Story Discussion: Dark Horse readers only [NO SPOILERS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
anybody pick up volume 14??? the berserk prototype was badass and the whole getting the armor/dragonslayer thing was great as well as the great killing of that weak ass apostle

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Hitokiri said:
anybody pick up volume 14??? the berserk prototype was badass and the whole getting the armor/dragonslayer thing was great as well as the great killing of that weak ass apostle

Wow, I completely forgot about volume 14. I used to drive to every single bookstore in a 10 mile radius just so I could read the new volume and tell everyone I was the first to get it. This is the first DH release that I haven't bought on the first possible day it came out. It kind of makes me depressed, oh well.

A

avidwriter

I'm glad to say that the FX in 14 are not even noticeable. I hardly saw most of them as they were in corners or in between the "boxes". I hope they keep it this way or just remove them altogether but its nice to see they are trying to improve it. : )

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
avidwriter said:
I'm glad to say that the FX in 14 are not even noticeable. I hardly saw most of them as they were in corners or in between the "boxes". I hope they keep it this way or just remove them altogether but its nice to see they are trying to improve it. : )
Could you possibly take a scan of a "really heavy text box filled" page and post it?

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Shit needs to hurry up and get here!! vol 15 of course though is what I'm refering too, I hate when they leave us on cliffhangers DAMMIT oh well at least there bi monthly instead fo the shit they use too pull.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
And I hope they STAY that way, just the thought of having all the translated volumes up to voulme 20 by next Christmas makes me giddy!

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
bastard_swordsman said:
My local Borders is crappy. And my nearest Forbidden Planet. Borders only have 7 and 8, while FP only have 1, 5 and 9... I wish they'd get more stock!

I feel your pain, where I go to college they stock shit. 14 should have been out 2 months ago and NO SIGN of it. Hell I don't even see 13's and 12's.(though I do have them).

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
As of Feb. 8th 2007, Amazon.com still has volume 15 up "for pre-order" what's up with that?

My Borders, Waldenbooks, Barnes and Noble, and Books a Million, doesn't even offer Berserk anymore because as one sales rep told me: "It's too nasty, and the kids kept tearing the plastic off."

Bah. I got mine from akadotretail.com

And yes, it rocks.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Locus of Agony said:
My Borders, Waldenbooks, Barnes and Noble, and Books a Million, doesn't even offer Berserk anymore because as one sales rep told me: "It's too nasty, and the kids kept tearing the plastic off."
Not terribly surprised. I figured some large vendors would pull red flags once vol 13 hit the shelves...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Locus of Agony said:
Oh I'm not suprised, just bitter. :serpico:

I just saw all the volumes from 11-15 at Suncoast though. That was alittle unexpected.

That's weird, as the Suncoast I frequent pulled the series from their shelves around volume 4 or 5. Luckily the local Japanese bookstore carries them, they just arrive a week or two after they've been officially released, which seems to be the norm around the Seattle area.

My volume 1 came a while ago... it wasn't much different from my scans, and it was expensive. I would like someone to give me a reason to to keep buying them, are the translations really any different from the hawks? I already own the Japanese versions and I don't think it is worth it to keep buying Dark Horse.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
pippin22 said:
My volume 1 came a while ago... it wasn't much different from my scans, and it was expensive. I would like someone to give me a reason to to keep buying them...
Well, if you've already supported Miura by owning the japanese volumes, there's no real moral reason to, in my opinion. DH translations are likely more accurate than most of TheHawks though, based purely on the scrutiny of being in a commercial industry as opposed to nerds fapping over the interweb.

That being said, DH takes certain liberties with the translation that are just far from ... groovy.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
I'm probably crazy but I just finished to read vol 16 of the dark horse edition and at page 139(i think) bottom left panel. the ghost behind Jill's head reminded me of Conrad! anybody noticed that too?!

I have a question regarding volume 16.

about halfway through the final episode in volume 16 guts antagonizes Farnese about her speech on god and how it reminded him of something he once heard a noble say while he was roasting an entire town full of women and children?

Is this refrenced again anywhere in the manga prior or in volumes to come?

I cant think of anyone led mercs and talked about god.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
I have a question regarding volume 16.

about halfway through the final episode in volume 16 guts antagonizes Farnese about her speech on god and how it reminded him of something he once heard a noble say while he was roasting an entire town full of women and children?

Is this refrenced again anywhere in the manga prior or in volumes to come?

I cant think of anyone led mercs and talked about god.
I don't recall that particular line, but I don't think Guts was referring to anything we've seen before as readers. He was just commenting on his general experience of the kind of people who preach about god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom