The Dark Knight

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: Joker? *kinda spoiler img ahead*

Yeah, saw the prologue on gametrailers a while ago, the guy with the camera isn't exactly Jerry Seinfeld when it comes to theatrical bootlegging. =)

Anyway, I'm glad we have high quality video of this availabl though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upyBH8qD568

Uh... yeah.

Well, if my link was changed in my one post, you'd be able to follow it to the official trailer in high quality. But here it is again.

http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/

Let's try to leave this link alone.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

I saw it tonight when it ran before I Am Legend. I didn't think the trailer was put together all that well, personally, but I liked what I saw of the film. I'm glad it didn't give away any plot points, too.

Griffith

For some reason I liked the bootlegged version better. =)

What I'd really like is a high quality scene of the heist, that's a way better ad for it to me, but alas...

BTW, it seems to be falling into the superhero movie trap of being more about the villain than the actual hero. I hope the focus of the trailers aren't representative of the film, I think this is more a supporting Joker anyway.

Update:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/147007.html?playlist=featured

Okay, here's the 6 minute Dark Knight prologue from gametrailers, see it while you can because Warner Bros. are being dickheads and the youtube one Dwarf posted has already been taken down. Lovely move on their part, and ironic that they're now stopping genuine viral video sharing (which is a lot better than their retarded website campaign, I might add). You'd think this would have been their goal in the first place.

Man, I'm seriously considering... complaining about it some more before I see the movie. =)

seriously. i had only moderate interest in this 'til now. everything i've seen lately has been fantastic. let's just hope the rest of the film follows suit.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

I hadn't seen this poster art before, so I thought I'd share:

thedarkknightl200801071lv8.jpg

I found it at www.apple.com/trailers.​

CnC

Ad Oculos

If the movie is anything like how they've handled their art and marketing, this is going to be the best movie evah (still not watching the trailer, tho)! :guts:

Griffith

I agree on the art, the marketing... not so much.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Joker? *Heath Ledger is dead*

Heath Ledger is dead. Why so ser-.... oh.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/22/AR2008012202352.html?hpid=topnews

Damn, that sucks. I thought he was a good actor too, for what little he's been in.

PS: Hey, wait a minute. Isn't death the ultimate viral marketing technique? Hmm...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Ramen4ever said:
I still want a second source other then wiki. But if it is true then that really sucks.
Wtf are you talking about? It's on CNN, MSNBC, Washingtonpost ... yahoo. What else do you want? And who cited wikipedia anyway?

Yea I just checked those places right now..
was also browsing IMDB and found this

"The Joker's character is based on his first two appearances in the comic books, as well as his portrayal in the graphic novel "The Killing Joke." To prepare for the role, Heath Ledger lived alone in a hotel room for a month researching the character and developing his performance, which he claims is based upon Sid Vicious and the character of Alex in A Clockwork Orange (1971). Ledger found the role extremely difficult, and suffered insomnia as a result."

Griffith

Ramen4ever said:
"The Joker's character is based on his first two appearances in the comic books, as well as his portrayal in the graphic novel "The Killing Joke." To prepare for the role, Heath Ledger lived alone in a hotel room for a month researching the character and developing his performance, which he claims is based upon Sid Vicious and the character of Alex in A Clockwork Orange (1971). Ledger found the role extremely difficult, and suffered insomnia as a result."

Yeah, I had read this awhile back and it immediately came to mind when I heard about this today. I guess we'll find out more about whether it's a coincidence or not.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Joker? *Heath Ledger is dead*

Newer information says they found sleeping pills surrounding his body in the apartment:

[quote author=CNN.com]
"Pills were found in the vicinity of the bed," police spokesman Paul Browne told CNN.

"This is being looked at as a possible overdose, but that is not confirmed yet."

The pills appeared to be over-the-counter sleeping medication, said police spokeswoman Barbara Chen.[/quote]
If I were Batman, I'd say that that would tie into the insomnia and his wife and child leaving him last year.

And check this out:

[quote author=CNN.com]
The apartment is owned by the actress Mary-Kate Olsen, The New York Times reported.
[/quote]
The plot thickens!

Griffith

This may be crass at the moment, but since I didn't know much about Heath's personal life, I'm immediately drawn to the career/legacy/business side of things. For instance, how this will affect the marketing of the film? It was basically focusing on him/the Joker, I wonder how they'll handle that now? It would seem likely they'd shift their focus a bit so as to acknowledge his passing without seemingly exploiting it. At least I'm sure we'll be getting an "In Memory of" and hearing a lot about the film being dedicated to him. He started filming for Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus in December, so depending on how much/little progress they made in that time, The Dark Knight may very well be his last film and his performance as the Joker his swan song.

I also wonder how this effects the bottom line, certainly interest will be up, but will it ultimately draw more people in or put them off? I know I'm more on board than ever.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Dunno, but I _am_ glad they finished filming it (does that make me a bad person?
farnese_emote_embarrass.gif
)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Griffith No More! said:
This may be crass at the moment, but since I didn't know much about Heath's personal life, I'm immediately drawn to the career/legacy/business side of things. For instance, how this will affect the marketing of the film? It was basically focusing on him/the Joker, I wonder how they'll handle that now?
Yeah, but they can always fall back on Batman imagery of course.
He started filming for Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus in December, so depending on how much/little progress they made in that time, The Dark Knight may very well be his last film and his performance as the Joker his swan song.
Jesus, poor Terry Gilliam is cursed. He's host to one failed production after the other. Elements are always upending themselves in his movies. Anyone here seen Lost in La Mancha?

I also wonder how this effects the bottom line, certainly interest will be up, but will it ultimately draw more people in or put them off? I know I'm more on board than ever.
I'm definitely more interested in the movie, since his persistence in achieving the character of the Joker MAY have been what led him to his death. That's just fucking intense. I can't wait.

Top Bottom