www.berserkstatues.com - discussion thread

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kenji-kun said:
In fact, in French, there is an expression (fixed, a formal one) "tu as de la chance !" stressed on the word "chance" and it just deals with the finality, not the manners that brings to it... I don't know if you understand whant I want to express.

I'm afraid I have trouble understanding this notion yeah. Nan, je rigole, t'as pas besoin de m'expliquer ça tu sais. :casca: I just wanted to stress he fact that he made sacrifices to get his collection, it's not like his dad is rich and buys him for $100,000 of shit every other month. He more than deserves it. :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
it's not like his dad is rich and buys him for $100,000 of shit every other month.

yea, screw those guys :troll:

Anyway, congrats on the successful paint job, Derek. The pose you've put them in is a tad funny, to me. I just imagine this somewhat comic "Oh... shit" coming out of Guts. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
The pose you've put them in is a tad funny, to me. I just imagine this somewhat comic "Oh... shit" coming out of Guts.

It's straight from the manga actually, and Guts was indeed not so confident at that moment. :guts:

Guts-Wyald-Sweating.jpg

Whouhooo, your french is really excellent Aazealh.

Derek is an honourable fan ! Me either, I work from my own to pay some statues but my infinite passion to Berserk doesn't make me buy more than a statue from time to time.

Congratulation Derek

CnC

Ad Oculos
Kenji-kun said:
Whouhooo, your french is really excellent Aazealh.

HAHAHAhA!!!

Aazealh said:
It's straight from the manga actually, and Guts is indeed not so confident at that moment. :guts:

I know its from the manga, but the rigidity of the pose added to the comedic value, rather than display any real fear.
Or at least thats my opinion

I'm glad you are all excited to see. Now I hope I just didn't hype it up too much. :serpico: Hehe.

Aazealh said:
I just wanted to stress he fact that he made sacrifices to get his collection, it's not like his dad is rich and buys him for $100,000 of shit every other month. He more than deserves it. :guts:

Hehe, I DO sacrifice, hehe. Ya'll better watch out, I might be reborn in my new apostle body soon :griff: ho ho ho! (ok that was lame). But yeah, I do feel like I'm a fortunate person to have found such a great painter and to be able to afford/find all these kits, but as Aaz says, I do work pretty hard for them (thanks Aaz :casca:). It's pretty much the only thing I collect nowadays (and CAN collect for that matter).

CnC said:
I know its from the manga, but the rigidity of the pose added to the comedic value, rather than display any real fear.
Or at least thats my opinion

Well, this is the pose that the Wyald Getsurou pose was modelled from:

wyaldfront.jpg

As you can see, the pose is "rigid" and so is Guts. Of course, I would love to have some in action pose, but there were several manga frames where Guts is just standing there, gazing up at him, not able to do anything, but just hold his sword in front of him like that. That was the inspiration of the pose that I had made (the Guts figure didn't come like that, John had to heat and bend the figure). I have more manga scans that might showcase this pose better but I'm late for work as it is!

Anyhoo, I actually won't be able to update tonight either! It will have to be tomorrow folks. Sorry!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
As you can see, the pose is "rigid" and so is Guts. Of course, I would love to have some in action pose, but there were several manga frames where Guts is just standing there, gazing up at him, not able to do anything, but just hold his sword in front of him like that.

I actually like that one, it's true it's a bit "simple" but I don't find the need to always have dynamic poses. The scale is also relatively accurate, that alone makes it impressing and overall very satisfying to look at. I can't help but notice that John went ahead and implemented the wound Guts gives Wyald a little later on the mouth though, nice touch. :guts:

My only complaint would be that the original kit (nothing to do with John's work) isn't so good when it comes to the upper part of Wyald (the remnants of his human form): the head is too big compared to the torso, which in turn isn't wide enough. Headlong's kit is better on that specific part, but since it's so small, that one was definitely the good choice for a diorama.

CnC

Ad Oculos
DirectDK said:
I'm glad you are all excited to see. Now I hope I just didn't hype it up too much. :serpico: Hehe.

I'm sure it'll be great, can't wait to see it :serpico:

DirectDK said:
Well, this is the pose that the Wyald Getsurou pose was modelled from:
http://www.berserkstatues.com/skdotnet/wyaldfront.jpg

I'm well aware of the scene, you guys don't have to keep posting it :serpico:

DirectDK said:
As you can see, the pose is "rigid" and so is Guts.

Well I was emphasizing on Guts in the first place, not Wyald. I apologize for not being clear, earlier.
And I disagree on both fronts. However I suppose I'll have to wait until I get some other shots to be certain (especially concerning Wyald's pose).
I think theres room for a great deal more dynamism in this shot, regardless of which panel its trying to emulate. If its trying to represent the panel you gave, Derek, you can do a lot more with Guts pose. Notice he's stepping back, looking up, with sword not in view (faltering). With that in mind you can arch his back (its bent somewhat already in the panel), bend his legs, ect. and still manage to be true to the panel while adding the tension needed.

Mind you I wasn't intending to bring down the quality of the figures, rather just commenting on their poses (specifically Guts). They look great, and (as I said earlier), can't wait for more shots.

EDIT: I see now that the Guts figure doesn't matter (or at least it isn't the focus of the scene), so my arguments should be taken that less seriously, if not completely ignored. Sorry, folks :guts:

Here we go! FINALLY, I had time to update the page and upload the pictures. What do ya'll think?

Aazealh said:
I actually like that one, it's true it's a bit "simple" but I don't find the need to always have dynamic poses. The scale is also relatively accurate, that alone makes it impressing and overall very satisfying to look at. I can't help but notice that John went ahead and implemented the wound Guts gives Wyald a little later on the mouth though, nice touch. :guts:

Haha, hey Aaz, that's cool you noticed the wound above the lip! I asked John to do that specifically. :guts:

dont know what else to say beside "the damn best wyald kit ive ever seen" :chomp:.
i wonder what the scene will look like if u put ur zodd(with wing) kit right behind the helpless wyald...  :badbone: :badbone: :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Here we go! FINALLY, I had time to update the page and upload the pictures. What do ya'll think?

Very cool, the painting on the Wyald really does it justice as opposed to what you can see around the web. Congratulations again. :guts:

DirectDK said:
Haha, hey Aaz, that's cool you noticed the wound above the lip! I asked John to do that specifically.

Hehe, what wouldn't I notice? :badbone:

kubricka said:
i wonder what the scene will look like if u put ur zodd(with wing) kit right behind the helpless wyald...

Poor Zodd would look like a dwarf. :void:

nice stuff captures the scene in the manga beautifully. I like how it is now but i like Kubricka's idea i wounder what it would look like with a Zodd statue behind it. might be even more impressive hehe

but never the less great work and keep em coming just like the colorations i love coming here and seeing the lovely pictures of all the hard work you guys put into these kits and such :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Darkadien Zurel said:
i wounder what it would look like with a Zodd statue behind it. might be even more impressive hehe

It would be inaccurate since Wyald was dying and kneeling/crawling at that time. He was also holding Griffith, and was in front of both Guts and Casca as well as several nameless members of the Hawks. Plus Guts was without his armor and only holding a normal sword.

Ahh, thank you all for your nice comments. I'm glad you all like it. I'm curious to know if you guys like the Zodd Diorama (Hill of Swords) or this Wyald one more.

Kenji-kun said:
I really love the way you take your photographies Derek.

Thanks Kenji =). But actually, just to be clear, all the pictures of my painted kits (including the Wyald ones) are actually taken by the painter, John. All the pictures of the AOW stuff are by me though. John's pictures definitely show more detail. I go for the more dramatic look (sharp shadows, etc etc).

And on a side note, I'll try and take some pics of Guts & Slan soon, as well as the Clown Pucks. OOOH, and I already have plans for my next Berserk kit. It won't be done for a while though, but I already have an idea! =P

CnC

Ad Oculos
DirectDK said:
Ahh, thank you all for your nice comments. I'm glad you all like it. I'm curious to know if you guys like the Zodd Diorama (Hill of Swords) or this Wyald one more.

I still gotta give it to the hill of swords, personally.
If only for this shot:
http://www.berserkstatues.com/kits/headlong/completed/zoddoapostle/finals/hills.jpg

Both are good, though

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:

I prefer the Wyald one as you know, because it's more on scale (Guts/apostle). The pose is also more faithful to the original (although that should be fixed soon in the Zodd diorama :void:), and Guts' armor is incorrect in several respects in the Hill of Swords diorama.

DirectDK said:
OOOH, and I already have plans for my next Berserk kit. It won't be done for a while though, but I already have an idea! =P

It sure promises to be great, I'm warranting it. :badbone:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
DirectDK said:
Ahh, thank you all for your nice comments.  I'm glad you all like it.  I'm curious to know if you guys like the Zodd Diorama (Hill of Swords) or this Wyald one more.

If I had to choose, I would go with the Wyald diorama, mainly because I don't really like Guts' pose in the Zodd one. Both dioramas are still fantastic, though. :serpico:

Top Bottom