Games everyone should play

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
Man... I just finished play Retro Game Challenge for the DS... What a game!

Yeah I heard a lot of good things about this game... I probably should get it. :guts:

BiQ_

" ... "
Dodonpachi Daioujou ... even if it was only to experience the butthurt. :p
Gradius V ...if it just had moais instead of slime level, it would be The Definitive Gradius ever...imho.

And now, the RETRO SMASH:
Bionic Commando (nes version)
Asteroids
Cannon Fodder & Syndicate
Ur-quan masters
Turboraketti II
Liero
Flashback
Stunts

ori said:
shmups are awesome! I saw soldner-x but I'm hesitant I may try it out.

I tried it (PC version) at a friend's place... I haven't followed up if they made any updates, but let me say this: That game (at least pc ver.) has some serious issues. (however, I am of the school of thought which frowns heavily upon the concept of shields/lifebar in a shmup, so ymmv)

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Although there's already a specific thread for this game, I'd like to recommend Charles Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden.
backleyscreenshotlarge.jpg

Probably one of the funniest games I've ever played. It takes the continuity of Space Jam and turns it into an epic tale of a post-apocalyptic world destroyed by one man's love for Basketball. Seriously, if you can play this whole game without laughing, then you have something wrong with you. The gameplay is pretty damn fun too, and doesn't really get boring at all. Plus all the music is awesome and specifically orchestrated for the game.
http://www.talesofgames.com/barkley/
If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest.
Yes, the save points are a parody of extreme weeaboo JRPG fans

These are the games i would recommend

Berserk Millennium Falcon Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War (JPS2)
Sword of the Berserk: Guts Rage (Sega Dreamcast)
Lost Odyssey ( truly an amazing RPG for the 360)
Thousand Arms ( PS1)
Shining Force 1 ( Sega Genesis and Wii)
Chrono Trigger ( Just plain awesome for Super Nintendo, PS1 and DS)
Chrono Cross (PS1)
Breath of Fire 3 (PS1)
Lunar Silver Star Story (PS1)
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue (PS1)
Legend of Zelda a Link to the past (Super Nintendo)
Final Fantasy X (my all time favorite FF in the series for PS2)
Final Fantasy VIII (can be a pain when you have to junction magic from enemies to build your stats but its still a great game for PS1)
Final Fantasy VII (words cant describe how great this one was for PS1)
Legend of Legaia 2 (was a good game but kinda short RPG for PS2)
Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)
Grandia 2(PS2 and Sega Dreamcast)
Magna Carta Tears of Blood (I dont think many people know about this hidden gem unless I am wrong hopefully I am :slan:, PS2)
Super Mario 64 (N64 and Wii)
Mario Kart (N64)
Sudeki (X-BOX)
Growlanser Heritage of war (PS2)
Pitfall (nice fun game for X-BOX)
Legend of Dragoon (great game for PS1)
Wild Arms (PS1)
Wild Arms 2 (PS1)
Threads of Fate (fun game for the PS1)
Jack and Daxter Series (PS2)
Simpsons Hit and Run (was pretty fun for a while PS2)
Prince of Persia 1 (this was my favorite out of the series even the new one as well X-BOX, PS2 and Gamecube)
Super Mario Bros. 3(NES, Wii)
Paper Mario (N64 and Wii)
Super Paper Mario (Wii)
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (amazing game all around for Wii)
Blood Omen 2 (PS2)
Star Ocean 3: Till the end of time (PS2)
Sukoden 3 (PS2)

I would have mentioned Shadow of the Colossus for PS2 and ICO but i saw that it is mentioned a lot in this thread for obvious reason cuz its fricken awesome :guts: I will add other games that i recommend if I have missed some that I cant remmeber

Oburi

All praise Grail
Suikoden 3? Blood Omen 2? Star Ocean 3? Those games are the worst in their respective series. Are those the only ones you played? :carcus:

Oburi said:
Suikoden 3? Blood Omen 2? Star Ocean 3? Those games are the worst in their respective series. Are those the only ones you played? :carcus:

Sadly yes for Suikoden and Star ocean but no for Blood Omen :serpico: I have played the other Legcay of Kain games and Soul Reaver but as for Star Ocean and Suikoden nope only because suikoden 2 on ebay goes for more than $100 :isidro: and I didnt really like Star Ocean 3 but it was pretty fun to me

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
slan69 said:
well I guess I will remove it :slan:
You shouldn't change your personal best games list just because someone heckles your taste in JRPGs. :azan:

Someone has to stand up for these crappy games! :ganishka:

Walter said:
You shouldn't change your personal best games list just because someone heckles your taste in JRPGs. :azan:

Hm indeed you are right i put these shitty games back up on my list :guts:

Dar_Klink

slan69 said:
Hm indeed you are right i put these shitty games back up on my list :guts:

Oh come on, don't call them shitty, Star Ocean 3 was really good up until the WHAT A TWEEST moment near the end that made me stop playing the game. I really loved doing the item creation stuff though, I'd sit there for a good hour or so at a time using it.

If you like Elite Beat Agents or Ouendan, then you should try this awesome free online version of it called Osu! It has user made beat maps you download, and even A taiko mode for you Taiko no Tatsujin fans out there. I'd suggest getting the video game, anime, and internet packs off of the site for starting out since they have some good music in them.
Here's a link to the site: http://osu.ppy.sh/
Here's the beatmap packs: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/packlist
Here's a screenshot I took of me sucking at the game with the song Battle of the Four Fiends.
dfadf.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:

In her original post she said Suikoden 3 was the best in the series. Anyone who has played the 1,2 and3 knows thats false. SO i asked if that was the only one she had played, turns out it was.She is correct about Suikoden 1 and 2 selling for 100 + dollars on e-bay. With the stradegy guide its like 200. I'm happy to say I own all those and I'm never selling them :guts: Same for Star Ocean, the first two games were better than 3, IMO.

Bhahahah people calm down their just video games everyone has there own opinion about the games they like so just respect it

A lot of great games have already mentioned (Shadow of the Collosus, Silent Hill 2, Flashback, Abe's Oddesy, Torment)

Full Throttle
Broken Sword (Broken Sword 2 as well) Although the trailer narrator from Duckula made me laugh
Discworld 2
The Longest Journey
Sanitarium
(I'll stop with the point-and-click now or I'll be here forever)

Eternal Darkness
System Shock 2
Hotel Dusk
Legend of Dragoon
Dark Chronicle
Berserk: Millenium Falcon
Fear Effect
The Orange Box
Saga Frontier 2

I've never seen D before, it looks really interesting

Dar_Klink

Manjou said:
A lot of great games have already mentioned (Shadow of the Collosus, Silent Hill 2, Flashback, Abe's Oddesy, Torment)

Full Throttle
Broken Sword (Broken Sword 2 as well) Although the trailer narrator from Duckula made me laugh
Discworld 2
(I'll stop with the point-and-click now or I'll be here forever)

Eternal Darkness
System Shock 2
Hotel Dusk
Legend of Dragoon
Dark Chronicle
Berserk: Millenium Falcon
Fear Effect
The Orange Box
Sanitarium
Saga Frontier 2

I've never seen D before, it looks really interesting
Awesome game list especially Hotel Dusk, Eternal Darkness, Full Throttle, and Saga Frontier 2. I really need to play System Shock 2 since I've heard so many good things about it. I've been playing this game Scratches, a point and click horror adventure game and it's been pretty good so far and I think fans of point and clicks would like it.

Dar_Klink

I ordered Shadow of the Colossus about two weeks ago and it finally got here today. :guts: About 30 minutes before I had to go to work. :mozgus: I played it long enough to beat the first Colossus and then had to work 5 straight hours of anticipating going home to play it. I just now beat the third Colossus and all I can say is "holy shit, this game is fucking amazing." I'm only taking a break to type this real quick and to thank everyone that recommended it in this thread. I hope to play straight through the game to the end before I have to go to work tomorrow.

There should be a list of the games mentioned in this thread;

My shortlist:
Half-Life saga;
Halo saga;
Age of Empires saga;
Mass Effect;
Sonic;
Red Alert saga;
Full Throttle;
Escape from Monkey Island saga;
5 Days a Stranger;
Prince of Persia;
Fallout saga;
Football Manager;
Pro Evolution Soccer;

Dar_Klink

Walter said:
After that, don't forget to pick up ICO.
I've had it for a while actually, just never actually played it yet for some reason.

fuxberg said:
Halo saga;
The thread is meant for underrated games, not overrated games. :troll:

Dar_Klink

Just beat SOtC and holy shit! That last one was a bitch, I had it down to no health showing up on the bar and got knocked off all the way to the ground barely being hidden from his electricity blasts, but it did make the final blow more dramatic in the end. The ending was amazing as well, although it was pretty depressing. I can't wait to play ICO after I spend some time hunting lizards and fruit for a while. To anybody who hasn't played this yet, DO IT!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Seriously.... Disgaea folks. Its replay value is crazy and the personalities and quirkiness of the game is just great for a jrpg. You can either play the original on the PS2 or DS. DO IT!

Top Bottom