Volume 40 release

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Heiji said:
40th volume will be out september 28.
Thanks! That either bodes well for episodic releases the next two months (Aug-Sept), or this will be the shortest volume ever.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
Thank you for the heads up. I do am wondering if we'll get a 6 episodes volume or a 7 episodes.
Six episodes would be really really short. It would only amount to 131 pages of content, versus 172 pages for volume 39 (with 8 episodes). For reference volume 35 had 196 pages of content with 9 episodes, and volume 34 had 216 pages of material with 10 episodes.

I guess seven episodes is doable, but this trend is starting to get annoying. The number of pages can't just keep going down indefinitely. I also don't see why the release date can't just be in November if September is too tight.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
I also don't see why the release date can't just be in November if September is too tight.
Or perhaps in 2019 once there are enough episodes. That'd be prudent, and in keeping with the past. But, I think that in 2016, Miura and Hakusensha came to an agreement to start publishing a volume a year, for better or worse. And this year it seems like we'll get the short end of that promise, unless there really are plans to publish 2 more eps ahead of Sept 28, which seems unlikely at this point.
 

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
Six episodes would be really really short. It would only amount to 131 pages of content, versus 172 pages for volume 39 (with 8 episodes). For reference volume 35 had 196 pages of content with 9 episodes, and volume 34 had 216 pages of material with 10 episodes.

I guess seven episodes is doable, but this trend is starting to get annoying. The number of pages can't just keep going down indefinitely. I also don't see why the release date can't just be in November if September is too tight.
I know. 6 episodes would be of course way to short of content I agree. I thought about that because last year they announced volume 39 at the same time as an episode and we wondered at some point if the said episode would be included in the volume and it was not the case.

That's why I was wondering if we would get a 6 or 7 episodes since there would need to have 2 more episodes to make it at least 8.

November would have made more sense in my opinion.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
berserk_prime said:
Where did you get this info? Could you please share your source?
Questioning the source is always valid. And while I can't point you to wherever Heiji got his info, there are always leaks on stuff like this from Young Animal, usually on Japanese forums like 2ch and social media. Also, Heiji has accurately provided those to us consistently for a long time now, just check his post history.

B- said:
Hi, I do not know what to think if a volume comes out with only 6 chapters :???:
Well, it hasn't happened yet, and we're still 2 potential releases away from Sept 28.
 

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Well I think it's time then to play the guessing game:

Will it be a 6, a 7 or an 8 episode long?

I wish for the latter.

But the real guessing game is this one :

What's the cover gonna be?

Last time I tried it (for volume 38) I miserably failed my prediction.

The cover is gonna be the broken Casca doll. Or maybe an "hommage" to the Eclipse but the dream version (maybe the spiky mountain? Nah)

(I just hope we won't get the classic Guts vs monster or something of the likes)
 
Ok, my turn ! the cover will be on Casca and only her !

I really hope that casca will be on the cover, she deserves it :slan:
 

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
B- said:
Ok, my turn ! the cover will be on Casca and only her !

I really hope that casca will be on the cover, she deserves it :slan:
I'd like that too at some point. She deserves it and it's been a while we had her on a cover.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
But the real guessing game is this one :

What's the cover gonna be? (I just hope we won't get the classic Guts vs monster or something of the likes)
I think I said so before, but I'd put my money on Dream-Dog-Guts firing the cannon from its mouth. But I'd much prefer something about Casca. Perhaps revisiting Vol 20's cover, like Miura did between Vol 1-27.
 

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
I think I said so before, but I'd put my money on Dream-Dog-Guts firing the cannon from its mouth. But I'd much prefer something about Casca. Perhaps revisiting Vol 20's cover, like Miura did between Vol 1-27.
True, I think you did mentionned that a while back. It'd be neat but I still wish for a Casca-esque cover or something related to her healing.
 
jackson_hurley said:
True, I think you did mentionned that a while back. It'd be neat but I still wish for a Casca-esque cover or something related to her healing.
I'm gonna cheat and steal Walter's answer, but say the volume that contains the next episode with Guts and Casca will have a Casca cover.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
If a single volume in Berserk's publication history deserves to have Casca on the cover, it's this one. I think seeing her as she opens her eyes, lucid at last, would be amazing. Having her in her elfin princess dress would also be great.
 

BiQ_

" ... "
The only way I could --barely-- stomach NOT having Casca on vol 40 cover is if first actual exchange of words between Guts and Casca happens in vol 41 - which, by the way things are going now, seems likely. Then, vol 41 absolutely has to have Casca in focus.
 

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Aazealh said:
If a single volume in Berserk's publication history deserves to have Casca on the cover, it's this one. I think seeing her as she opens her eyes, lucid at last, would be amazing. Having her in her elfin princess dress would also be great.
Very much agreed! And it makes sense from the sales perspective as well. Any casual Berserk fan would see that on the shelf and just have to pick it up! :ubik:
 
Top Bottom