Episode 243

puella

Berserk forever
YA says "They have finally reached Vritanis bay, and the Kushan's shadow that looms over them. The huge drama will unfold in(from) YA#17! (this is the same as Saiki's translation)
Don't miss Guts at the back of supplement poster and the info on the colored page and the next." in the last page of this episode.

What will they show us? damn curious.

And to Miura

First,I wish you great summer vacation though I'm nost sure if I can endure such a long term ,2months oh, well.
Second, Happy birthday, Miura. :D 10 days in advance.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
No Berserk for the summer... oooh well, just means there will be a kick-ass new part of the story. Even though I was losing interest, Miura has introduced some interesting new aspects to the story.

2 months?!?! :'(,

but in two months: ;D,

and happy birthday Miura!!!!!!!!!!!! 8),

how old is he by the way?,

just curious :D,

- c

I think when he first started creating Berserk he was younger than 25 years old, which to me is amazing seeing such classics to be made by people would usually require much more of life's experiance, and If I recall correctly Berserk was one of the first things he created as a official manga creator.

That prodigy of men deserves the time off he is getting. Happy birthday Miura!

I

Italian_demon

Reading the Episode i saw that the old "smoking man" that probably drove the attach from the boath to the whole zone, didn't attach specifically Guts and the others, he was just invading the land, as sounds like he didn't figure out yet why he lost track with one of the monsters under his controll....
I read many posts telling about eventual Ganiska's plans about Guts, but i didn't read anything that makes us relly know that he even know about Guts existence (he might have heard about the Black Swordman, but probably he didn't get yet to know his real potentials, expecially after he wore the Berserker!).
So i think things between Ganiska and Guts might develop in many directions but just in an eventual meeting between the two personages...

cmz

Science Fry
Sparnage said:
I think when he first started creating Berserk he was younger than 25 years old, which to me is amazing seeing such classics to be made by people would usually require much more of life's experiance, and If I recall correctly Berserk was one of the first things he created as a official manga creator.

That prodigy of men deserves the time off he is getting. Happy birthday Miura!

The most creative time in your life seems to be in your 20s.

I don't know about Guts and Ganishka meeting. I think Guts will kill more Kushan/Kushan monsters. Ganishka will learn of Guts and Guts will hear about what's going on in Midland but will continue on to Elfhelm. Ganishka will have to contend with the Band of the Hawk and I think Griffith will be the one to bring Ganishka down. But who knows, maybe Guts will join up with the alliance and help them against the Kushan. But I doubt it.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
I really cant see guts siding with griffith or gank. Guts will probably be caught in the middle of a war, and it would probably end up with either both sides trying to kill guts for the damage he has done to both sides or both sides would try to convert or recruit him into their ranks after they realize how powerful he is.

DemonX said:
Guts will probably be caught in the middle of a war, and it would probably end up with either both sides trying to kill guts for the damage he has done to both sides or both sides would try to convert or recruit him into their ranks after they realize how powerful he is.

That was interesting but i believe the neo hawk will neither try to kill him nor recuit him (Griff had try but fail to recruit him, neither he wans him dead otherwise there will be no vol 23)

I

Italian_demon

dwarfkicker said:
I don't know about Guts and Ganishka meeting. I think Guts will kill more Kushan/Kushan monsters. Ganishka will learn of Guts and Guts will hear about what's going on in Midland but will continue on to Elfhelm. Ganishka will have to contend with the Band of the Hawk and I think Griffith will be the one to bring Ganishka down. But who knows, maybe Guts will join up with the alliance and help them against the Kushan. But I doubt it.

Well, really i was thinking something like this...
I don't think Guts would join to anyone either, but yes, if it happens must be cause an eventual meeting...
My point was the Ganiska untill now, doens't have particular plans about Guts....
But there is a factor between them that is interesting, i'm sorry now i not home i can't read the Manga, but there was a young worrior that fight for Ganiska that is a prince (Guts met him and defeat him already before the Eclips, and then they met again when Guts came back to the forest to save Caska and the others from his attach...). In the last episodes when he appeared he sounded a good person, i wonder if he can have a role in the future meeting again Guts.....

cmz said:
The most creative time in your life seems to be in your 20s.

People in such industrys as writers and directors for movies and books or whatever do not usually become famous in their 20's. It takes longer and is harder to make a name for themselves.

cmz

Science Fry
Sparnage said:
People in such industrys as writers and directors for movies and books or whatever do not usually become famous in their 20's. It takes longer and is harder to make a name for themselves.

I never said a thing about becoming famous. That comes with time. I only commented about being creative. *hands you a thesaurus/dictionary*

cmz said:
I never said a thing about becoming famous. That comes with time. I only commented about being creative. *hands you a thesaurus/dictionary*

I have no idea where you pulled the idea of being less creative as you age from. If Berserk stops within a decade then that doesn't mean Miura or anyone else can't create something at least as good because he is not in his 20's. Age isn't going to slow down ones creativity, if anything he becomes better with experience as he ages.

I commented on the fact that he made a classic at such a early age, because many people strive for years of their lives before achieving such succeeding from their creative work.

ZKK

Sentient Entropy.
puella said:
YA says "don't miss Guts at the back of supplement poster"

I think I may have found a picture of that poster you mentioned Puella.
Seeing that I just can't wait to see what the cover will be like for volume 27.

ZKK said:
I think I may have found a picture of that poster you mentioned Puella

Hey, that is it! I am glad you mentioned this because I don't keep my Young Animals; I cut out the Berserk chapters and pitch the rest.

I never would've thought to look on the back side of the poster. Not being among the demographic this publication is aiming for, I don't look at the girls. ;) Guts and the Eternal Princess of Young Animal were in the trash can...good thing I hadn't emptied the trash yet.

Nice poster. YA also had four pages of color ads for the new PS2 Berserk game. I'm not a gamer, but it looks nice.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
ZKK said:

God, I hope that IS the cover. If he pulls a volume 22 on us, I'll be crushed.

-Griffith

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I think the poster Puella was talking about is the one to be released from the next YA featuring a Berserk episode (244), issue 17, on august 28.

ZKK said:

That poster is -bad ass-.  I especially like the beast eyes in the corners.

miurafan: Was this the poster you rescued from the trash? 

Top Bottom