Ratner's X-men 3 first look

Actually Juggernaut is still in this movie guys. Just watch the teaser again. The scene where Magneto is speaking to the large group of mutants in the woods... look to his right and notice the very large and muscular guy holding a very suspicious helmet in his arms. A helmet oddly similar to Juggernauts... oh and there is also the scene where Magneto's is breaking him out of some sort of fancy prison as well.

Yeah Juggernaut's in it, and I'm willing to bet one of those mutants standing behind Magneto was Gambit as well seeing as he was another member of Brotherhood in X3. Yeah this movie is going to blow and Avi Arad and the people at Fox are complete jack asses. If anyone know's what went on behind the scenes you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Here's a better pic of Juggarnaut:

IMO, LAME AS HELL!

WTF? Juggarnaut is supposed to be HUGE, that guy is TINY compared to the comic juggarnaut.

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:XMEN161.jpg

CnC

Ad Oculos
wow... didn't notice that... thats all sorts of ridiculous...
movie officially sucks now. From the teaser, no less.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I am personally and morally outraged to that they did not find an eight foot tall, six foot wide man with an arm the size of Hugh Jackman to play Juggernaut (more like JuggerNOT lol)! This is not exactly like the comic, it's as if there's some sort of limitation of reality going on here! I don't understand and it's not fair! Also, why isn't Deadpool in the movie, he's like my favorite character and he fights X-Factor and that's X-Men too. And what about the Shi'ar? They're very cool and should certainly be in the X-Men movies. I want to see the Imperial Guard fighting the X-Men, a battle between Collosus and Neutron would be very cool, and with Phoenix they could have D'Ken try and harness the power of the M'Krann crystal so she can stop him and that would be good like the comics. But OMG! Look at that trailer! Look at this mess! I need to call a dogg catcher er something. Man, what is this? Look at that trailer. Where's my Psylocke at!?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Psymont 2.0 said:
hyde in LXG looked pretty good... they could have gone that route for juggs...

If I remember correctly Hyde was mostly practical effects.

And I would banish any usage of the techniques used to create LXG, as that movie was a pile of dung. The methods of changing Jekyll to Hyde were particularly bad...

I'd have preferred Juggernaut not be included if this is the alternative...

"Griffith No More!" said:
I am personally and morally outraged to that they did not find an eight foot tall, six foot wide man with an arm the size of Hugh Jackman to play Juggernaut (more like JuggerNOT lol)! This is not exactly like the comic, it's as if there's some sort of limitation of reality going on here!

I detect your sarcasm, and I say to you,

1. Prosthetics.

They are fully able to make someone look a lot bigger aswell as making him a lot taller then he appears.

It'd get really really hot for the actor yes, but they can do it.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Stiler said:
I detect your sarcasm, and I say to you,

1. Prosthetics.

Naw, why would he be sarcastic? If they couldn't find said giant, they shouldn't have even bothered trying. I don't think a depiction of Juggernaut could have been achieved via practical effects. He's about the same size (if not bigger) than the hulk, and you didn't see them use prosthetics for THAT movie...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I just don't understand the outrage at this point, considering almost every adaptation of the characters has varied from the comics; in that regard, it doesn't look any worse than the last two X-Men movies. It's not like these were so good to begin with, the first one I can still do without, and though I personally like X2, it's still not some mind-blowing experience of the comics brought to life on the screen or anything. So, I'd think if you're still on the X-Men movie banwagon at this point, you wouldn't be getting off now.

Speaking of which, I boycotted the first one for years, I might not have even seen it all the way through until after the second, and that's after a childhood of dreaming of an X-Men movie. =)

My problem is the script for X3 was atrocious. Its not even a good movie let alone a good comic book movie. The focus is Wolverine, Magneto, and Jean Grey. Every other mutant gets a few minutes of showtime where they dont really do anything except occasionally fight. Worse yet is they kill off half the main characters and then Avi Arad goes on to insult all the fan's of the series after complaints began rolling in.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I just don't understand the outrage at this point, considering almost every adaptation of the characters has varied from the comics; in that regard, it doesn't look any worse than the last two X-Men movies. It's not like these were so good to begin with, the first one I can still do without, and though I personally like X2, it's still not some mind-blowing experience of the comics brought to life on the screen or anything. So, I'd think if you're still on the X-Men movie banwagon at this point, you wouldn't be getting off now.

Speaking of which, I boycotted the first one for years, I might not have even seen it all the way through until after the second, and that's after a childhood of dreaming of an X-Men movie. =)

Well, I agree with you that X2 was better than X1, I liked X1 in that it had such a high probability of failure and managed to be good. X3 jumps ship and decides to be a cash-in, so yea, I jumped the caravan after the first 2 movies.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
HawaiianStallion said:
My problem is the script for X3 was atrocious. Its not even a good movie let alone a good comic book movie. The focus is Wolverine, Magneto, and Jean Grey. Every other mutant gets a few minutes of showtime where they dont really do anything except occasionally fight.

You tell'em!!!, every X-Men movie should be about 6 hours long. Peter Jackson iz my heeero, he should be directing dis movie like LOTR!!1!!111. What can you seriously expect?

And yeah, Griff... Psylocke, say no more bud.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
HawaiianStallion said:
The focus is Wolverine, Magneto, and Jean Grey.
God forbid they focus on characters with the potential to drive the story.

The two currently running movie threads astound me. People are complaining about pirate and comic book movies, genres which have always been benign popcorn flicks. What do you people expect?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I just don't understand the outrage at this point, considering almost every adaptation of the characters has varied from the comics; in that regard, it doesn't look any worse than the last two X-Men movies. It's not like these were so good to begin with

I can relate to that. I like the X-men quite a lot and wasn't enthralled by the first two movies, and I didn't even like X2 more than the first. I must admit that Juggernaut does look lame to me, but then again so does gramps Magneto who looks like he can barely walk in his armor. I doubt I'll really like X-men 3, assuming I even watch it.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
What do you people expect?

Surely you don't think all pirate or comic book movies are the same? I think that given the acceptance of the already outlandish circumstances one can still expect a decent story and/or decent characters.

Aazealh said:
but then again so does gramps Magneto who looks like he can barely walk in his armor.

Actually I liked the fact that they deviated from the comic book in this regard (however I will state I'm not the biggest fan of the comics out of ignorance rather than choice, but I've seen them). The physical frailty of magneto or prof. X is more than made up for by their power, and thats something I find appealing.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Walter said:
God forbid they focus on characters with the potential to drive the story.

The two currently running movie threads astound me.
  Sure beats all of the XBOX 360 vs. The World threads in StB  :troll:

jubilee2jw.jpg

For curiosity purposes, is that Jubilee in the far right?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
I think that given the acceptance of the already outlandish circumstances one can still expect a decent story and/or decent characters.
I think that's a fabrication most people pick up from the INTENSE DRAMA that trailers create. People expect too much of movies these days because of the movie hype machine that's grown too big for its britches in the past decade.

Are movies really worse, or are we just embittered by a handful of major failures, that were likely setup for failure based on our ridiculous expectations?

And no, I won't offer specifics because I was just promoted to General of Ization.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
I think that's a fabrication most people pick up from the INTENSE DRAMA that trailers create. People expect too much of movies these days because of the movie hype machine that's grown too big for its britches in the past decade.

Well, I will concede that trailers aren't the best way to judge a movie... I don't think that people expect too much when watching a movie.

Walter said:
Are movies really worse, or are we just embittered by a handful of major failures, that were likely setup for failure based on our ridiculous expectations?

Which of my expectations did you find ridiculous? Story or Characters?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Which of my expectations did you find ridiculous? Story or Characters?
Not you, "our." And as an example, I'd say that high expectations for Star Wars Episode 1 doomed the movie to failure.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
Not you, "our." And as an example, I'd say that high expectations for Star Wars Episode 1 doomed the movie to failure.

Thats possible, Pvt. Ization. While you're right in that the bar was set ridiculously high for that movie, I'll try not to deviate from the topic and point out its flaws. Rather I will tie-in that I think the major problem I had was a fault of characters than story. I couldn't believe a single word anyone was saying.

I would expect the problem with the X-men movie would be one of story, as the ability of the characters has been proven (IMO) in previous movies.

Top Bottom