars" animation a 2nd chance.  So I must say, not bad... not bad at all.  It's very entertaining, the series 1st "season" just came out on DVD a few days ago, so if any of you guys have 1 hour to spare, I suggest you give it a shot. That is... if you can accept the "cartoonish" looks  ;)

The clone war cartoon was better than episode 2. The third and final season of clone wars was shown last week on cartoon network, and it leads directly into episode 3. In other words, ep3 begins where clone wars ended. The action in the cartoon is so intense and is something that Lucas himself wouldn't be able to pull off in a live action movie. Too bad, the way the jedi use the force in the cartoon is so much better than anything that they can do in the movies.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
dwarfkicker said:
The clone war cartoon was better than episode 2.  The third and final season of clone wars was shown last week on cartoon network, and it leads directly into episode 3.  In other words, ep3 begins where clone wars ended.  The action in the cartoon is so intense and is something that Lucas himself wouldn't be able to pull off in a live action movie.  Too bad, the way the jedi use the force in the cartoon is so much better than anything that they can do in the movies.
Well... duh, it's a cartoon :p ;)
It has good portraits of most characters. Specially on Windu (Samuel).

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Much better than I had anticipated. Don't see Chewie all that much...really, really cool, you get sucked into it right away, and then it doesn't let go...

It was an awesome movie. Though I was disappointed in how quickly the dueling part of Obiwan's battle with Grievous lasted. It makes sense though seeing as Mace Windu cripple Grievous at the end of the Clone Wars series on CN.

Anakin vs Obiwan had to be the most badass duel out of all six movies. And it was cool to see Yoda get one last chance to shine.

Useless CGI has reached a pinnacle here.
Blatantly fake Clone troops when more simpler film techniques would've been better.
The Parent Trap anyone?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
The only part that really really annoyed me was Vader's final "NOOOOOOO!" at the end. Other than that it was way better than the first two, although Empire is still my favorite of the six. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan was the best lightsaber duel of all the movies though, IMHO. ;D

If you mean in combat, my opinion of the movie just dropped 50%.
What're ya saying, chief? You got a problem with the little badass' lightsaber skills?

I take it you haven't seen ep3 yet huh? Yoda is amazing in this movie.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
It had it's bad moments. Overall Lucas did a good job "blending-in" the storyline. One question that never got answered... Where in hell did Vader got his english accent? ;D

just saw it last night and i agree with everyone...

those cgi clones were ridiculous... there was one scene were obi rode up on his lizard and buddy took off his helmet and his head was not only disproportionate but also moving on the neckline... i was wondering how it got past editing...

tha "nooooo" was terrible, and his little robot dance didnt help

grievous on CN was insanely amazing... here, so so... i was hoping to see a few jedis come at him and get thrown by his feet...

sidious needed to take a cold shower after that scene were anakin saved him...

minus special effects, that was the worst film i have ever scene but those efx were incredible... definitely saved it... my eyes are rotting from the eye candy...

"you're beautiful" - "thats becuase i am so in love" - "no, i am so in love" - "so your saying love has blinded you?" - i dont know if it was the heavily buttered popcorn or not, but hhhmmblllaaaaaaaaacccchhh!

i must say my favorite scene was when obi and ani were floating over lava just staring at each other with hate and remorse... no talking, hmm may be the whole film should have been mimed

but it was really amazing overall

its better than I and II combined but it is still not up to par with IV, V and VI. it fills in a lot of the gaps but most of the movie still looks like george lucas is trying to have a pissing contest with himself to see if he can be out done. its hard to concentrate on the plot when you have 500 different things blowing up all over the screen plus dialogue. despite that, while the clone army did look quite fake, its a hell of a lot better than the droid army in ep I. not to mention hayden christensen almost learned to act in this one, thats something...right?

there are alot of decent actors in sw3 and not one of them is at their best... george makes them suck on purpose... i wouldnt be to hard on hayden... i bet george waited til he got a bad take
"perfect! print it!"
"no wait george, i know i could do that better!"
"i said PRINT!!"

Psymont 2.0 said:
there are alot of decent actors in sw3 and not one of them is at their best... george makes them suck on purpose... i wouldnt be to hard on hayden... i bet george waited til he got a bad take
"perfect! print it!"
"no wait george, i know i could do that better!"
"i said PRINT!!"

It wouldn't be the first time: "Carrie!"

Top Bottom