The Dark Knight

Re: Joker? *kinda spoiler img ahead*

Speaking of Dark Knight actors, anyone see Christian Bale and Heath Ledger in that new Bob Dylan movie I'm Not There? I have to say, those two were the worst of all the Dylan persona's, especially Bale. He really wasn't the man for that part. Ledger wasn't too bad, but at least Cate Blanchett was really amazing..

Oburi

All praise Grail

actually the animated movie that came from that series (Mask of the Phantasm, or something like that) was actually pretty good, too.

Yes! I loved that movie when i was a kid. I wasn't really into batman a whole lot, butI loved Mask of the Phantasm.

Speaking of Dark Knight actors, anyone see Christian Bale and Heath Ledger in that new Bob Dylan movie I'm Not There?

I remember seeing the preview for it which didn't really show much of Bale or Ledger as Dylan, but personally I think Bale is a great persona for him, and as for heath... I've always hated him as an actor but once again I can't say for sure about him as Dylan since I haven't seen the movie. Being a huge fan of Bob Dylan though I will see this movie as soon as i can. Somehow I forgot all about it. Is it in theaters now, or was?

Oberi said:
Yes! I loved that movie when i was a kid. I wasn't really into batman a whole lot, butI loved Mask of the Phantasm.

I remember seeing the preview for it which didn't really show much of Bale or Ledger as Dylan, but personally I think Bale is a great persona for him, and as for heath... I've always hated him as an actor but once again I can't say for sure about him as Dylan since I haven't seen the movie. Being a huge fan of Bob Dylan though I will see this movie as soon as i can. Somehow I forgot all about it. Is it in theaters now, or was?

I actually thought the same thing about Bale as Dylan before I saw the film, but then when I saw how rediculous he looked (big lanky guy playing teenage Dylan holding a slingblade-style face the whole time) as well as his acting which was way over-the-top, trying way too hard to act like Dylan when it seemed so natural with Blanchett and others. I'm aware what they were trying to do with all the different actors/actresses, and I like the idea, I just don't think they should have cast Bale. In fact, I don't think they should have cast him as Batman either.. I predict bad things from both him and Ledger in this new Batman movie to be honest, but I'm just skeptical after how badly Batman Begins was done.

As far as Mask of the Phantasm goes, that's one of the best Batman movies ever made, even though the story is somewhat complex and I remember not understanding it as a little kid. As an adult I love it though, it has some very mature themes (brutal murder of mob bosses, sexuality, loss of love, psychological issues regarding insanity, isolation, etc), beautiful drawn, beautifully scored, a Batman movie just isn't the same without the loud classical music.. It's a shame so many people aren't really aware of it either. It's funny, these new Batman movies are nothing compared to the older ones and it's been over 15 years.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

aufond said:
I predict bad things from both him and Ledger in this new Batman movie to be honest, but I'm just skeptical after how badly Batman Begins was done.

Could you elaborate on this? Why did you think Batman Begins was badly done?

aufond said:
It's funny, these new Batman movies are nothing compared to the older ones and it's been over 15 years.

I hope you're referring to the Tim Burton movies and not the two follow-ups. :void:

aufond said:
It's funny, these new Batman movies are nothing compared to the older ones and it's been over 15 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0UJaprpxrk

yes quite funny :ganishka:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
No wai! He's referring to the Adam West movie!

I totally forgot about that masterpiece! :troll:

Ramen4ever said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0UJaprpxrk

Haha, one of the best scenes in that movie.

Rhombaad said:
Could you elaborate on this? Why did you think Batman Begins was badly done?

I hope you're referring to the Tim Burton movies and not the two follow-ups. :void:

The main problem I had with Begins was the dialogue. I believe you and I already discussed this on the first page of this thread. But there were other factors that turned me off. I really thought Bale did a terrible job, beyond the delivery of bad lines. He has a terrible face for Batman, a terrible voice (especially his angry voice, "Swear to me!" ugh.) Same with Katie Holmes and Michael Caine as Alfred (still I blame the writing more then I do the actors), but I did actually really like Gary Oldman as Gordan. I realize that David Goyer isn't involved with the screenplay like he was with Begins, (though his story-elements may be bad enough) so hopefully the Nolan's do a better job with the dialogue. Also having Maggie Gyllenhaal play Rachael Dawes instead of Holmes sounds like an improvement, but I'm still not gonna let myself get excited for another Hollywood shitfest.

And yes, of course I'm referring the Tim Burton movies with Michael Keaton, especially the original. But I'm also quite partial to the animated series with Kevin Conroy's perfect voice-acting. Even though it was a children's cartoon, it was still darker and much better written then Begins, especially it's movie-counterpart, Mask of the Phantasm.

(As long as we're discussing Adam West, does anyone remember his voice-cameo role in one of the animated series episodes The Gray Ghost, about an out-of-work actor who played a superhero in an old TV show? Brilliant.)

Batman has a lot of injustice done to him when it comes to putting him on screen. The new animated series is a joke, these new movies are ok, but pretty much suck ass (hopefully I'm wrong with Dark Knight) and even that old TV series with Adam West was stupid as hell (although hilarious.) Perhaps Batman only works at certain times, but it seems to me that this isn't the right time. I agree with everyone on the obvious fact that Nolan's new Batman is lightyears beyond Forever and all those horrible sequels that came after Returns, but as far as new Batman movies go, I was looking forward to seeing Batman get a fresh start, too bad that was ruined by factors that for me, outweighed the good.

Oburi

All praise Grail

I think I agree with you on almost everything Aufond.

He has a terrible face for Batman, a terrible voice (especially his angry voice, "Swear to me!" ugh.)

I thought the exact same thing and I really like Bale, he's one of my favorite actors, mostly for his older UK films. I loved Metroland and Velvet goldmine!

Same with Katie Holmes and Michael Caine
=
Hollywood shitfest.

does anyone remember his voice-cameo role in one of the animated series episodes The Gray Ghost, about an out-of-work actor who played a superhero in an old TV show? Brilliant.)

lol I remember that episode but completely forgot about it. I did not know it was himlol.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

I think aufond summarized my opinion on Batman adaptations pretty well. I didn't get why people got all excited about Begins when it first came out.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

darkknight_big2.jpg

BAM!​

Lookin' good, if I do say so myself. Gritty, true to life psychopath... yet still maintains the classic look. I'm downright impressed.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

That... that looks like the Joker.

Colour me pleasantly surprised! Cheers for the image, Griff!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Those are socks only a sociopathic murdering clown could pull off wearing.

CnC

Ad Oculos

wow. I'm on trailer blackout, most definitely. Can't see two frames of footage until opening night. :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Nice! Thanks for the image, GNM. I'm looking forward to this movie more and more with every bit of new information released (aside from the Bat Bike, that is).

Saw the trailer for this at I am Legend (ok movie). Not the IMAX special, the trailer. It looks like it'll be a badass movie. I like what I saw of the Joker. I'm sure this trailer will be online soon for all to see.

Griffith

Yeah, I wish the IMAX scene and the trailer were available somewhere online (wouldn't that be crazy, to put stuff like that on the Internet!? The movie could even have a website with info about it on there, HOLY SHIT!), but it seems all the Internet can offer are terrible fake trailers on youtube cutting together scenes from Batman Begins, Dead End, and movies starring Ledger and Gyllenhaal. Total fucking rubbish, and with all the hand held digital cameras and camera phones every soulless techno-idiot wastes their money on today, they're all too busy videotaping their drunken underage girlfriend's pussy smoking a cigarette instead of actually using it for something it would be good for... like Batman! Thanks Internet, and thanks viral advertising for excluding and alienating the film going audience rather than drawing them in.

I think that's the end of my mini-rant after failing to discover the trailer or robbery scene. :guts:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

Griffith No More! said:
I think that's the end of my mini-rant after failing to discover the trailer or robbery scene. :guts:

Isn't the trailer being played in "I am Will smith destroying another classic"?

Griffith

Too fucking late, and fuck all this retarded decoder ring faggotry, they can stick it and their movie up their ass now as far as I'm concerned. No, I am NOT overreacting. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Griffith No More! said:
Total fucking rubbish, and with all the hand held digital cameras and camera phones every soulless techno-idiot wastes their money on today, they're all too busy videotaping their drunken underage girlfriend's pussy smoking a cigarette instead of actually using it for something it would be good for... like Batman!
Handcam trailer:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35061

Looks awesome to me, even though the video/audio quality here is a (predictable) abomination.

Here's one where the audio's a little better.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/146959.html

Here's the 6 minute special that was at the IMAX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNqWAxHtMvo

Top Bottom