1:1 scale replica of Femto Helmet!!!

Joa said:
while the "helmet" itself is pretty neato .. I would have expected it to be glossy.

Joa brings up an interesting point. I just talked to James about this, and if you are a buyer and you prefer to have a glossy coating on the helmet, then James is more than willing to do that for you, at no extra charge! Everyone's happy. :ubik:

The Beast of Darkness said:
I was wondering why his Skull Knight was in multiple parts.

Hahaha, yeah, sadface. When John shipped it to me (after he took the pictures of it finished), the spikes around the neck snapped off. He glued them instead of pinning them. The spikes on the shoulders were casted on so no worries of those coming off. But the spikes on the neck were hopeless. So, John as the upperbody and the neck to pin them and repaint. That's why, sadly, SK is lying down in a mess. I reserved a spot for him though!

Okay, here are the lighting shots. I couldn't really take good pictures of it. It's just too dark for my camera to pick up. But you can get a sense. It's just the cavernous space, when lit up, makes for a really spooky image. It's more ghostly, and you can imagine Griffith's eyes just popping out at any given moment. Talk about a chick magnet to have around the house huh?

DirectDK said:
Okay, here are the lighting shots. I couldn't really take good pictures of it. It's just too dark for my camera to pick up. But you can get a sense. It's just the cavernous space, when lit up, makes for a really spooky image. It's more ghostly, and you can imagine Griffith's eyes just popping out at any given moment. Talk about a chick magnet to have around the house huh?

really cool :ubik:

DirectDK said:
It's more ghostly, and you can imagine Griffith's eyes just popping out at any given moment. Talk about a chick magnet to have around the house huh?
Haha! Totally ... I like how the effect of the light adds to that haunting image of the helmet, like the Skull Knight helmet, other worldly.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Wow, this looks incredible. It looks especially badass next to the Berserker and Skullknight. How cool is that?? Seeing those three together makes me all tingly on the inside.

I was wondering, would it be possible to get some photos of the glossy version? Also, does the lighting influence the cost? I didn't see it mentioned on the front page. Thanks! : )

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
I just got a message reminding me about this, I'd completely forgotten. I'm in for one, I talked with James on another board and will be sending my deposit tonight. Man that base looks so creepy/cool :)

turkitage

ターク
yeah this is awesome. Though, I DO think glossy would fit the femto helmet better.. I just don't know if it'll match well with the other 2 helmets.

Hopefully when someone gets the glossy they can take pictures with the other helmets to see how well it fits with them.

Opened mine today. No pictures to post, but I love it. I was a bit worried about the matte finish but seeing it in person, I'm glad I went that route. Very nice job by JP. Smooth sculpt, nice base, cool lighting and great packing job. You're the man, JP.

turkitage

ターク
yay! Got mine too. I agree with Bruhaha69 about the Matte finish, it works really well. Compared to the Berserker/skullknight's rough surface, the Femto has a VERY smooth surface. I don't think anyone would want to get the glossy one if you have the other 2. This matches much better I think. I'm so glad I could be part of this and the whole set as they are very awesome pieces. Also, seriously, the price James is asking for is extremely low compared to these great quality pieces. I would hurry and get on this as you will not find anything like this anywhere else once Jame's is done.

Hooray bruhaha and Turk!!! So glad to hear you like it :serpico:!

Turkitage said:
I'm so glad I could be part of this and the whole set as they are very awesome pieces. Also, seriously, the price James is asking for is extremely low compared to these great quality pieces. I would hurry and get on this as you will not find anything like this anywhere else once Jame's is done.

^ wise words! :slan:

ghadrack

I got notice to send final payment last night and heard back from the man this morning. I elected to go with the glossy finish and since it's the first one he said he'd take some pics so I / we could get a look at them and compare. In my mind's eye I envision Femto as being sleek and I think the glossy version will look good, we should see in a week or two. If it's too much I can always dullcoat it, but I am sure as long as James is OK with the finish it's going to look great!

Master of the Obvious said:
I got notice to send final payment last night and heard back from the man this morning. I elected to go with the glossy finish and since it's the first one he said he'd take some pics so I / we could get a look at them and compare. In my mind's eye I envision Femto as being sleek and I think the glossy version will look good, we should see in a week or two. If it's too much I can always dullcoat it, but I am sure as long as James is OK with the finish it's going to look great!

Oooo! I'm curious too! Definitely post some pics when you get it :guts:. Thanks!

ghadrack

DirectDK said:
Oooo! I'm curious too! Definitely post some pics when you get it :guts:. Thanks!
I'm often pretty lazy about posting pictures and trying to figure out how to get images size and posted right with every forum using differnet software, but I'm pretty excited about sharing this with you guys so I'll be certain to do so. I've got this one and another helmet replica (unrelated to Berserk) coming in January, I might sneak in a pic of that thing too, it is just awesome as well. My biggest problem is finding a nice way to display these things.

Well, my shots suck, but here are some pictures anyway....might as well join in on the fun. The blue walls definitely didn't help my horrid photography skills + crappy camera combo:

DSC02831.jpg

DSC02833.jpg

DSC02829.jpg

DSC02828.jpg

DSC02826.jpg

DSC02832.jpg

DSC02830.jpg

DSC02827.jpg

Once again, great job by JP. Definitely urge anyone out there who's uncertain to take a chance on this. You won't be disappointed and it's unlikely we'll be seeing any 1:1's (especially for this price) from AoW anytime soon (aside from Guts' hand).

ghadrack

I just got a couple test pics from JP with the gloss coating on mine, I may wait until it arrives and snap a few more pics before posting to get few different angles but I'm pretty excited to see it in person. I think the matte finish is pretty awesome looking in the lictures though so I hope that I don't regret the decision later. But in the interest of science, onward!

~Edit~ I received shipping confirmation from JP this morning so, it should just be a few days. I'll read up on the forum rules for image posting so I can get em up quick. Like a bunny.

I just got a couple test pics from JP with the gloss coating on mine, I may wait until it arrives and snap a few more pics before posting to get few different angles but I'm pretty excited to see it in person. I think the matte finish is pretty awesome looking in the lictures though so I hope that I don't regret the decision later. But in the interest of science, onward!

Ooo! Definitely keep us posted! :serpico:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED

Would definitely be interested in seeing this version! Thanks for posting the results later on! I doubt you'll regret your decision. You're basically getting the same statue, just a different finish. I think the only reason I wouldn't get the glossy version is If I owned the other two matte 1:1 scales.

ghadrack

I went and picked it up from the post office at lunch. JP really packed the hell out of it and it came through without a scratch. I'll get some pics taken to night when I get home. I think it looks all kinds of awesome! :femto:

Sorry for the flash, it was dark when I got home from work was having trouble getting a decent pic without flash, it doesn't look near as bright or "flashy" in real life. I'll try to get some better shots without all the wash out / flash when I can get some in natural light.

jan2011163.jpg

jan2011165.jpg

jan2011170.jpg

Top Bottom