New profile posts

I'm going to a job interview tomorrow, anxious as all hell but gotta struggle through.
It was bright orange outside yesterday, but today it's kind of a sickly yellow. Progress!
Reactions: Fancypantaloons
Fancypantaloons
Fancypantaloons
I hope it gets better soon Grail! Stay strong
Grail
Grail
It's a very surreal situation we're in. The worst part was contending with the poor air quality AND the heat, but we're enjoying some relief with cooler temperatures right now. In any case, my hope is that we can start coming up with solutions to prevent this same crisis from occurring in coming years.
  • Sad
Reactions: Aazealh
jackson_hurley
jackson_hurley
Yes, it does seem to be a problem that comes back each year. Stay safe!
Reactions: Grail
Working in the morning, even if the work is heavier it feels good to be home in the afternoon, eat some stuff and recharge
Reactions: jackson_hurley
Fancypantaloons
Fancypantaloons
Well, I'm back on the afternoon shift! In fact, in another market to cover another dude's shift. I'm ok with it, the further away I am from my boss, the better.
Terrible day at work. This is one of those days when I regret everything
I was starving for more Berserk after 360. But after 361 and the podcast I feel strangely full. 2019 was my first big drought I’ve experienced. But 2019 is nothing compared to what many members of this forum have gone though. Muira takes his time but he always manages to fill a 20 page episode with at least an hour worth of discussion. That suplimented by this forum and content creators makes the wait worth it.
Been running on very little sleep these days. Was up 'til about 2am getting the podcast finished last night. Gonna need to eliminate my sleep debt soon, and there's no relief on the horizon. As much as I loved reading and talking about 361, it will honestly be nice to just snooze through the rest of the month when it comes to Berserk.
I dreamed of the forum last night. That's a first
Sooooo, I've pre-ordered 361. Hope this one will get in. If not, I think I'll sadly quit buying young animal in physical for a while. :/
Walter
Walter
The way I see it, the digital editions, while not ideal, are my way of cheaply supporting the official release before the volume gets released. Then that becomes my go-to reference, which makes the digital pretty much worthless, just like hanging into a physical YA is pretty much worthless in a few years time.
Victor
Victor
@Walter you mean you don't have your walls covered by stacks of YA mags? Impostor!
jackson_hurley
jackson_hurley
So, I've received my YA from june that I had not time to cancel but never got the april issue. What a bummer. I'm considering re-buying it or maybe wait a bit more in case it'll get here. I dunno. :(
Gonna commit to not reading the 361 thread until the full ep is available for download on Hakusensha. Don't think I've ever successfully done that throughout all these years... But this could be a big one.
Watching old samurai movies. Lone Wolf and Cub on bluray is amazing. Now for Kurosawa
Reactions: IncantatioN
Oburi
Oburi
i will. thank you. Just watched the first in the Samurai trilogy about Musashi. It exceeded my expectations, which weren't very high based on some of the things i'd read. But I thought it was really great. I also watched some perhaps lesser known films, Goyokin and Incident at Blood Pass (starring Mifune AND Shintaru Katsu). Both very good
IncantatioN
IncantatioN
The Samurai Trilogy is a lot of fun. Just great, such a classic. Glad you're having fun with this. Not old school - Twilight Samurai - I think this came out in the 2000's or late 1990's and I remember it for some really good conversations between characters and heartbreaking moments.
Reactions: Oburi
Walter
Walter
After Kurosawa, make sure to check out Ame Agaru. It came out several years after his death, but it was his final script, and one of the lead actors is Toshiro Mifune's son, so it's sort of a strange, cool, legacy project.
Re-reading the manga right now (It's my 3rd read-through), currenly on Volume 7. Just refreshing my knowledge for the next episode.
  • Love
Keratos23
Keratos23
If I remember correctly it was about 24 or 25, I remeber being very frustrated when I saw the score :ganishka:
It has been a couple months since then, I was just lucky this one time and got many questions I knew the answers to.
Aazealh
Aazealh
That's how it goes, the more you learn and remember, the more questions you'll know. Of course there are a few that are just too obscure to remember off the top of your head, but that's by design. :slan:
Keratos23
Keratos23
Of course :ganishka:
Thanks for the tips Aazealh, I'll do my best :griffnotevil:
Any tabletop RPGs players around? (Dungeons & Dragons, Dungeon World, etc...)
  • Love
Reactions: jackson_hurley
jackson_hurley
jackson_hurley
Oh what a mess that was. The party was stuck on a flying citadel and we had to fight a dragon in its lair. Since I was a bard, I more a support player. We ended up killing the dragon but not before the flying citadel started to tilt toward crashing. While we were trying to reach the control room I got burn/electrocuted to death by another dragon. 72hp of damage. I did survive it.
Fancypantaloons
Fancypantaloons
Damn! That sure was epic!
jackson_hurley
jackson_hurley
It sure was. Now that game is on hold for the moment but I'll be waiting for the party to revive me. I have a back up character if it ever fails.
Top Bottom