Ratner's X-men 3 first look

CnC

Ad Oculos
Ratner's released some photos to USA Today of X3:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/2005/x3/flash.htm

The only real shots worth while are the beast and angel shots, while I was surprised halle berry is back. I thought she left.

Dunno about Beast, while I'm glad it doesn't look like a blue Kelsey Grammer, it still looks wierd.
Ah well, what do you guys think?
 
Beast looks pretty good, I think. Angel is hard to get wrong and it's good to see Hugh Jackman back as Wolverine. The idea of a Wolverine spin-off is intriguing, too.
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
CnC said:
Dunno about Beast, while I'm glad it doesn't look like a blue Kelsey Grammer, it still looks wierd.
Ah well, what do you guys think?


Definitely, I don't remember Beast being this ugly.




I think he'd make a good Joker though! :troll:
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
Definitely, I don't remember Beast being this ugly.
Yeah, it's gross IMHO. The shot of him in the link really isn't too hot. Otherwise I think Angel looks fine.

I'm not a fan of the X-men flicks anyway, or any adaptation of that kind for that matter.
 

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:

I think he'd make a good Joker though! :troll:
He _is_ the joker. While I'd be one of the first to quickly denounce any changes or additions to the foundation Singer left behind on this series, I don't dislike these pics. Angel looks good (despite it being a easy character to get right), and while Beast looks weird, its partly because its a weird happy/angry expression thats being given in the photo. I originally wasn't too keen on what Nightcrawler looked like until I saw him in action. I think the acting job is what's going to sell Beast as a plausible character.
That goes for everything, though. I don't think the look of this movie would be its fault, rather its plot and dialogue.
 

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
CnC said:
while I was surprised halle berry is back.  I thought she left.
Eh, Ratner upped her pay so she would stay; should've just let her go in my opinion, just another reason this movie is going to suck.
 

CnC

Ad Oculos
Wah wah wah said:
Eh, Ratner upped her pay so she would stay; should've just let her go in my opinion, just another reason this movie is going to suck.
Well, I'm not going to defend her as an asset to the series, she has become a part of the core group. I would definitely wonder where she is or be distracted if she were to be replaced.
 
I'm wondering how they are goin to handle Arch Angel, are they going to have him losing his natural white wings and getting his classic metal wings from Apocalypse or will the story delve into that at all?

What about psylocke/gambit, why aren't they in the movie? I'd really like to see Gambit in at least ONE of the x-men movies, he's easly one of the most favorites from the xmen to many people.
 

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
CnC said:
Well, I'm not going to defend her as an asset to the series, she has become a part of the core group.  I would definitely wonder where she is or be distracted if she were to be replaced.
Having her go to Africa and using any number of Storms side-stories as an excuse would be prefereable to letting Halle Barry anywhere near these movies in my opinion.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Stiler said:
I'm wondering how they are goin to handle Arch Angel, are they going to have him losing his natural white wings and getting his classic metal wings from Apocalypse or will the story delve into that at all?
Great question, I often wonder myself how theyre going to cram in the Hellfire Club, Longshot, Mojo, the Secret Wars, the Wolverine vs Yashida Clan arc, the Wolverine vs Omega Red arc, the Days of Future Past, Bishop, Cable and his saga from the future, not to mention Strife and the Ex-cutioner's song and many many more... all in one movie!

I guess theyll just have to pick one :judo: How Lame! :miura:
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Stiler said:
I'd really like to see Gambit in at least ONE of the x-men movies, he's easly one of the most favorites from the xmen to many people.
Same here, he's one of my (many) favorites. I'm afraid of what they'd have him look like though. :puck:
 
He was at least mentioned in X2, however briefly, when his name (Remy Lebou sp?) shows up on a computer Mystique is hacking into. This isn't any indication that he's going to appear in X3 or any unforeseen sequels, but it's a start. Beast's alter-ego showed up on a TV program in the bar that Mystique seduces the guard in, as well. :void:
 
ACtually Gambit was in the script for X3 as a villian but he had no char. He was just there to blow things up and didnt have any real important parts aside from probably fighting alongside the other baddies and that was it. It was a waste of character but then again the original X3 was atrocious in general with nearly all the major characters being eliminated somehow and a plot that was pretty much X2 with a virus (not even the Legacy virus). Oh and there are still no sentinals...

Hell I'm not sure where this movie is going as supposedly its about the dark pheonix but then again its about another human bent on destroying mutants, but with a virus this time... whatever. I just want sentinals and maybe Apocalypse or Mr Sinister.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
He was at least mentioned in X2, however briefly, when his name (Remy Lebou sp?) shows up on a computer Mystique is hacking into.
It's Remy Lebeau and yeah, I noticed it when watching the movie ("Le beau" is French for "the beautiful" by the way). I didn't think a lot of people would even make the connexion but it's better than nothing at all I guess.

HawaiianStallion said:
I just want sentinals and maybe Apocalypse or Mr Sinister.
Just Juggernaut would be fine really. :zodd:
 
Aazealh said:
It's Remy Lebeau and yeah, I noticed it when watching the movie ("Le beau" is French for "the beautiful" by the way). I didn't think a lot of people would even make the connexion but it's better than nothing at all I guess.
Thank ya for the correction. Figured it was wrong, but oh well. The beautiful, eh? Nice Remy. Nice. :guts:

[quote author=Aazealh]
Just Juggernaut would be fine really. :zodd:
[/quote]

Same, Juggernaut rules! :SK:
 
Aazealh said:
Just Juggernaut would be fine really. :zodd:
Juggernaut would be nice, but still his origin isn't mutant so dunno how they would pull that off. The Sentinnels or Apocalypse would be greatly welcomed tho.
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
dwarfkicker said:
Teaser trailer is up:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/x3/
Well, it looks like it could go either way, I like the shots of Wolvie and his cigar is what looks like the War Against the Machines (or the nasty sentinel future). My gut feeling still tells me "total garbage," though. =)
 

CnC

Ad Oculos
well, I don't mind the visuals. But considering all the rage shots (cyclops, mageto, ect.) and the most poorly inspired speech I've heard in a trailer ('make our last stand', huh?), I'm leaning more towards the crap side of things.

Fun to watch, with little to no nutritional value.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like they're doing a bit of Dark Phoenix, as all us nerds already predicted in the last movie.

Check out that first scene in the trailer, looks like Jackman and Berry would rather be somewhere else :guts: "Another X-Men movie?!" :schierke:
 
Hmmm...could turn out to be all right...but then again, there's the hooker mutant...hmmm...might have to pirate this one instead of spending hard-earned money on it... :carcus:
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Entropy said:
Juggernaut would be nice, but still his origin isn't mutant so dunno how they would pull that off. The Sentinnels or Apocalypse would be greatly welcomed tho.
Well the Sentinels and Apocalypse aren't mutants either so... :chomp:
 
Actually to anyone who didnt know, Juggernaut was in the original script for X3 as well... but he sucked. He was a mutant and he didnt have much of a character except to beat people up. I dont even think they mention his relationship to Prof X.
 

CnC

Ad Oculos
HawaiianStallion said:
Actually to anyone who didnt know, Juggernaut was in the original script for X3 as well... but he sucked. He was a mutant and he didnt have much of a character except to beat people up. I dont even think they mention his relationship to Prof X.
they made him a mutant? wow, that would have sucked.
 
Top Bottom