Dark Horse Releases

Z

zelo30

my girlfriend pressured me into going to the mall and thank god she did ( shes awsome.) i was missing Volume 15 and i found it by mistake in the least expected place. i went to FYE. i saw they had a small manga section and long behold i found Volume 15 Yessssssss :) and it was the last one woooot. check your local FYE store.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Cronus said:
Wow, definitely glad I checked on this thread - what's with the early release of 31? Either way, ordered!

It wasn't released early; right on time, in fact. Amazon is usually a bit late getting the volumes out anyway.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, I have all the available upcoming volumes pre-ordered through amazon and they come way sooner than advertised.

Also, John, I can't believe you took back that blank volume without taking a picture... like literally, I don't even believe you now. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Reading the back of vol 33 on DH's site: http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/16-350/Berserk-Volume-33-TPB

...if Guts waits too long to exact his vengeance, Griffith might attain his murderous goals before Guts can return to Midland to stop him!
:ganishka: And what exactly ARE those murderous goals?

Vol 32 is due Nov. 25 and 33 is due Jan 27. After that, just one more volume before they're caught up. It's been a long time coming, but it's finally before us!

I'll really be interested in seeing how quickly they turn out vol 35.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Reading the back of vol 33 on DH's site: http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/16-350/Berserk-Volume-33-TPB
:ganishka: And what exactly ARE those murderous goals?

Vol 32 is due Nov. 25 and 33 is due Jan 27. After that, just one more volume before they're caught up. It's been a long time coming, but it's finally before us!

I'll really be interested in seeing how quickly they turn out vol 35.

Haha, I read that as well and found it pretty amusing. :ganishka:

?

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=berserk+volume+15&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3DVFA_en___GB216&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=3802501479926018057&ei=ipvjSvuDLMWH4Qa6i82SAg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CBcQ8wIwBA#ps-sellers
#

Doesn't seem that hard to find.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
?

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=berserk+volume+15&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3DVFA_en___GB216&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=3802501479926018057&ei=ipvjSvuDLMWH4Qa6i82SAg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CBcQ8wIwBA#ps-sellers
#

Doesn't seem that hard to find.
Check the details of the sites you listed dude. It's out of stock in all of them except TFAW (where Im guessing it's still out of stock but they arent reporting it). Amazon sellers are selling used copies.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
I really don't know why it's hard to find. Even years ago when it was released, I could never find it. Ever.

I think it might be due to the content of the volume, maybe? Children dying gruesome deaths might have something to do with it.

Anywho, I found it on eBay for like $60. Cheapest I've seen.

Borders seems to have a copy for $14.99 though (or at least they seem to after I pretend to buy it right before sign up time).

Here's another site that seems to have it:

http://www.comicreaders.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=44_47&products_id=5835&osCsid=589bfe5fc8270cec314b9465706922eb

And if you're willing to buy off ebay then why not Amazon as well? (both have them pre-owned, obviously)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Johnstantine said:
I really don't know why it's hard to find. Even years ago when it was released, I could never find it. Ever.

I think it might be due to the content of the volume, maybe? Children dying gruesome deaths might have something to do with it.
That seems a lot less likely than DH changing the number they printed in the initial run and then not running reprints.

Henry Spencer said:
Borders seems to have a copy for $14.99 though
Actually, it says "backorder" right above the add to cart button.

And if you're willing to buy off ebay then why not Amazon as well? (both have them pre-owned, obviously)
Why should we have to buy it used though? It's a popular series and one of the cornerstones of DH's manga library. They shouldn't run out of it.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
I totally agree with Walter here. Why should the Berserk fans be relegated to used copies? To make matters worse, the sellers selling used copies are usually asking at least $70. That's crazy for a used copy (probably crazy for a new copy too :serpico:). I think DH needs to simply reprint Volume 15. Of course that is easier said than done.

If some of you can find that older copy at your local book store, that's fantastic. However, I wouldn't bank on finding it at your local store for $15.

I tried Barnes&Noble online, but didn't have much luck. There was a seller that had Volume 15 listed as new and available for $12. Sad to say, that page must have been way out of date. Right after sending my payment, I received a refund. That seller obviously did not have any copies in stock.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
What a fiasco. A feel like as a whole Dark Horse has done an ok job, but they've dropped the ball so many times I just can't help but be dumbfounded. I remember people saying awhile ago how Vagabond gets royal treatment from Viz and they bend over backwards for their signature series... I wish Dark Horse would have that kind of commitment.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Johnstantine said:
Anywho, I found it on eBay for like $60. Cheapest I've seen.

$60? That's ridiculous. You can buy 10 Japanese volumes for that price. And I can only agree with Walter and Tirade, why should anyone have to settle for a used copy? Not only that but the second-hand market is clearly not enough to meet the demand if prices are that inflated. I just checked and they have a thread about it on DH's message board, but it hasn't gotten any answer. Maybe massive complaining in there would help bring the issue to DH's attention?

I Emailed DH on several occasions and never received an answer about Volume 15. It seems to me that although they have the rights to a lot of great series (Hellsing, Gantz, Vampire Hunter D and Berserk) they don't seem to take as much care of the ones that matter the most, nor do they listen to the people that matter the most.

Either way I have a nicely sealed copy of Volume 15 now and if the guy at the stall that I bought it from yesterday knew what he had, I doubt I would have got it for such a respectable price.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Aazealh said:
$60? That's ridiculous. You can buy 10 Japanese volumes for that price. And I can only agree with Walter and Tirade, why should anyone have to settle for a used copy? Not only that but the second-hand market is clearly not enough to meet the demand if prices are that inflated. I just checked and they have a thread about it on DH's message board, but it hasn't gotten any answer. Maybe massive complaining in there would help bring the issue to DH's attention?

Yes, truly it is ridiculous. I'd love to complete my collection, but it seems like but a dream at this point in time.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Aazealh said:

The scary part about that price though? That's the cheapest I've seen that Volume go for online. DH seems content to give Berserk the finger. Reminds me of another hobby of mine - Star Wars miniatures. Wizards of the Coast has mismanaged that brand so much. Very similar to DH's inept handling of Berserk. It is a wonder Star Wars minis is still alive.

Top Bottom