Street Fighter IV

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Deci said:
The best thing Capcom ever did was copy SNK.

Though I have to admit SFIV looks amazing, Thanks SNK!.... er. Capcom!

Can't wait for the new KOF. All characters were drawn by hand.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
NightCrawler said:
Can't wait for the new KOF. All characters were drawn by hand.

I've seen a couple videos and the characters are extremely well animated. The backgrounds a slight step down though, and I'm very dissapointed in the character list (but at least they have my main man Terry Bogard). I'll happily play it, but despite being a KoF diehard I'm not terribly excited about it.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Until I can be arsed to buy a joystick, I doubt I'll pick it up. Still nursing blisters from Soul Calibur.

SK3LL

Vengeance!
handsome rakshas said:
All right, there had to be a midnight release somewhere. Who has it and how is it? Come on, spill the beans!
Some friends of mine have it and they're having fun with the game. It looks new, but it feels like Street Fighter. Except on XBox360. Because of the horrible Gamepad you can't even perfom a "Shoryuken" or so...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SK3LL said:
Except on XBox360. Because of the horrible Gamepad you can't even perfom a "Shoryuken" or so...

I'll admit the cross sucks, but you can buy special pads adapted to fighters for 30 bucks or so. Uriel linked them earlier if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, the game looks great, and I'll definitely have to buy it. It truly is SFII's successor.

SK3LL

Vengeance!
Aazealh said:
I'll admit the cross sucks, but you can buy special pads adapted to fighters for 30 bucks or so. Uriel linked them earlier if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, the game looks great, and I'll definitely have to buy it. It truly is SFII's successor.
Not everybody wanna buy a new pad just because the standart pad sucks so bad, but I totaly agree with you ;) I would actually propose to buy a fighting stick instead of a fighting pad.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SK3LL said:
Not everybody wanna buy a new pad just because the standart pad sucks so bad, but I totaly agree with you ;) I would actually propose to buy a fighting stick instead of a fighting pad.

Well for real fans of the fighting genre, the stick is the way to go no matter what anyway.

Aazealh said:
Well for real fans of the fighting genre, the stick is the way to go no matter what anyway.
[br]
this is true. I went out and reserved the tournament edition stick along with the game as soon as I could do so. I mean you can't use a PS3 or Xbox controller at tournaments...

SK3LL said:
[br]
any fighting game you must have a stick. Preferably Hori sticks.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Uriel said:
Until I can be arsed to buy a joystick, I doubt I'll pick it up. Still nursing blisters from Soul Calibur.

Me too man, I don't suppose any fighting game will come close to SC4. I guess I should at least play SFIV before I say that. It's just my openly biased opinion that SC4 rules the fighting genre.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Game itself is good. It's been years where I actually play a fighting game more than just a couple of rounds. I do however have one complaint. For online gaming your button configurations goes out the window. Frankly that's a big no-no in my case. I keep getting hammered just trying to figure out what button is what. At least for shitty 360 there's no options on that matter. I seriously hope they fix this.

Oburi said:
Me too man, I don't suppose any fighting game will come close to SC4. I guess I should at least play SFIV before I say that. It's just my openly biased opinion that SC4 rules the fighting genre.

NO NO NO NO my friend Oburi....SC4 doesn't come close! Soul Calibur is at the bottom of the barrel when compared to other fighting games. I'm not trying to be an ass either. I LOVE Soul Calibur(and Ivy) but the general reaction around the globe(especially in Japan) is that SC is junk really. Please play SFIV. But then again SC and SF are 2 totally different fighters. SC is 3D, SF is 2D and both games have different input for moves....So if you like SC then I can assume you like Tekken too cause their inputs are similar. The input in SC is easy to pull off moves. The only difficulty is finding the right moves to chain all together which is just like in Tekken.

Nomad said:
Game itself is good. It's been years where I actually play a fighting game more than just a couple of rounds. I do however have one complaint. For online gaming your button configurations goes out the window. Frankly that's a big no-no in my case. I keep getting hammered just trying to figure out what button is what. At least for shitty 360 there's no options on that matter. I seriously hope they fix this.

You must be playing on a normal game controller right? They probably thought that most people that would be playing online are diehard joystick users and the option of not being able to customize the button system wouldn't matter at that point. My advice....get a joystick it'll solve all your probs. Don't worry there some cheap ones out there.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Just played a few times, I'm still terrible with the controls.

EDIT: Oh Wait! I forgot this was on my friends 360. I can see how the controls would be easier to manage on a different controller.

OMG. I got the game for 360. Executing moves is a chore. (Perhaps it's me) I think I might return it and see how the PS3 version holds up. So far, SF4...not good.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I play it on the 360 at my friends and I found it pretty comfortable. I guess I"m used to play SF in both arcade and consoles. I remember playing SF3 alpha on both and everytime I did Akuma's supercombo, the one that grabs you and everything flashes was the same for me on either one. Thumbs up from me.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, Proj did mention he got it for 360, I can see how that controller wouldn't help. Though, I played it last weekend on 360 and I could still pull off the simple moves like nothing had changed... too bad the graphics and voices did. It reminds me of Mega Man 8 in that regard. =)

SK3LL said:
It looks new, but it feels like Street Fighter.

I think that's the point in a nutshell, I didn't experience anything revolutionary about it in my short time playing, but it makes old school Street Fighter relevant to the "New Releases" section again. That's fine with me, I don't mind being able to have casual Street Fighter matches with today's gamers.

I have this on the PS3 - I have played this series since the first arcade machines came to the US so I'm a big fan. I can't count the amount of time Capcom has stolen from my soul at this point, but I have to say this game is really the best of them (VS games notwithstanding). My personal favorite is SFA2 and I think this game trumps it. Simple but very indepth like the original game was.

Plus there's Dan in HD.

Seth is my only gripe - he is cheap as hell even on Easy! He's the new 'evil' Akuma - when I eventually unlock him, he is forbidden from being a player choice, or you get ejected from my house, end of story! :mozgus:

Definitely worth getting if you are a SF head. I stopped playing since 3rd Strike since I just didn't like it, but HD Remix brought me back and this game took me all the way home.

I went back to Gamespot to return the 360 version and pick up the one for ps3. I would've gotten $30 back for a game I bought 4 days ago. So, looks like I be having to get used to the 360 version.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Proj2501 said:
I went back to Gamespot to return the 360 version and pick up the one for ps3. I would've gotten $30 back for a game I bought 4 days ago. So, looks like I be having to get used to the 360 version.

Too bad for you if you feel like you can't improve. I remember back when there was only arcades. You either get the use of the joystick or lose badly in a challenge. Even trying to beat the game and have the owner put the game on a difficult level.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
What I do, is hit the first to with my right thumb. Depending if it is a all kick or all punch ultra, I do it with my index finger, you just have to time it.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Fuck this game! I can't stand it. Just playing through arcade was pissing me off. They keep using the same moves over and over again. I don't know if it's "technically" better than Soul Calibur or Tekken but those games are at least fun and have waaaayyyy more moves then this does. Maybe not combo wise but just look at the moves list. Soul Calibur had pages and pages...this game has one page and the characters do the same moves when playing the computer. I feel like I might be bitching like a kid because I'm frustrated but w/e. In this gamers eyes, it blows. I'm turning it off and putting in SC4 so me and my boys can at least have fun fighting eeach other.

Top Bottom